3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

I like and hate this product at the same time. It gives great moisture, doesn't weigh my fine, curly hair down, and fights frizz in a humid climate. It also works great as a leave in because it's so light. However, I dislike the smell (fake cucumber - ew - and it lingers), and the packaging isn't the greatest. The cap breaks off easily. I prefer the smell of the Yes to Carrots conditioner, but don't like the moisture of that one as much. I'm using up my bottle (almost done!) and won't be buying it again.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

EyesBrown

8 years ago

where to start.... Smell..blech Texture nice and creamy how did my hair feel...hmmm meh packing damn cap broke the first time i used it! cant really tell if there is a difference in how my hair feels as i used it only once but I will follow up. I initially bought this because i have color treated hair...To be continued... EDIT. Fast Fwd a year or so later and I love this condish. The smell is still blah, it smells like cucumber but that is nothing to write home about. It made my thirsty color treated "afro" hair feel like butter!

About reviewer (149 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

EyesOther

2.0

8 years ago

Love, love, LOVE! I have wavy/curly hair and started the CG method, or washing hair with conditioner. This is wonderful! It's a 3 in 1 for me--a co-wash (conditioner wash,) rinse-out conditioner, and leave-in conditioner. It's light enough not to leave me greasy but still leaves my hair super soft. Also, I got this because it's sulfate/paraben free and doesn't test on animals. The only thing is the cap. It's always falling off. The product inside the bottle, however, is great. EDIT- Actually, this left a ton of build-up and loosened my curls. I got the shampoo to go with it to clarify, but that left my hair totally stripped. I tried other Yes To conditioners/shampoos, and all of them did that. I don't like the brand anymore :/

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

9 years ago

My favorite leave in!! I used to use Yes To Carrots but didn't like it that much after because I'm protein sensitive. Only thing, I wonder why there is SODIUM HYDROXYDE (lye) in this product, hopefully it doesn't damage my hair overtime.

About reviewer (36 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

9 years ago

I used the Yes to Carrots shampoo/conditioner first, loved it, then tried this one. But I love this one so much more! The Yes to Carrots one is a very heavy moisture and this one doesn't weigh my hair down so much, but still gives me lots of moisture. I love the smell too :) Would buy again!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

1.0

9 years ago

I will never, ever, ever, ever, EVER buy another Yes To Cucumbers product EVER AGAIN. I hate this conditioner more than anything in the world. Listen; I bought this, wanting a new conditioner that was organic, and I LOVE the smell of cucumbers. The smell of this literally made me vomit. It smells SO disgusting I can't even keep it in my room because it makes the whole room smell like it. I paid ten dollars for this, and now I'm NEVER going to use it because I can't handle the smell. Even if I could put up with the smell, it makes my hair feel dry and brittle. I was much happier using the Joico K-Pak Reconstructing Shampoo and Conditioner, even though there are parabens in that. I will probably end up giving this to my mother or a friend because I simply cannot stand to smell it. I wish I'd been able to smell it in stores, because there is no way I'd have bought it. I am a teenager, and I don't get allowance, so this was expensive for me. I only get about $150 per year from birthdays and Christmas and I am so upset that I wasted money on this awful product. ):

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

9 years ago

Best natural conditioner I've found, but have to agree with previous reviewer. Hair may not look as shiny and smooth as before, but it's definitely stronger and happier. Can't be doing the "cones" either. I find if I use a titchy bit on my hands after rinsing and before combing, it makes a fabulous leave-in and helps sort out the rest. (Wouldn't do it on dry hair, though) Definitely my current every day fave. x

About reviewer (223 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Other

EyesGreen

9 years ago

I loved this product more when I started using it than I do now, but still love it and will continue using it. The fact that it does not contain cones is one of the reasons I bought it, but also the reason that after frequent usage you see the state your hair really is in. It did moisture my hair, but because of the lack of cones that built a nice, shiny tube around your hair, it started to look frizzy after a while. I bought it to use less invading products on my hair that I frequently dye a few shades lighter. The result is that though my hair is healthier (it feels stronger and more resilient), it doesn't look that way. The detangling quality is pretty good and it makes your hair feel soft as well. The scent is amazingly fresh, cucumbers indeed and obviously not cheaply chemical. The conditioner comes in a 500ml bottle with an extra cap. It's easy to use but I threw away the extra cap straight away. No need. I stopped daily usage, but still use it to CO-wash my hair once or twice a week, and as a conditioner on the days prior to my CO-washing day. On the other days I vary regular 'bad' unnatural products (Loreal Elvive and Loreal Expert shine blond, John Frieda). This combination of normal products and CO-washing with cone-free, natural conditioner has restored the health, shine and resilience of my colour-treated hair. I'm very happy with it, will definitely buy it again (very cheap, 15euros for 500ml! that's cheaper than or equal to most drugstore brands), but don't recommend it on daily basis unless you're a die-hard CO washer.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

9 years ago

I really do not like this hair care line. I didn't use this conditioner, however, I used the Yes To Tomatoes Conditioner (I couldn't find this particular conditioner on the site to review, so I came here). First of all, I love that all of the ingredients are natural..that is why I give it 2 stars. But other than that, I don't like this conditioner AT ALL. Because the product is natural, it has a short shelf life. I bought this conditioner in November and it expired in January. Because I only use conditioner every other day, I still had about 3/4 of the bottle filled when it expired. WHAT A WASTE! I also saw no visible difference in my hair's quality when using this. It's also extremely expensive, especially taking into consideration that its shelf life is so incredibly short. Would I recommend and buy again? Absolutely not. I wasted so much money the last time I bought this that I can not even fathom wasting it again. It may have been different if it didn't expire in such a short amount of time, but even then, my hair was no better or worse when using it.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

from

9 years ago

I use the combo of shampoo and conditioner of the Cucumber line. I have to say, my hair is in a very bad condition, because of a harmful dying process and these products could not cure my over processed hair. This conditioner made my hair feel light and didn't irritate my scalp, but it didn't moisturize at all. One of my colleagues said why is your hair look so fluffy, that said enough. The detangling capacities are not spectacular, but okay. Another con is that it has chemical fragrance in it which is bad for the body and my nose didn't like it either. I have used the Carrots version before (about a year ago) and in my opinion that did a better job, but it was in the time that it had silicones in it, so maybe that was the reason. Maybe I will try the leave-in conditioner that is maybe more suitable for my hair condition at the moment.

About reviewer (204 reviews)

Age44-55