76%

$24.00 on Ulta Beauty
Shop Now

Reviews

9 years ago

Based on the reviews here.... I went a shade lighter than I thought I wanted, instead of medium ash brown, I went w/light ash brown.... I should have gone w/the medium.... I now have lighter roots than I was trying to cover (my hair is a light ash brown and i like to go richer/a lil darker, it's very healthy even tho i color just about monthly, long & straight).... so while it was clearly the wrong color for me... and I will have to do it again (first thing in the morning - sally's opens at 9)... this covered my gray like NOTHING I've used before and the shine is KICK @SS.... and smooooth like buddah and I don't use conditioner after I color because I feel like it just wipes the color away w/it.... so seriously... while I should be absolutely HATING this haircolor... I can't wait to use it again (and get it right this time). The smell is very faint (i've got super hero sense of smell) and after you rinse you're good the smell doesnt linger (no one will smell you and go oooh she just colored), the application was easy... not too runny... not to thick. It says you can use it w/a bottle or a bowl/brush... (i b/b'd it). My only advice and suggestion is that some people's version of darker is not necessarily someone else's perception of that same color... so go w/the a lighter shade BUT BUY THE COLOR YOU'RE GOING FOR JUST IN CASE!!!! it'll save ya a trip, it costs $5 (there was also a coupon for buy one get one free) & you can always use it for lowlights! This might really be the color I've been hoping to find to replace the Robert Craig (the gray coverage is a cr@p shoot sometimes it covers sometimes it doesnt). <br> UPDATE: 1/2 light ash brown & 1/2 medium ash brown = a pretty perfect ash brown for me.... which is probably a lil darker than the example of medium ash brown SO... it IS definitely darker but it's ALSO MY NEW HG HAIR COLOR. <br> 2ND UPDATE: I'm tired of the visible roots w/permanent color and have been doing glazes since my grey isn't even really 10%. Still find the glazes are darkening and not fading on the length of my hair (which may be because of the brazilian blow out i did 2 years ago). not longer HG but still pretty good color

About reviewer (144 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Other

HairBrunette

9 years ago

I am a young 50 with light brown wavy fine shoulder-length layered hair that is very grey in the crown and sides, above the ears. I have to color every 3-4 weeks. Used to get color and highlights in salon but it got so pricey that I took things in my own hands. Tried Excellence creme, Feria and Clairol permanent dyes and then foiled in highlights on the crown and around my face. Now that I have discovered Zotos Age Beautiful I still have to color every 3-4 weeks but I love this product - my hair is so healthy and shiny - no one can believe that I do anything to it because it looks so natural. There is no amonia smell or scalp sensitivity like I have experienced with other products. I use 6N and 7N - the dark blonde on my crown regrowth and the light brown on the regrowth layers underneath. I squirt it into the roots with a bottle and then pull it through the strands with a short stiff brush to create streaks and not form a hard line. I add foil highlights every couple of months to brighten up around my face. If you color often and want gentle non-brassy results, give this a try. I use the 30 percent Age Beautiful developer and get great results. Love this product!!

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

After reading all the reviews on this color, I decided to try it out! And...I am SO happy! I think this may be my HG. I have medium brown hair that has red and gold in it. I've been using semi-permanent color for awhile, and I didn't have a lot of new growth. (I have lots of grey when it does come in, though, so this product really appealed to me) I read how this color is darker than you think, and that you should go for a lighter shade. I chose the 6G, light golden brown, and it came out pretty darn perfect. The instructions say to do roots first, so I did, but I put the color all the way through after about 5 minutes, because I didn't have much new growth...and I didn't want to have demarcation lines. I used a pretty stiff 1.5 inch artist's paintbrush to put it on, which really helped me around my face and temples. Left it on for 35 minutes and voila!! Use the Zotos developer with it for sure. It's awesome...the formula for it and the color are super creamy. Highly, highly recommend this color!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

I really REALLY liked this product. In fact, it really exceeded my expectations. I have done a lot to my hair, its been colored a lot, I have used a lot of different products ( color over color) so in all honesty, its really tough to say what I'm gonna get when I try a color on my hair. Plus, my hair is LONG ( down to my waist LONG) thank goodness it is straight so its relatively easy to part and section off- but it is still a pain to color and get it all done right and evenly. Sometimes my hair absorbs/deposits color in areas of my hair differently than in other areas which really BUMS me out...I notice this more with demi's so I started using permanent color. Anyway, Age Beautiful really did a nice job of coloring my hair fairly evenly (considering...) I had a problem "root area" which it blended nicely ( I used 4RC with 5N w/ 20 volume for 40 minutes). It did color a BIT darker so I might opt to use 6N next time (and just forgo the "red copper" all together and use a golden shade instead). My hair rinsed easily ( I shampooed with the Age Beautiful Shampoo) and the dye wasn't any more difficult to remove from my skin than any other hair color. Sally's had a special this week 2 Age Beautiful products for $15 so I purchased the daily conditioner with the intensive conditioner ( I am all about conditioning which is how I am able to do so much coloring to my hair, keep it so long and yet have it so shiny and healthy). It's a great deal- Age Beauty is a great product. I heard some not so great things but wanted to try myself...I would have given it 5 lippes if the shades were more "dimensional" I want to try Feria just for that look. I like this deep shade (5N w/4RC) but not enough ooomph for me. I will get bored with the flatness ( if my hair wasn't so long I would ponder the highlight idea). Anyway I will use this product again. I think it would be good for someone with "sensitivities" as well, the odor is very mild in both the color and the developer.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

9 years ago

Definitley, this should be ranked above and beyond the best in comparison with all of the permanent hair colors that I have used, and I have used them all. From Revlon to Da Vinci hair colors, this is by far a gentler hair color. It contains Keratin and other vitamins that really keep the hair conditioned. The most important fact about this hair color is that you do not see as much hair fall out. For me, this was a God sent because my hair became incredibly weak after applying other hair color products. It does not burn or make my scalp itch after application either. It washes off the skin quickly and it sticks to the hair permanently. My hair is black and I use N3, which is supposed to be dark brown and I get natural shade of black as intended. Go one grade down on the hair shade that you want to achieve. Condition it with any conditioner and you will get the best outcome no matter what. For reference, my hair is almost 99% gray and 100% stubborn. I use this hair color on my roots every two weeks because my hair grows really fast. I mix one tube of this with 1/2 of the peroxide in 20 Volume bottle from the same company. EXCELLENT PRODUCT AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

About reviewer (919 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

9 years ago

I am 42 years old and have been coloring my hair for 2 decades. Fried my hair a year ago leaving permanent color on too long. Experimented this past year with a variety of semi-permanent hair colors. All brands ended up not covering my grey, which is minimal, or my roots, which are considerable. My hair was dull and ugly. Colored with Zotos Age Beautiful 9N and their 20% developer and got full coverage, shiny, healthy hair that looks great....salon great at a fraction of the cost. I couldn't be more pleased.

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

I'm so glad people told me about this! I used dark ash brown (4a), and got great results. This might run just a touch dark, but since I just did my roots, better too dark than too light I think since I dye my hair much darker than my natural dishwater blonde color. The cost was $5.49 for the color (with my Sally's card), and the developer was $1.99 for a 4 ounce bottle. I used a squeeze applicator bottle to mix and apply this. I put it on for about 45 minutes (on my roots and brows), and then washed out in the shower (taking a few minutes to bring it through the ends). I didn't feel any stinging or itching, and my scalp is sensitive. This also doesn't have a horrible or strong scent to it. My end result is shiny and healthy looking hair (I also used the One N'Only Argan Oil Restorative Mask after shampooing - I'm writing a review on that next - highly recommended as well!) I highly recommend this - check it out next time you are at Sally Beauty! UPDATE! It has been weeks since I used this and this still looks rich and great -it hasn't faded much, but my roots are coming in a again a little (as they do!). I have recommended this to people - it is great! Also - I did my brows with this color and that stayed longer than any other color I've tried before.

About reviewer (699 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Wavy, Medium

2.0

9 years ago

I had like 5 colors in my hair (very light blonde from highlights, red, orange, black, brown and white, OMG!!!). This resulted from various color removal procedures, that not only left my hair multicolor but fried. I was looking for a gentle and lasting hair color and that would cover up this mess. I saw the great reviews and got it at Sally's. The sales girl said that they tend to run dark so i got a medium hoping it would be dark enough to cover it all. I loved the creamy consistency, it made the application easier. Another plus was that it rinsed out quickly. The rave reviews i read said that it left hair in great condition. I didn't expect miracles given the condition of my damaged hair so i wasn't surprised that my hair felt dry after i blow dried. The color on top was lighter than the rest which looked black, that didn't surprise me either because the highlights on top were almost white. You could still see where the lighter parts were if you looked closely. Now, what i didn't expect was that after only 2 shampoos, it lightened considerably and you can see different shades all over my hair. I would not buy this product again. Im not willing to put my poor hair through another coloring for at least 2 months. If i want something that will last only a couple shampoos, i'll get a semi.

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

10 years ago

Not really sure what to think of this... It covers grey like a fiend, that much is certain! And it doesn't seem very damaging. The down side is that it runs DARK - very dark. I got light brown, and did a test swatch, and even my hairdresser asked if I was playing with new colors! We agreed it was at least a medium to dark brown. I tried mixing it with the 2nd lightest blonde shade from the line, and it was *still* very dark, but had distinct reddish highligts. Pretty, but not what I'm after. All in all, if you can find a color that suits you, this is very good. The problem is finding a color, and I think I'm giving up on it.

About reviewer (207 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

10 years ago

Love this color! My hair hasn't felt this great since before I started going gray in my mid-20s. I will definitely repurchase. I thought nothing could replace Ion Color Brilliance, but this makes my hair feel wonderful. I do think it runs a little dark, so be sure to read the instructions in the box if you have been using another brand. Updated to add: The great slick feeling of my hair did not last, but I still think the color is very gentle, and it has not faded. Still runs dark - be sure you go up a shade (i.e. if you are after an 8, buy a 9), and run a strand test. You can see the demarcation line between my previous root touch up, and this. I did not follow the directions because I thought a 9 would be way too light! Should have followed the directions!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm