Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

4.5

on 3/29/2012 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Wow! I had read about Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanant Hair Color on line and on Makeup Alley. Naturally, I would not even think of purchasing it before reading the reviews. I do like this tremendously. I purchased this product at Sally's. In addition I also purchased the hair serum (which I wrote another review and the serum is, hands down, THE best of all time) as well. So, I got this color in the darkest black. I have extremely stubborn gray. My hair is also very coarse but when controlled, I really love it. This color was easy enough to use and not at all drying or damaging to my hair. I have slight breakage from other products so I really need to treat my hair gently. This seems to do the job.
It has been a month since I first used this and I"m going to recolor next weekend. Anyway, although I love the way my hair feels after using this, the color faded from my roots after about three weeks. I would say the staying power of this is better than average, but I truly thought, according to reviews that the color would not fade at all. That is why I have given this 4 lipsticks rather than 5. I guess the perfect haircolor that truly covers gray and keeps the gray covered is too elusive for me.
Anyway, for the price and for the non-damaging this color does, I highly recommend this! Thank you for reading and happy hair to you!

on 12/5/2011 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product rocks! I go almost platinum blonde and this is the first brand I have found that allows me to do it on my own. I have to do a two step process and AB, done correctly, keeps my hair feeling nice and looking great. My original hair color is a dark dirty blonde, so I use the creme-lightener then apply the color. It's so easy. If you aren't getting the look you want with ANY over the counter hair processing product then do more research about your type of hair. Ask your beautician the next you get a cut about your type of hair, how it responds to chemicals and any special considerations about coloring it. I've found most don't mind answering the questions.... it's their profession.... they love to talk about what they do!! Plus if you're a good customer they know you'll be back!! Age Beautiful is a great product. I recommend it!!

on 3/4/2011 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Based on the reviews here.... I went a shade lighter than I thought I wanted, instead of medium ash brown, I went w/light ash brown.... I should have gone w/the medium.... I now have lighter roots than I was trying to cover (my hair is a light ash brown and i like to go richer/a lil darker, it's very healthy even tho i color just about monthly, long & straight).... so while it was clearly the wrong color for me... and I will have to do it again (first thing in the morning - sally's opens at 9)... this covered my gray like NOTHING I've used before and the shine is KICK @SS.... and smooooth like buddah and I don't use conditioner after I color because I feel like it just wipes the color away w/it.... so seriously... while I should be absolutely HATING this haircolor... I can't wait to use it again (and get it right this time). The smell is very faint (i've got super hero sense of smell) and after you rinse you're good the smell doesnt linger (no one will smell you and go oooh she just colored), the application was easy... not too runny... not to thick. It says you can use it w/a bottle or a bowl/brush... (i b/b'd it). My only advice and suggestion is that some people's version of darker is not necessarily someone else's perception of that same color... so go w/the a lighter shade BUT BUY THE COLOR YOU'RE GOING FOR JUST IN CASE!!!! it'll save ya a trip, it costs $5 (there was also a coupon for buy one get one free) & you can always use it for lowlights! This might really be the color I've been hoping to find to replace the Robert Craig (the gray coverage is a cr@p shoot sometimes it covers sometimes it doesnt).

UPDATE: 1/2 light ash brown & 1/2 medium ash brown = a pretty perfect ash brown for me.... which is probably a lil darker than the example of medium ash brown SO... it IS definitely darker but it's ALSO MY NEW HG HAIR COLOR.

2ND UPDATE: I'm tired of the visible roots w/permanent color and have been doing glazes since my grey isn't even really 10%. Still find the glazes are darkening and not fading on the length of my hair (which may be because of the brazilian blow out i did 2 years ago). not longer HG but still pretty good color

on 1/15/2011 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

After reading all the reviews on this color, I decided to try it out! And...I am SO happy! I think this may be my HG. I have medium brown hair that has red and gold in it. I've been using semi-permanent color for awhile, and I didn't have a lot of new growth. (I have lots of grey when it does come in, though, so this product really appealed to me)

I read how this color is darker than you think, and that you should go for a lighter shade. I chose the 6G, light golden brown, and it came out pretty darn perfect. The instructions say to do roots first, so I did, but I put the color all the way through after about 5 minutes, because I didn't have much new growth...and I didn't want to have demarcation lines. I used a pretty stiff 1.5 inch artist's paintbrush to put it on, which really helped me around my face and temples. Left it on for 35 minutes and voila!!

Use the Zotos developer with it for sure. It's awesome...the formula for it and the color are super creamy. Highly, highly recommend this color!!

Popular Hair Color Products