Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

Me - Age Beautiful 4VZotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

4.1

on 7/25/2010 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I picked up Zotos Age Beautiful Hair Color at Sally's. I did my hair last night, and I'm very impressed!!!! It's ultra moisturizing and the 9N color I used looks very natural, and it did not come out darker than it should have. It's a true 9n color. The developer is so creamy and gentle!!! This has got to be the most moisturizing hair color I have ever used next to my old holygrail Garnier Nutrisse. My hair feels 100% healthier, stronger, and thicker. It's marketed to older people, but personally I think anyone could benefit from it. Especially if your hair is dry and damaged like mine. My hair definitely feels more moisturized and stronger after using this haircolor. I highly recommend it! I've used all the hair color lines at Sally's, and this is definitely my favorite one. It's moisturizing like Ion Brilliance and then some! And, the color pigmentation is comparable to Clairol's Premium Soy line. It doesn't go on too dark. It looks natural and multi-dimensional - not flat or matte. It a nice glossy color. The developer is amazing! So creamy and rich, but doesn't drip. I love this hair color!

UPDATE: I'm in love! The developer is nothing short of brilliant!!! It's super gentle, ultra moisturizing, and my hair feels the best, and it looks the best it has in a long time! I decided to test it out and experiment, so I used Zotos 20 volume developer with my favorite color 8gn from Clairol's Soy Premium line, and the results are wonderful!!!! The Clairol developer is not nearly as moisturizing as the the Zotos Developer. I'm not going to stop using this Zotos developer. This developer is the best I have ever used!!! The result were very obvious and immediate. If you dye your hair quite often...Try this! It's worth a try!!!! I hope you like it too!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have been using DS box brands for a while and not really that happy with the condition my hair would be left in. Because of the claims, I decided to give this a try when I saw it at my local Sally's. The sales assoc helped me pick out the color I wanted which ended up being a blend of two. I also bought the 20 developer and mixing bowl, etc. to get me started.

I have to say, I am really impressed. Just like the previous reviewer said, this product conditions like crazy. My hair has never felt so soft after coloring like this. Ever. It's like I didn't process my hair at all. Amazing. It's soft, shiny, natural looking color, It didn't pull red (something I was worried about) HG all the way!

If your on the fence, give it a try. You wont be sorry. Check for a sale or rebate as well. They had one when I purchased so I got to try for free. The check came within 2 weeks. (actually, less)

UPDATE 11/2013 This is my HG hair color. I have been using it since I tried it. I am surprised of the bad reviews or reports of a scam. I think it's more user error. I should say my hair is fine so maybe it works better on a finer hair type over a thicker one.I use one bottle (6A) and have half the batch left after coloring my shoulder length hair so there is plenty for what I need.
They recently they came out with a permanent "liquid" version and I like that one even better. My color is good, my ends are not wrecked and my scalp doesn't get that chewed up feeling using either the creme version or the liquid. I have even had people surprised that I color my hair, that they assumed that my color was natural. Can't beat that.

on 8/23/2010 1:35:00 PM

Age Beautiful Hair Color by Zotos (available at Sallys) is the best hair color I have ever used. I have been coloring my hair forever, and the condition is rather dry, even though I take good care and use good products.
First, the color is beautiful and true. I often get a brassy result, even with neutrals, (used 9N, light blonde). I got a rich, realistic color that I am thrilled with. No brass at all.
Secondly, the condition of my hair improved from the coloring! It feels healthier already! I did my hair 2 weeks ago, and it looks like new.
I can't rave about this product enough.
Hope they never stop making it, as I am hooked for life.

on 8/26/2010 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I ususally use demi perm hair color, but my hair has gotten so brassy and red at the roots lately and nothing seems to be toning it. After reading the reviews here, I knew that if I was going to use a perm dye, this should be the one. Wow - it is great! I still have some areas in the back that I missed which are a little red, but overall a great dye and color. Very moisturizing for my damaged hair. I used 9N mixed with a little 9A. I always pull red and wanted to tone it down so that is why i added the ash. Very true color, not too dark or any off tones. Can't wait to use it when my hair is healthier. I think that it will even be truer to color then. Right now, I was just hoping to blend the red roots with the lighter golden ends and it did that great. Thanks for the tips!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This hair color is by far the best product I have ever used. It actually does as promised. My hair color looks wonderful, and the condition of my hair looks in 10 times better shape. Wonderful shine. I love, love,love it. I am 49 years old. And they are right about our hair gets dull and just doesn't look like it used to with age. But use this product and it will look like it did many years ago.

on 9/17/2010 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Love this color! My hair hasn't felt this great since before I started going gray in my mid-20s. I will definitely repurchase. I thought nothing could replace Ion Color Brilliance, but this makes my hair feel wonderful. I do think it runs a little dark, so be sure to read the instructions in the box if you have been using another brand.

Updated to add: The great slick feeling of my hair did not last, but I still think the color is very gentle, and it has not faded. Still runs dark - be sure you go up a shade (i.e. if you are after an 8, buy a 9), and run a strand test. You can see the demarcation line between my previous root touch up, and this. I did not follow the directions because I thought a 9 would be way too light! Should have followed the directions!

on 9/20/2010 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not really sure what to think of this... It covers grey like a fiend, that much is certain! And it doesn't seem very damaging. The down side is that it runs DARK - very dark. I got light brown, and did a test swatch, and even my hairdresser asked if I was playing with new colors! We agreed it was at least a medium to dark brown. I tried mixing it with the 2nd lightest blonde shade from the line, and it was *still* very dark, but had distinct reddish highligts. Pretty, but not what I'm after.

All in all, if you can find a color that suits you, this is very good. The problem is finding a color, and I think I'm giving up on it.

on 10/21/2010 9:05:00 PM

I had like 5 colors in my hair (very light blonde from highlights, red, orange, black, brown and white, OMG!!!). This resulted from various color removal procedures, that not only left my hair multicolor but fried. I was looking for a gentle and lasting hair color and that would cover up this mess. I saw the great reviews and got it at Sally's. The sales girl said that they tend to run dark so i got a medium hoping it would be dark enough to cover it all. I loved the creamy consistency, it made the application easier. Another plus was that it rinsed out quickly. The rave reviews i read said that it left hair in great condition. I didn't expect miracles given the condition of my damaged hair so i wasn't surprised that my hair felt dry after i blow dried. The color on top was lighter than the rest which looked black, that didn't surprise me either because the highlights on top were almost white. You could still see where the lighter parts were if you looked closely. Now, what i didn't expect was that after only 2 shampoos, it lightened considerably and you can see different shades all over my hair. I would not buy this product again. Im not willing to put my poor hair through another coloring for at least 2 months. If i want something that will last only a couple shampoos, i'll get a semi.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I'm so glad people told me about this!
I used dark ash brown (4a), and got great results. This might run just a touch dark, but since I just did my roots, better too dark than too light I think since I dye my hair much darker than my natural dishwater blonde color. The cost was $5.49 for the color (with my Sally's card), and the developer was $1.99 for a 4 ounce bottle. I used a squeeze applicator bottle to mix and apply this. I put it on for about 45 minutes (on my roots and brows), and then washed out in the shower (taking a few minutes to bring it through the ends). I didn't feel any stinging or itching, and my scalp is sensitive. This also doesn't have a horrible or strong scent to it.
My end result is shiny and healthy looking hair (I also used the One N'Only Argan Oil Restorative Mask after shampooing - I'm writing a review on that next - highly recommended as well!)
I highly recommend this - check it out next time you are at Sally Beauty!

UPDATE! It has been weeks since I used this and this still looks rich and great -it hasn't faded much, but my roots are coming in a again a little (as they do!). I have recommended this to people - it is great! Also - I did my brows with this color and that stayed longer than any other color I've tried before.

on 12/18/2010 12:51:00 AM

I am 42 years old and have been coloring my hair for 2 decades.
Fried my hair a year ago leaving permanent color on too long.
Experimented this past year with a variety of semi-permanent hair colors.
All brands ended up not covering my grey, which is minimal, or my roots, which are considerable. My hair was dull and ugly.

Colored with Zotos Age Beautiful 9N and their 20% developer and got full coverage, shiny, healthy hair that looks great....salon great at a fraction of the cost.

I couldn't be more pleased.

Popular Hair Color Products