Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

Me - Age Beautiful 4VZotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

4.1

on 7/13/2018 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This stuff WRECKED MY HAIR. Ok, so I've dyed my hair for YEARS, every color under the rainbow, 40 bleach by myself, my hair could tAke it. Until recently, I dyed it BLUE BLACK with age beautiful. I was looking for something permanent, never used a dye meant to cover up gray hair before so maybe that was my mistake? I used the developer that it said to use from the brand too. My hair is short above my ears, it was relatively healthy before I died it with this colour. Immediately after I dyed it, 10 small pieces of hair came out after washing. I thought it just needed some conditioning and stuff, but EVERYTIME I ran my fingers through my hair especially when washing, hair kept coming out! Sometimes it would come out not even touching it! This has never happened to me in my life. I kind of panicked, so I got protein treatments, deep salon conditioners, even olaplex. NOTHING STOPPED THE HAIR COMING OUT. Granted it wasn't lots of hair coming out to notice, but it was still upsetting. I still to this day never understood what happened, because my hair wasn't dry or tangly, it was soft and smooth, and looked shiny and healthy. But it wasn't... so sadly I went to chop off most of my hair again. I learned my lesson, so now I'm just gonna stay far away from any sort of hair coloring for awhile, and when the time is ready I will just go back to what used to work for me. The one good thing about this dye is it was a deep intense blue black, and the dye is pretty permanent from anything else I've tried.

on 1/3/2018 10:05:00 PM

I don't usually write reviews, but I feel like Zotos hair color was a God sent! I have been going to the same hair stylist/colorist for years. For the last 4 months or so, she started dying my hair a strange brassy blonde. After trying to get her to adjust it to a natural light brown, I gave up and decided to try something new. I went to Sally's and with a helpful assistant's advice at the store, I chose a light brown color. At home, I enlisted my husband to color my hair. I couldn't be happier with the results!! The dye covered all the brassy orange and the gray roots, too. The color looks natural and the hair looks healthier and shinier than it has in years. (I did use an additional mask to condition my hair after dying it). The only regret I have is I didn't switch to Zotos sooner!

on 12/11/2017 3:00:00 PM

I've recently started dying my hair red, which has insane upkeep! I couldn't keep up with salon prices so I went to Sally's and they recommended this for me. I am 35 and about 50% gray. My hair grows fast so grays start showing in about 3 weeks. The dye itself works great and fades less than the dye the salon used. Color stays longer. I use a color depositing conditioner once a week as well to keep come fresh. I also purchased the matching touch up color spray and it matches beautifully! I will never go back to the salon for my color again, this stuff is perfect and affordable! I use the 4rr and it's stunning.

As with any hair dye, use in a well ventilated area! I don't find the fumes any stronger than other dyes I've used, but you do not want to use in a closed area.

on 9/23/2017 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The fumes burned! I felt like I was going to have an asthma attack and needed goggles! I did an awful dye job because I couldn't see what I was doing and couldn't really breathe. This dye is unusable, unless you use it in a super-well-ventilated room, or outdoors. The color ended up nice I guess. I used the permanent dark blue shade with 10V developer over my natural very dark brown hair. You can't see a huge difference in the colors at least since my natural color is pretty dark, and the blue gives just a slight tint in the light, but I applied it so poorly that it definitely is kind of patchy. This product is unusable and super difficult to work with. I definitely will not use this ever again! I shouldn't feel the need to wear a gas mask just because I want to color my hair!

Finally found something that looks flattering! 1.5 ounces of 4NN + .5 ounces of 3NN + .5 ounces of 3V!!!! Yes! I'm telling you - it's the most natural look on me and it addresses my weird coloring (skin color) and the double NN's cover grey better than the N's. As the dye wears, it looks more and more natural with hints of faintly reddish hi-lights. My hair is shiny and looks great. Not noticeably 'V' in color (violet) - that's just added to address my weird skin tone(s).

Background. I have my hair dyed at a beauty school. Whatever they were using was poor quality so I asked, and they agreed, to let me bring my own hair dye and have students apply it.
My skin tone is strange and so I struggle with choosing a color. I used to use Zotos Age Beautiful by mixing 3N and 4N but when I tried to get my color dark enough - I looked dead (wrong tone). So I had to stay lighter than I wanted to just to avoid conflicting tones. I think my skin tone is pale cool olive with plum undertones. That's a guess - for example pure brown eye shadow looks "dead" and fake but brown with hidden plum tones in it look neutral on my eye. Same true for other eye shadows and blushes. I have too little yellow in my skin and what's there is too "cool" (lemon yellow) to look good using gold toned dye. True red dyes seem to emphasize broken caps in my face. Zotos neutral tones were hard for me to wear because I look bad in "pure" browns. Today, I love how it looks and I've gotten some (relieved) compliments (yeah, I was looking a little witchy before). With this mix, I may be able to drift a little darker because it no longer fights with my skin. But for now, I'm HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. Especially the shine - that's been missing from my life for a LONG time. :)

on 7/7/2017 9:58:00 PM

This it the first time I've given a negative online review of a product. This is the worst coloring product I've ever used! It took my strong, textured, wavy/curly hair and made it soft and limp without definition. It caused my hair to frizz rather than curl. And, my easy to style hair became impossible to style. As for the color, instead of blue-black, my hair became dark brown with a purplish hue. Awful! I had to recolor my hair and I'm trying to figure out how to get the texture and curl back. Wish I could give it a O rating.

This is my go to hair dye at Sally's when I want to stay away from box dye. It's easy to use with its 1:1 ratio and the directions inside are easy to understand even if you are not a professional cosmetologist. Not to mention its affordable. My go to colors in this line have always been the plums. I have tried 1V which is a Plum Black, 3V which is a little lighter then 1V and 4V which is the lightest of the 3 with more red tones in it. All three colors are beautiful and especially so when the sunlight hits it. My hair never feels damaged after I use this dye which is another reason I think I like this line. The only downfall I see and mind you I am basing this strictly on the Plum shades is that you will see dye come out every time you wash your hair. Also Plum Black will leave your scalp purple so prepare for that. It washes away after a shampoo or 2. Well worth it to me as it shows just how much violet tones are actually in the dye.

on 2/12/2016 3:06:00 PM

I bought this hair dye because end of summer I had went to a salon to lighten my ends. They were bleached to a golden blonde color (natural is black) but I didn't like the result that much. I left the blonde for about 3-4 months and then decided to go back to black. I picked up 2 boxes jet black cause I have thick curly, African American hair. First off the smell is a lot. To say it smells like chemicals is an understatement. One box was enough to cover my whole head I left it for 40mins with heat. It's been 3 months since I've dyed it and it hasn't faded at all. The black isn't as in your face black as it was when first dyed but it's impossible to tell my hair was ever lightened literally no fading and I wash my hair 1-2 week.

Holy chemicals Batman! Yeah the ammonia smell in this product is very strong! I almost had to close my eyes in my small bathroom. It's no joke, so be warned. Your window should be open and your air ventilator should be on, otherwise you might pass out.

I am just using this color as an effective deposit of blue black on my faded Ion color. Although, I regularly use and love the Ion Midnight Blue Black, it does fade to a soft brown / black rather quickly. I love the fact that the Ion product I normally use is PPD free and smells rather nice. This Zoto's one does not.

So, anyways, back to my review of this product. It was time to put the black back into my hair. So because I don't plan on using this product for monthly retouch applications, I can bare the harsh chemical smell once every six months to help me achieve a nice strong blue black color. Oh and this product does just that!

Bottom line: Make no mistake about it, this color is very effective! The bold and absolutely gorgeous color results that you can achieve with the Zoto's Age Beautiful brand is a win for me! Just know that it's loaded with harsh chemicals that get the job done, but I don't recommend that anyone use this monthly because of it.

02/11/2016 Update: Now that it's been a few days after using it. I decided this color is just too damaging. Putting this product on my hair really compromised the health of my hair. The texture of my hair is different. I actually don't recommend it, the damage isn't worth the color results.

on 11/17/2015 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

productlutely love Zotos AGE beautiful hair color. This color is great, great smell, great results and most of all it doesn't over process! I went through cosmetology school about 24 yrs. ago. I was only a few days from taking the boards and was asked to withdraw for circumstances beyond my control.

In school we used mostly Aveda product, granted they do have some good products Bar none this is definitely a product that I pray will be around for a long time to come.ar none this is definitely a product that I pray will be around for a long time to come. found that their color wasn't their strong suit. Most products I have experimented with have an overbearing smell (sulfur). Age beautiful has a much more pleasant smell. I use this product on my wife's hair, as she too used to go to the salon to receive her cuts and colors. Once she found out that I went to school we went to Sally's and bought everything I needed to pick up where I left off. I love to use my artistic talents and treat her hair like a canvas.

My favorite thing to do is foil in three or four different colors. Most common is 4n (base), followed up by intense red, light blonde, and either purple or reddish pink (light blonde mixed with light red and watered down just a little bit). It turns out so beautiful and with a cut and style we save over $100.00 every time. I absolutely love how soft and manageable it leaves her hair.

I am currently enrolled in a private university for business and administration bachelor's degree and am seriously considering opening my own salon.

My wife is a school teacher and when she goes to work after I do her color and cut, she has students that compliment her new looks. But even better her fellow teachers beg her to come home and find out if I could do them up too. I guess it might be time to brush up further on my skills and go get my license.

So most of the naysayers on here probably have never even set foot in an accredited cosmetology school. This product does have a tendency to be a little darker than the swatches at the store by a shade at the most but for the price and results it is superior to most brands.

Popular Hair Color Products