Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
 Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color
Me - Age Beautiful 4VZotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

on 12/11/2017 3:00:00 PM

I've recently started dying my hair red, which has insane upkeep! I couldn't keep up with salon prices so I went to Sally's and they recommended this for me. I am 35 and about 50% gray. My hair grows fast so grays start showing in about 3 weeks. The dye itself works great and fades less than the dye the salon used. Color stays longer. I use a color depositing conditioner once a week as well to keep come fresh. I also purchased the matching touch up color spray and it matches beautifully! I will never go back to the salon for my color again, this stuff is perfect and affordable! I use the 4rr and it's stunning.

As with any hair dye, use in a well ventilated area! I don't find the fumes any stronger than other dyes I've used, but you do not want to use in a closed area.

on 5/19/2013 11:14:00 PM

Pros:
Minimal fading (The first time I tried to fade using baking soda and clarifying shampoo. It didn't budge)
Very affordable (They had a sale last month 2 for 1....ended up being less than $6 for 2 tubes of color!)
Gentle on hair (My hair didn't feel like straw afterward using 20 developer. 2nd time I made 25 developer and it felt a tad bit rough when I rinsed but nothing like it has felt in the past using Nice and Easy)
Low odor
Covers grey (I probably have 40% grey)

Cons:
Finding the right shade (get someone to help you if possible. I didn't ask for help and went way too dark the first time. 2nd time was perfect though and worth the experimentation to find the right color b/c this is definitely the right product for me)

Best applied with a brush and bowl not a bottle (this is a preference thing, I'm sure most pros prefer the brush)

on 12/10/2014 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm very happy with this hair color brand. I purchased the 4V Dark Plum Brown from Sally's with their Volume 20 developer. I have dark brown hair, and normally get my hair colored professionally but I'm trying to save a few (actually it ends up saving me nearly $80 per home application) bucks in between trims. I previously had my hair professionally colored a dark brown with a plum hue, but the plum tones didn't turn out as noticeably as I had hoped, and it seemed to fade quicker than normal which is expected. So I figured, 4 weeks after my last coloring, I'll try this one out myself after it was recommended by an employee at Sally's. I could not be more happy with this color. The purple tones in this dye are vibrant, subtle enough to be acceptable in my corporate work environment, but just noticeable enough. I may add some more purple to my ends with the Ion Purple semi-permanent color. But overall, this color is gorgeous and you can really see the richness and color (especially against a black shirt, good lighting, etc.). I was shocked when I could totally notice the plum color under my office's fluorescent lights (normally I cannot see any color difference under these horrible lights) nor could I see my previous professional color job under these lights, so I am very happy! It is obviously a more tedious task to have to color your hair at home, especially when coloring the back of your head, but if I can save $80 every month/month-and-a-half, I'm sorry but I will. Now I just hope my hairdresser doesn't get offended! Another tip, I normally leave hair color on for 20 minutes, but I actually followed through with the directions and left on for 30 minutes (actually close to 40) because I saw the color developing into something amazing. I had patch tested a spot the night before and it pulled a more reddish hue, but I only left it on for about 20 minutes. So if you have a dark hair and want a gorgeous, rich, truly plum color with subtle burgundy highlights, definitely spend the 5 or 6 dollars on this stuff. I also used a tube and a half because I have long, curly hair - one full tube was enough for about 3/4 of my roots.

on 10/14/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have no grays to cover, but this color was the closest to what I wanted out of everything at Sally's, so I took a gamble. I used it in the color 4R - dark red brown. First of all, I was really surprised by how good it smelled! It was lovely and floral, and didn't have that awful hair dye smell at all. It also made my hair very soft, even after using a color remover to lighten my dyed black hair, and with only using my SO's wimpy conditioner for "limp hair".
The color itself is beautiful and multi-dimensional. I wanted something that looked very Fall-ish, like an Autumn leaf, and this fits the bill. It looks different in different lighting, which is great since I get bored with hair color so easily! In some light it looks simply like a rich, warm, dark brown, in others it shines very red, and in some in looks almost burgundy, still in others it's got the dark brown with subtle red highlights.
I'm pleased, and will definitely consider purchasing this or another color from them the next time i dye my hair.

on 7/13/2018 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This stuff WRECKED MY HAIR. Ok, so I've dyed my hair for YEARS, every color under the rainbow, 40 bleach by myself, my hair could tAke it. Until recently, I dyed it BLUE BLACK with age beautiful. I was looking for something permanent, never used a dye meant to cover up gray hair before so maybe that was my mistake? I used the developer that it said to use from the brand too. My hair is short above my ears, it was relatively healthy before I died it with this colour. Immediately after I dyed it, 10 small pieces of hair came out after washing. I thought it just needed some conditioning and stuff, but EVERYTIME I ran my fingers through my hair especially when washing, hair kept coming out! Sometimes it would come out not even touching it! This has never happened to me in my life. I kind of panicked, so I got protein treatments, deep salon conditioners, even olaplex. NOTHING STOPPED THE HAIR COMING OUT. Granted it wasn't lots of hair coming out to notice, but it was still upsetting. I still to this day never understood what happened, because my hair wasn't dry or tangly, it was soft and smooth, and looked shiny and healthy. But it wasn't... so sadly I went to chop off most of my hair again. I learned my lesson, so now I'm just gonna stay far away from any sort of hair coloring for awhile, and when the time is ready I will just go back to what used to work for me. The one good thing about this dye is it was a deep intense blue black, and the dye is pretty permanent from anything else I've tried.