Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

Me - Age Beautiful 4VZotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

4.1

on 9/23/2017 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The fumes burned! I felt like I was going to have an asthma attack and needed goggles! I did an awful dye job because I couldn't see what I was doing and couldn't really breathe. This dye is unusable, unless you use it in a super-well-ventilated room, or outdoors. The color ended up nice I guess. I used the permanent dark blue shade with 10V developer over my natural very dark brown hair. You can't see a huge difference in the colors at least since my natural color is pretty dark, and the blue gives just a slight tint in the light, but I applied it so poorly that it definitely is kind of patchy. This product is unusable and super difficult to work with. I definitely will not use this ever again! I shouldn't feel the need to wear a gas mask just because I want to color my hair!

on 7/7/2017 9:58:00 PM

This it the first time I've given a negative online review of a product. This is the worst coloring product I've ever used! It took my strong, textured, wavy/curly hair and made it soft and limp without definition. It caused my hair to frizz rather than curl. And, my easy to style hair became impossible to style. As for the color, instead of blue-black, my hair became dark brown with a purplish hue. Awful! I had to recolor my hair and I'm trying to figure out how to get the texture and curl back. Wish I could give it a O rating.

Holy chemicals Batman! Yeah the ammonia smell in this product is very strong! I almost had to close my eyes in my small bathroom. It's no joke, so be warned. Your window should be open and your air ventilator should be on, otherwise you might pass out.

I am just using this color as an effective deposit of blue black on my faded Ion color. Although, I regularly use and love the Ion Midnight Blue Black, it does fade to a soft brown / black rather quickly. I love the fact that the Ion product I normally use is PPD free and smells rather nice. This Zoto's one does not.

So, anyways, back to my review of this product. It was time to put the black back into my hair. So because I don't plan on using this product for monthly retouch applications, I can bare the harsh chemical smell once every six months to help me achieve a nice strong blue black color. Oh and this product does just that!

Bottom line: Make no mistake about it, this color is very effective! The bold and absolutely gorgeous color results that you can achieve with the Zoto's Age Beautiful brand is a win for me! Just know that it's loaded with harsh chemicals that get the job done, but I don't recommend that anyone use this monthly because of it.

02/11/2016 Update: Now that it's been a few days after using it. I decided this color is just too damaging. Putting this product on my hair really compromised the health of my hair. The texture of my hair is different. I actually don't recommend it, the damage isn't worth the color results.

on 11/19/2014 6:57:00 AM

First time ever using this brand and I can say that I will never buy it again... I've dyed my hair black before and never had it faded... After two weeks my hair has faded back to what it was before... Very disappointed

I have a mixture of lightish brown and darkish brown hair and since the lady at sallys recommend me this i decided to give this a try. I tried out the dark golden brown and i came out wih HORRIABLE results! This product turned my hair an bright orange, i will never try this product again.

on 11/20/2013 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product really disappointed me. I researched this product thoroughly and felt like it would do the job. But then I tried it. I have very dark brown hair (almost black), and have gray roots that I wanted to cover up. I went two shades lighter than my natural color, since everyone on these review boards said the color runs dark. It not only didn't cover my grays, but it faded out after only two weeks. My roots are now a light brown with a reddish tine, which is a stark contrast to the rest of my dark brown hair. This product is a gimmick. Do not waste your money.

I have long, thick hair. I bought this product thinking that it would cover my white hair. I really had high hopes for this product. Mind you, it's not cheap! However, I bought a lot because I need more than 1 to cover my thick hair.

The bottle is small so 1 is good only if you have a really short hair cut. Age Beautiful did not do its job. It did not live up to its claim. I still have a lot of white hair, especially on top in front of my head. Why does this product claim to have 100% grey coverage when it OBVIOUSLY is not true?!

Age Beautiful is a scam. I wasted my time and money on something that I had extremely high hopes for. No exaggeration at all. I just finished coloring my hair a few minutes ago and I am very disappointed. I want everyone to know that this product does not cover gray/white hair. Please don't buy. You will thank me.

on 7/13/2018 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This stuff WRECKED MY HAIR. Ok, so I've dyed my hair for YEARS, every color under the rainbow, 40 bleach by myself, my hair could tAke it. Until recently, I dyed it BLUE BLACK with age beautiful. I was looking for something permanent, never used a dye meant to cover up gray hair before so maybe that was my mistake? I used the developer that it said to use from the brand too. My hair is short above my ears, it was relatively healthy before I died it with this colour. Immediately after I dyed it, 10 small pieces of hair came out after washing. I thought it just needed some conditioning and stuff, but EVERYTIME I ran my fingers through my hair especially when washing, hair kept coming out! Sometimes it would come out not even touching it! This has never happened to me in my life. I kind of panicked, so I got protein treatments, deep salon conditioners, even olaplex. NOTHING STOPPED THE HAIR COMING OUT. Granted it wasn't lots of hair coming out to notice, but it was still upsetting. I still to this day never understood what happened, because my hair wasn't dry or tangly, it was soft and smooth, and looked shiny and healthy. But it wasn't... so sadly I went to chop off most of my hair again. I learned my lesson, so now I'm just gonna stay far away from any sort of hair coloring for awhile, and when the time is ready I will just go back to what used to work for me. The one good thing about this dye is it was a deep intense blue black, and the dye is pretty permanent from anything else I've tried.

I'm so glad I did a strand test! I used high lift ash blonde and 40 vol on my light brown roots. Usually I use garnier white chocolate, but i decided to buy this because of a recommendation. It turned my roots light red, not even orange or yellow. Because my hairs so ashy, it doesn't pull very orange or gold tones, but with this there was no blonde! It was just red! Now I have a patch of red hair and I'm going out to buy white chocolate again!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Normally I only ever use Ion or Wella brand and for good reason, as I was reminded after purchasing Age Beautiful.
I had the color 7RC [Dark Strawberry Blonde]. I intended to only do a demi [10 volume developer, color deposit only, minimal lift] application because my ends were so trashed and probably couldn't handle anything above a 10V. keep in mind my hair was a level 8 yellow blonde ish mess.

NOW. i never EVER EVER EVER do a test strand EVER. I usually just wing it and 7/10, pretty good odds ay?, it comes out as I expect. BUT this time, I was just compelled to do one.
Thus I did, processed for 20 min, the strand test came up burgundy. No copper, not at all natural looking, fucking burgundy.

I tend to think the 'grey coverage' colors are far more pigmented thus I'd just avoid those altogether. Hence I only use Ion/Wella, not to say they're not good for grey coverage.

I don't know how a level 7 copper [the swatch being orangey] equates to a level 5 burgundy....Glad I didn't do my entire head though.

Moral of the story,
Always strand test. As for this product, I wouldn't use again because they run dark, not even slightly true to color, and the swatch that I did color, the hair looked dry and felt coarse, although the latter is probably just the over processing.

Popular Hair Color Products