3.8

on 10/30/2016 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

If you like fragrances like Obsession and Opium you'd probably like this. It does smell nice after about an hour. The first hour it was really strong and kind of headache inducing. I prefer fresh, soft fragrances like Fancy Love so I'm pretty sure I'll rarely wear this. It was a blind buy.

on 8/25/2016 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a nice scent similar to Kimora Lee in the black bottle but better. It is strong and more of a night time scent of course but I will wear it during the day. It smells luscious. Incense is what I smell with a slight medicinal note. 5 stars.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Top and Heart Notes: Indonesian patchouli, Egyptian papyrus, Bulgarian red rose, bergamot and night blossoming jasmine

Base Notes: creamy vanilla, amber, oak moss and sandalwood

This is a patchouli bomb if there ever was one. Which is fine if you like patchouli. If not, then this perfume will be your personal nightmare. It's so strong that it will invade your nightmares and won't leave your skin even after you've taken a shower.

Personally, I think this is a very unique, complex perfume that's perfect for the right woman. A woman with a big personality who likes things like amethyst or ruby velvet curtains, skinny cigars, dry red wine and dark chocolate. A woman with a lot of volume in her hair and who owns more than one tube of red lipstick and who has more than one pair of black stiletto heels.

If you're a delicate beauty who loves D&G Light Blue or other light fragrances, then you probably won't be crazy about this heady brew of a scent.

This perfume is very divisive, especially because of the papyrus note that sticks around even in the drydown.

This definitely isn't one of my favorites, although it's earned my respect as a creature in its own right, having walked off the beaten path of fruitchoulis into its very own territory, carving a brand new path for celebrity fragrances.

If you're interested in swapping, I have a bottle that about 95% full. Just drop me a note.

on 5/30/2016 11:35:00 PM

Whoa, this is NOT what I was expecting from a celeb-u-scent (and a flanker scent to boot)! Got it as part of a 5-piece perfume lot on eBay, and I bought the lot mainly for the other fragrances in it. I sprayed this one on with minimal expectations, and was delighted to find it's kind of a modernized amalgamation of two classic Orientals I love-- the bergamot-vanilla opening reninds me immediately of Shalimar; while the juxtaposition of chocolate and strong, peatmossy patchouli are pulled right from the Angel playbook. The dusty papyrus note is faint but interesting, lending a sexy-librarian vibe... But it's that yummy dark-chocolate patchouli that's so fetching about FN. If you don't like patchouli, or forward Orientals in general, you'll hate Fancy Nights. Actually, you'll hate it even more if you were looking forward to something sugary, safe, and girly. FN is dark and androgynous, with plenty of vetiver to kink things up, while ultimately remaining modern and relevant thanks to largely to the synthetic "accords" that make up this inexpensive composition. No, it's not the most brilliant take on Orientals I've ever smelled, and you do need 4-6 sprays to really get the effect, but FN is stunningly good for the price-- $13 for 3.4 ounces on eBay-- l and I really can't stop sniffing my own shirt! Bravo!

on 6/18/2015 12:59:00 AM

My husband LOVES this fragrance. It is one of the few that he will say that I smell good. He seems to go for heavier fragrances. He likes Chanel No. 5 and other high end frags too. I would purchase. Again.

on 5/21/2015 1:56:00 AM

I wore Prada Prada (Amber) on my wedding day, and in this perfume I have found the perfect inexpensive dupe.
Warm, patchouli amber with a hint of chocolate- this is a confident womans perfume, and one not for the faint of heart.
I have already bought a back up bottle!

on 1/29/2015 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

**Update**
So my mom got me a bottle of this for Valentine's Day this year & yep I cringed cuz I don't like it...after giving it a few chances this one I'm actually liking it!! I of course pick up the Patchouli incense-y scent and after a while I pick up the chocolate scent everyone mentions!(I didn't before back in 2012) also when I wear it I pick up hints of spicy vanilla & amber too! Totally different from what I experienced from when I had it 2012! Maybe I had a bad bottle or my nose changed since then lol either way I'm now enjoying this perfume!!!<3

*My review from Jan 2015*

I usually like Patchouli incense-y warm scents but omg this one was a huge let down,it was awful IMO.

I got a bottle for like $10 at TJMaxx back in 2012 and I had to pass this one to a friend who loved it lol it was just waaay too strong and overbearing for my liking..so bad that it gave me migraines.

I like her other perfumes but this one was yucky.

*This is definitely a love it or hate it type scent.

on 8/22/2014 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got a great deal on this fragrance so I couldn't resist and it's a real winner for I love spicy, incense type scents. Like a previous reviewer stated, this is in the same vein as Obsession and Tabu. I smelled the similarity to Obsession right away for it's a big favorite of mine. This lacks the slight civet note that Obsession has and can be obtained for a cheaper price=big win imo! The patchouli/vanilla drydown of this is divine and while this does have great sillage, it's less overpowering than the similar fragrances I mentioned. If you like Obsession but find it too strong, try this one. It's lovely and I don't think you'll be disappointed. :D

I don't slander any perfumes because I believe what I don't like someone else will and my taste is not other's taste. That being said imo this perfume is not my taste but the smell linguers and linguers so the sillage is a huge monster even after you wash it off it still smells, its impeccable on sillage but the juice just ain't for me.

This is quite possibly the most disgusting perfume I have ever bought. The reviews on here gave it the impression it was a nice smell. When I received it and opened it I wore it just one afternoon and then ended up putting it in the cloakroom of our house as an air freshner. It was unbelievably strong and smelt very much like a stronger version of Opium. I had an instant headache the moment I put this on and ended up having to wash it off in a bath at the end of the day. I like to try different perfumes but this has to be one of the worst buys ever. Do not waste your money buying this its just awful and you WILL be disappointed!!

Popular Fragrances