Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Compact Foundation

Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Compact Foundation

3.9

(Active Ingredients : Octinoxate 2.9% • Titanium Dioxide 8.6%) ------------- Talc • Diphenyl Dimethicone/Vinyl Diphenyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Diphenylsiloxyphenyl Trimethicone • Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer • Nylon-12 • Synthetic Fluorphlogopite • Dimethicone • Zinc Oxide • Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer • Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride • C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate • Hydrogenated Palm Oil • Ethylhexylglycerin • Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer • Caprylyl Glycol • Methicone • Lauroyl Lysine +/- (CI 77019/Mica • CI 77492/CI 77491/CI 77499/Iron Oxides • CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide)

on 2/24/2017 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use this as a setting powder on top of my bareminerals complexion rescue. The sponge came together did not wow me at all so I tried applying it with the brush that came with Giorgio Armani Maestero Fusion Makeup compact which I found not suitable for that foundation and it was perfect. The powder has little to no coverage, it gives a matte finish and looks very natural. It feels very light and has a silky texture. If I use it alone I wouldn't like it at all but I use it on top of my tinted moisturizer when it is a bit too dewy and it's perfect as a setting powder... it airbrushes my skin and leaves no dry patches. I had dry patches problem when I used Estée Lauder's tranchlent powder but not with this. The only problem is that it is very very pricy.

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

I was matched to No. 4 which is quite fair for my NC25 / YSL B20 / RMK 102 skin tone. However, I do really like how it doesn't give me the ghastly white / 2 toned face and neck look. The powder though quite fair, it looks natural and fresh.

I've tried applying this over the Lasting Silk Liquid Foundation and the results was a good looking smooth and nicely covered base. I've also tried it alone over my Albion Smart Skin and the result was also commendable.

One thing i do not like about this product is the accompanying sponge which is totally useless. I had to use a flat top kabuki to obtain the nice flawless finish.

I have the habit of touching up during midday due to my oily skin with dry surface, after buffing in the product, the coverage was very high and i looked as though i had perfect skin albeit "I have makeup on" look. But once this is achieved, everything starts going downhill thereafter. I looked like a mess at the end of the day, dry patches here and there with the powder settling into my pores.

For me, I love the smoothness that this powder imparts to my skin but will have to be very cautious about how much I apply.

Very, very good product. It's just too expensive. I returned mine because when I checked the batch code, it was manufactured more than three years ago. And I got this from a major department store!

Also got no apology from the counter manager, just stink eye. Shame on you, Giorgio Armani Myer Bourke Street!

For reference, I'm a MAC NC20. Chanel VA B10. GA Lasting 4.5.

on 7/11/2015 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is not my holy grail, mainly because the SA sold me the wrong shade. I've had this for two years and it's not used up. I WOULD buy this again if the color match were perfect.

When I bought this, I bought shade 3, which is too dark and orange for me. In the store the lightest shade looked too light but in hindsight I think 2 might have worked. At the time it seemed to wash me out. Department store light is the absolute worst for choosing colors!!! Normally I insist on getting a sample to take home and look at in different light (outdoors, indoors), but with a pressed powder this wasn't easy to do, and the salespeople really push you to close the sale with promises of an easy return policy.

Then when I tried to exchange it, I was told that some of the colors were out of stock. She did try some other testers on me, but told me she did not think they would look better.

To be fair, it does appear from a visit to the website (7.11.2015) that they have discontinued most of the colors, which makes me wonder if they are phasing out the product.

So, yeah, it's the wrong color. Normally I would have been much more aggressive about returning it, but wore it a few times over a primer and was told by friends it looked fine. But deep down, I know I need a different color - one shade lighter, neutral or slightly warm not too yellow or too orange or too pink.

Aside from that, I do think the texture is very nice. Silky but not too heavy. There isn't lots of fallout (grains of powder that don't blend in).

I prefer the Chantecaille powder I bought after struggling with this. I had the same initial problem - bought a shade too dark but that time the return was easy and I ended up with the color Shell in that (which is not as pink as it sounds).

PROS:

Armani Lasting Silk UV Compact offers quick sun protection

Convenience (you're done applying in a few seconds)

Provides medium coverage

Makes pores less noticeable upon application (this benefit fades after an hour or two)

Smooth finish that is surprisingly good for a powder

Best for skin that is normal, combination, or slightly oily.

It doesn't appear dry but it does feel a bit dry, and seems to control oil.

CONS:

Not exactly cheap at $59

Won't make you look younger (powders don't)

If your skin is dry, this will start to itch unless you have a primer underneath. For truly dry skin, I don't think powder foundation is as flattering as a good liquid.

If you are acne-prone, well, powder foundations are notorious for breaking you out and this is no exception.

I do think it's a great option to consider if you simply must have a powder foundation - I would try the testers of several brands before plunking down sixty bucks, though. Make sure the color match is good and you really like it.

If you accidentally buy the wrong color you'll never love it the way you should, but this is true of all foundations. I would not buy this color again but would be willing to buy it again in a more suitable color. However, I am curious to try Jane Iredale, which is similarly priced and has more shades to choose from.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

How I wanted to love this... My review is because I developed an allergy to this, and I had skin issues for months. I would like to warn you, that if you have sensitive skin, take caution and read the ingredients (IF you know what you are sensitive to. I don't know what ingredient it is though that clogs me up...) I have used Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation for 2 years and have no issues, its amazing. When I first used this powder foundation, it was to set and create a flawless look on top of my foundation. And wow, did it ever! I LOVED the look it created. After 3 weeks, my forehead developed little bumps and it was so disappointing. It was a long road after that to try and clear it up. In conclusion, if you don't have sensitive skin - try this on top of your foundation for a flawless look, it was so pretty while it lasted.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I see no pros of using the compact in my case.

Show dry patches, low/no coverage

Perhaps the shade doesn't suit me.

on 9/7/2013 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this every which way, over make up, over matte primer powder, just over my spf moisturizer, which is thick. It just didn't last. I could see it patched all over my forehead by noon in the heat at work . I don't have AC at my job, but for the price & great reviews, I thought I would look like a mattified porcelain doll all day, but I looked like a leper by noon.

I have been searching for a foundation that's light and comfortable to wear but I have tried tons of different kind and most of them just breaks me out or just wear off. This compact foundation from Giorgio armani is by far, the best I have tried. It's sheer and silky. I finally found a foundation that can even out my skin and feel like I can still breath

on 6/3/2013 11:46:00 AM

This is a lovely silky powder foundation that blends to a really nice smooth finish.It has good coverage for a powder foundation.It just has a lovely gliding transparent texture. Some powder foundations are no better than ordinary powders, but this is a lovely powder that lives up to it's foundation name. And it has spf 34!Good colour choice too, from fair to dark skin tones.In some ways I didn't want to like this as the price is ludicrous, but hey, it's Armani .I've been using their cream shaper foundation and loved it so decided to try this as I wanted a powder foundation for summer.This is the best powder foundation I've used.If you don't want to splash out this kind of money try the Max Factor facefinity powder foundation spf 15. It's also excellent, I've used it for years.But Armani to me is worth the splurge.

It is a good powder foundation. It is very smooth and silky and it is not cakey at all on your face no matter how dry your skin is. The coverage is fairly light so I only wear it when I don't feel like heavy makeup or use it as a retouch. The sponge supplied is not good at all so using a brush will give you a much better finish. The only downside is, the compact dries out very quick, I used it for about 5 months and with no dropping or anything the whold compact just fell into pieces. So at the end, I grounded all of the pieces and use it as a loose powder.