Zotos Age Beautiful Anti-Aging Permanent Hair Color

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/10/2014 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm very happy with this hair color brand. I purchased the 4V Dark Plum Brown from Sally's with their Volume 20 developer. I have dark brown hair, and normally get my hair colored professionally but I'm trying to save a few (actually it ends up saving me nearly $80 per home application) bucks in between trims. I previously had my hair professionally colored a dark brown with a plum hue, but the plum tones didn't turn out as noticeably as I had hoped, and it seemed to fade quicker than normal which is expected. So I figured, 4 weeks after my last coloring, I'll try this one out myself after it was recommended by an employee at Sally's. I could not be more happy with this color. The purple tones in this dye are vibrant, subtle enough to be acceptable in my corporate work environment, but just noticeable enough. I may add some more purple to my ends with the Ion Purple semi-permanent color. But overall, this color is gorgeous and you can really see the richness and color (especially against a black shirt, good lighting, etc.). I was shocked when I could totally notice the plum color under my office's fluorescent lights (normally I cannot see any color difference under these horrible lights) nor could I see my previous professional color job under these lights, so I am very happy! It is obviously a more tedious task to have to color your hair at home, especially when coloring the back of your head, but if I can save $80 every month/month-and-a-half, I'm sorry but I will. Now I just hope my hairdresser doesn't get offended! Another tip, I normally leave hair color on for 20 minutes, but I actually followed through with the directions and left on for 30 minutes (actually close to 40) because I saw the color developing into something amazing. I had patch tested a spot the night before and it pulled a more reddish hue, but I only left it on for about 20 minutes. So if you have a dark hair and want a gorgeous, rich, truly plum color with subtle burgundy highlights, definitely spend the 5 or 6 dollars on this stuff. I also used a tube and a half because I have long, curly hair - one full tube was enough for about 3/4 of my roots.