Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color
Me - Age Beautiful 4VZotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

4.1

on 1/3/2018 10:05:00 PM

I don't usually write reviews, but I feel like Zotos hair color was a God sent! I have been going to the same hair stylist/colorist for years. For the last 4 months or so, she started dying my hair a strange brassy blonde. After trying to get her to adjust it to a natural light brown, I gave up and decided to try something new. I went to Sally's and with a helpful assistant's advice at the store, I chose a light brown color. At home, I enlisted my husband to color my hair. I couldn't be happier with the results!! The dye covered all the brassy orange and the gray roots, too. The color looks natural and the hair looks healthier and shinier than it has in years. (I did use an additional mask to condition my hair after dying it). The only regret I have is I didn't switch to Zotos sooner!

on 12/11/2017 3:00:00 PM

I've recently started dying my hair red, which has insane upkeep! I couldn't keep up with salon prices so I went to Sally's and they recommended this for me. I am 35 and about 50% gray. My hair grows fast so grays start showing in about 3 weeks. The dye itself works great and fades less than the dye the salon used. Color stays longer. I use a color depositing conditioner once a week as well to keep come fresh. I also purchased the matching touch up color spray and it matches beautifully! I will never go back to the salon for my color again, this stuff is perfect and affordable! I use the 4rr and it's stunning.

As with any hair dye, use in a well ventilated area! I don't find the fumes any stronger than other dyes I've used, but you do not want to use in a closed area.

Finally found something that looks flattering! 1.5 ounces of 4NN + .5 ounces of 3NN + .5 ounces of 3V!!!! Yes! I'm telling you - it's the most natural look on me and it addresses my weird coloring (skin color) and the double NN's cover grey better than the N's. As the dye wears, it looks more and more natural with hints of faintly reddish hi-lights. My hair is shiny and looks great. Not noticeably 'V' in color (violet) - that's just added to address my weird skin tone(s).

Background. I have my hair dyed at a beauty school. Whatever they were using was poor quality so I asked, and they agreed, to let me bring my own hair dye and have students apply it.
My skin tone is strange and so I struggle with choosing a color. I used to use Zotos Age Beautiful by mixing 3N and 4N but when I tried to get my color dark enough - I looked dead (wrong tone). So I had to stay lighter than I wanted to just to avoid conflicting tones. I think my skin tone is pale cool olive with plum undertones. That's a guess - for example pure brown eye shadow looks "dead" and fake but brown with hidden plum tones in it look neutral on my eye. Same true for other eye shadows and blushes. I have too little yellow in my skin and what's there is too "cool" (lemon yellow) to look good using gold toned dye. True red dyes seem to emphasize broken caps in my face. Zotos neutral tones were hard for me to wear because I look bad in "pure" browns. Today, I love how it looks and I've gotten some (relieved) compliments (yeah, I was looking a little witchy before). With this mix, I may be able to drift a little darker because it no longer fights with my skin. But for now, I'm HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. Especially the shine - that's been missing from my life for a LONG time. :)

This is my go to hair dye at Sally's when I want to stay away from box dye. It's easy to use with its 1:1 ratio and the directions inside are easy to understand even if you are not a professional cosmetologist. Not to mention its affordable. My go to colors in this line have always been the plums. I have tried 1V which is a Plum Black, 3V which is a little lighter then 1V and 4V which is the lightest of the 3 with more red tones in it. All three colors are beautiful and especially so when the sunlight hits it. My hair never feels damaged after I use this dye which is another reason I think I like this line. The only downfall I see and mind you I am basing this strictly on the Plum shades is that you will see dye come out every time you wash your hair. Also Plum Black will leave your scalp purple so prepare for that. It washes away after a shampoo or 2. Well worth it to me as it shows just how much violet tones are actually in the dye.

on 11/17/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

productlutely love Zotos AGE beautiful hair color. This color is great, great smell, great results and most of all it doesn't over process! I went through cosmetology school about 24 yrs. ago. I was only a few days from taking the boards and was asked to withdraw for circumstances beyond my control.

In school we used mostly Aveda product, granted they do have some good products Bar none this is definitely a product that I pray will be around for a long time to come.ar none this is definitely a product that I pray will be around for a long time to come. found that their color wasn't their strong suit. Most products I have experimented with have an overbearing smell (sulfur). Age beautiful has a much more pleasant smell. I use this product on my wife's hair, as she too used to go to the salon to receive her cuts and colors. Once she found out that I went to school we went to Sally's and bought everything I needed to pick up where I left off. I love to use my artistic talents and treat her hair like a canvas.

My favorite thing to do is foil in three or four different colors. Most common is 4n (base), followed up by intense red, light blonde, and either purple or reddish pink (light blonde mixed with light red and watered down just a little bit). It turns out so beautiful and with a cut and style we save over $100.00 every time. I absolutely love how soft and manageable it leaves her hair.

I am currently enrolled in a private university for business and administration bachelor's degree and am seriously considering opening my own salon.

My wife is a school teacher and when she goes to work after I do her color and cut, she has students that compliment her new looks. But even better her fellow teachers beg her to come home and find out if I could do them up too. I guess it might be time to brush up further on my skills and go get my license.

So most of the naysayers on here probably have never even set foot in an accredited cosmetology school. This product does have a tendency to be a little darker than the swatches at the store by a shade at the most but for the price and results it is superior to most brands.

on 4/29/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've made a return to becoming my own stylist, simply because I was spending a fortune going to the salon over the past year. I've tried box dyes and other dyes from Sally's but I have to say that this stuff is pretty darn good. I really love 1V (plum black) and it really IS permanent; I got a couple spots on my wrist that skimmed past my gloves and it took days for it to wash out, lol.

As for the longevity, I've never used a dye so close to salon results. I have naturally medium brown hair and my hair has been the exact same shade of plum black since I dyed it a month ago. I am actually a bit afraid that it's too permanent because I may want to go lighter this summer. Nonetheless, this worked absolutely wonderful for me! I still have the purple tint that I usually lose within a couple of weeks with other dyes. Also, I have several grays that emerged after college and seem to have multiplied ever since. This does a great job at covering those too.

on 3/11/2015 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I don't normally write reviews, but this product is by far the best hair color product I have ever used. I have had my hair professionally dyed as well as boxed dyed by various other brands. To clarify, I do not have grey hair. I thought that Maybe this hair color would work twice as good on regular hair since it was made to cover white/grey hair. I was right.
In my experience, every dye I have ever used has faded out enough that I don't have to even worry about roots. That is because My hair is dark brunette and I dye black. What is incredible to me, is that after two months, I can see my roots. In other words, the black has not faded to dark brown. It is still as strong as ever. It is raven black, even in the sun light.
I wash my hair in cold water to keep the hair shaft from opening and I use cheap anti-fading shampoo. But I have done both of these things with the other dyes.
I had to write a review because this product has been amazing and exceeded my expectations ten-fold. It is truly a permanent hair dye, and I could not be happier.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this product for about 3 years. I used Matrix before that for many years and I like the Age Beautiful much better. My hair is about 85% grey/silver and it covers everyone of them and doesn't fade. I use 10G and 9N mixed with 20 Volume and leave it for 1 hour. I get compliments on my hair all the time and it looks and feels so healthy. The color does not have any bad or strong odor like some color. I like using the liquid rather than the tube because its easier for me to do by myself and I feel it penetrates the greys better. I'm very happy with this product but I have to mention that I was very disappointed by the Age Beautiful shampoo, conditioner and styling aids.

on 11/16/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff! I switched to hair dye like this after a disastrous run-in with boxed color. Thank goodness I tried this! I tried to bleach my hair with some stuff I picked up at Walgreens and my hair ended up orange and yellow! Thanks to the salesperson at Sally's Beauty supply, I decided to grab Blonde Brilliance toner in Ash and Age Beautiful dye in Light Ash Blonde. It looks fantastic and all of the yucky brassy color is gone. I am really impressed with how nourished my hair is. Especially compared to how brittle and straw-like my hair was after using boxed color. My hair is shiny, soft, and best of all it is a gorgeous color. Absolutely recommend this stuff!

on 11/6/2014 8:50:00 PM

I LOVE this hair color! I use 5N it's true to color.

Popular Hair Color Products