Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

Me - Age Beautiful 4VZotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

4.4

on 7/13/2018 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This stuff WRECKED MY HAIR. Ok, so I've dyed my hair for YEARS, every color under the rainbow, 40 bleach by myself, my hair could tAke it. Until recently, I dyed it BLUE BLACK with age beautiful. I was looking for something permanent, never used a dye meant to cover up gray hair before so maybe that was my mistake? I used the developer that it said to use from the brand too. My hair is short above my ears, it was relatively healthy before I died it with this colour. Immediately after I dyed it, 10 small pieces of hair came out after washing. I thought it just needed some conditioning and stuff, but EVERYTIME I ran my fingers through my hair especially when washing, hair kept coming out! Sometimes it would come out not even touching it! This has never happened to me in my life. I kind of panicked, so I got protein treatments, deep salon conditioners, even olaplex. NOTHING STOPPED THE HAIR COMING OUT. Granted it wasn't lots of hair coming out to notice, but it was still upsetting. I still to this day never understood what happened, because my hair wasn't dry or tangly, it was soft and smooth, and looked shiny and healthy. But it wasn't... so sadly I went to chop off most of my hair again. I learned my lesson, so now I'm just gonna stay far away from any sort of hair coloring for awhile, and when the time is ready I will just go back to what used to work for me. The one good thing about this dye is it was a deep intense blue black, and the dye is pretty permanent from anything else I've tried.

on 12/11/2017 3:00:00 PM

I've recently started dying my hair red, which has insane upkeep! I couldn't keep up with salon prices so I went to Sally's and they recommended this for me. I am 35 and about 50% gray. My hair grows fast so grays start showing in about 3 weeks. The dye itself works great and fades less than the dye the salon used. Color stays longer. I use a color depositing conditioner once a week as well to keep come fresh. I also purchased the matching touch up color spray and it matches beautifully! I will never go back to the salon for my color again, this stuff is perfect and affordable! I use the 4rr and it's stunning.

As with any hair dye, use in a well ventilated area! I don't find the fumes any stronger than other dyes I've used, but you do not want to use in a closed area.

Finally found something that looks flattering! 1.5 ounces of 4NN + .5 ounces of 3NN + .5 ounces of 3V!!!! Yes! I'm telling you - it's the most natural look on me and it addresses my weird coloring (skin color) and the double NN's cover grey better than the N's. As the dye wears, it looks more and more natural with hints of faintly reddish hi-lights. My hair is shiny and looks great. Not noticeably 'V' in color (violet) - that's just added to address my weird skin tone(s).

Background. I have my hair dyed at a beauty school. Whatever they were using was poor quality so I asked, and they agreed, to let me bring my own hair dye and have students apply it.
My skin tone is strange and so I struggle with choosing a color. I used to use Zotos Age Beautiful by mixing 3N and 4N but when I tried to get my color dark enough - I looked dead (wrong tone). So I had to stay lighter than I wanted to just to avoid conflicting tones. I think my skin tone is pale cool olive with plum undertones. That's a guess - for example pure brown eye shadow looks "dead" and fake but brown with hidden plum tones in it look neutral on my eye. Same true for other eye shadows and blushes. I have too little yellow in my skin and what's there is too "cool" (lemon yellow) to look good using gold toned dye. True red dyes seem to emphasize broken caps in my face. Zotos neutral tones were hard for me to wear because I look bad in "pure" browns. Today, I love how it looks and I've gotten some (relieved) compliments (yeah, I was looking a little witchy before). With this mix, I may be able to drift a little darker because it no longer fights with my skin. But for now, I'm HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. Especially the shine - that's been missing from my life for a LONG time. :)

This is my go to hair dye at Sally's when I want to stay away from box dye. It's easy to use with its 1:1 ratio and the directions inside are easy to understand even if you are not a professional cosmetologist. Not to mention its affordable. My go to colors in this line have always been the plums. I have tried 1V which is a Plum Black, 3V which is a little lighter then 1V and 4V which is the lightest of the 3 with more red tones in it. All three colors are beautiful and especially so when the sunlight hits it. My hair never feels damaged after I use this dye which is another reason I think I like this line. The only downfall I see and mind you I am basing this strictly on the Plum shades is that you will see dye come out every time you wash your hair. Also Plum Black will leave your scalp purple so prepare for that. It washes away after a shampoo or 2. Well worth it to me as it shows just how much violet tones are actually in the dye.

on 11/17/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

productlutely love Zotos AGE beautiful hair color. This color is great, great smell, great results and most of all it doesn't over process! I went through cosmetology school about 24 yrs. ago. I was only a few days from taking the boards and was asked to withdraw for circumstances beyond my control.

In school we used mostly Aveda product, granted they do have some good products Bar none this is definitely a product that I pray will be around for a long time to come.ar none this is definitely a product that I pray will be around for a long time to come. found that their color wasn't their strong suit. Most products I have experimented with have an overbearing smell (sulfur). Age beautiful has a much more pleasant smell. I use this product on my wife's hair, as she too used to go to the salon to receive her cuts and colors. Once she found out that I went to school we went to Sally's and bought everything I needed to pick up where I left off. I love to use my artistic talents and treat her hair like a canvas.

My favorite thing to do is foil in three or four different colors. Most common is 4n (base), followed up by intense red, light blonde, and either purple or reddish pink (light blonde mixed with light red and watered down just a little bit). It turns out so beautiful and with a cut and style we save over $100.00 every time. I absolutely love how soft and manageable it leaves her hair.

I am currently enrolled in a private university for business and administration bachelor's degree and am seriously considering opening my own salon.

My wife is a school teacher and when she goes to work after I do her color and cut, she has students that compliment her new looks. But even better her fellow teachers beg her to come home and find out if I could do them up too. I guess it might be time to brush up further on my skills and go get my license.

So most of the naysayers on here probably have never even set foot in an accredited cosmetology school. This product does have a tendency to be a little darker than the swatches at the store by a shade at the most but for the price and results it is superior to most brands.

on 4/29/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've made a return to becoming my own stylist, simply because I was spending a fortune going to the salon over the past year. I've tried box dyes and other dyes from Sally's but I have to say that this stuff is pretty darn good. I really love 1V (plum black) and it really IS permanent; I got a couple spots on my wrist that skimmed past my gloves and it took days for it to wash out, lol.

As for the longevity, I've never used a dye so close to salon results. I have naturally medium brown hair and my hair has been the exact same shade of plum black since I dyed it a month ago. I am actually a bit afraid that it's too permanent because I may want to go lighter this summer. Nonetheless, this worked absolutely wonderful for me! I still have the purple tint that I usually lose within a couple of weeks with other dyes. Also, I have several grays that emerged after college and seem to have multiplied ever since. This does a great job at covering those too.

I don't think I'm going to go back to store bought color in a box again. I went to Sally's and one of the women working there had quite a bit of knowledge and based on all the information I gave her about my hair and what I wanted to achieve she steered me to the Age Beautiful. The color I chose was the 3N Darkest Brown permanent creme and I used 20 volume. The color was perfect! People say this brand pulls darker but mine matched the swatch in the store and was exactly the dark brown I wanted. I usually use Revlon Colorsilk in the Brown/Black color. The smell of this stuff seemed more mild than box color which was nice. The color seemed even and covered my gray strands. I left it in 35 min. My hair feels soft. I am curious to see how this will last and the state of my hair. Box store bought brands are really starting to take a toll on my hair which is why I switched to this now.

on 1/21/2014 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was skeptical to try this at first since I don't have any gray, but I'm glad I did. I bought 9V which covered the hideous orange that always comes when I lighten my hair. I will buy it again but I'll probably buy 10V or the HLA since this ran a little dark, my hair is a cross between a medium/dark blonde right now.

on 1/14/2014 10:43:00 PM

Pleased with this product! Covers grays, hair feels soft - not dry, beautiful shine & color & long lasting. One tip- colors seem to run a bit darker in shade. I mix the 7G with 7R. Very pretty sunshine golden brown/ red tone for my fair complexion;)

on 12/27/2013 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Fantastic hair color! Left my hair soft, shiny and conditioned. I'm surprised because hair color of any kind is known to be drying and dulling. This color surprised me! I am completely sold! Better than any salon hair color I've ever had! And my scalp didn't itch or feel irritated at all and I always get itchy after ANY hair color I've used, drugstore brand or salon. But with this color I didn't get the itching at all! I bought the Clear Shine also but haven't used it yet. I'm going to update when I do. Overall this product is not expensive and does wonderful things for aging hair just like it claims. BUY IT!
UPDATE! Ok so I tried the Clear Shine. It left my hair very soft and conditioned. But that's it. There was no shine at all. It actually left my hair a little dull and definitely took away some of the shine that the hair color gave me. So for shine, I would not use Clear Shine again. The hair color gives enough shine so you don't even need to use anything else.

Popular Hair Color Products