DCL High Potency C Scape Serum 25

No Image

3.8

Water, Methylsilanol Ascorbate (and) Butylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 40, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparaben

on 2/27/2018 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This review is for C Scape Night booster 30. I bought it help diminish patches of melasma on my face

I don' have sensitive skin but found using it every night too harsh. I use 1-2 pumps and the bottle has lasted 3.5 months. It has a slight gritty feel when you rub into the skin & it does tingle a little too. In the morning there is some residual balling of the product.

I've not noticed any reduction in the melasma, perhaps its a little lighter but overall my skin does look brighter. Full price is £108 - but I have bought with £15 off at Space NK. To be honest, if it worked in fading the melasma I wouldn't care about the price, but for a general brightening serum I am sure there are more competitively priced serums available. I have said I would buy it again as I would like to try the product for 6 months as melasma is such a tricky condition to manage and there is no miracle cure

DCL customer care is non existent - 2 weeks to reply to first email and then no reply to second. I found out what I needed about application etc from online forums

on 2/23/2012 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG, "can't live without" serum. I have been using it faithfully for about 10 years. I am now 36, and can still pass for 24 (yes; I've fooled them!). I'm not saying it's due to this serum, but this stuff certainly helps. It was originally recommended by my derm (who has since retired), but I am able to find it for so much cheaper elsewhere. I use it religiously every morning, followed by a broad-spectrum sunscreen - every single day. I am a beauty product junkie, and this is the ONLY product that I have continued repurchase again and again over the years, and I can't see myself ever stopping. The consistency is very liquid so it absorbs easily into your skin, and it does smell like oranges (though that doesn't bother me at all). In very dry weather, I layer a very light moisturizer before the sunscreen, but most of the time all I use is this serum and a light sunscreen and I'm set for the day. I highly recommend this stuff, and pray that they never ever stop making it!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this serum for about a year and a half and I really like it. I don't have a lot of experience with serums, in fact, it is the only one i have ever purchased. The other ones I've used have been during facials I think. I don't have much to compare it with but nevertheless I'm really happy with how glowy this makes my skin. Since I've started using it along with Elta MD clear sunscreen I've had the best skin of my life and normally my skin is not good. I've repurchased a couple times already.

I have used this product for roughly 16 years. YES you heard me right. I am about to turn 44 , when I was around 27 my skin went from fair and basically flawless to flushing, pustules and swelling. A dermatologist recommended this product to me for my newly diagnosed rosacea. I'm not sure why or how but this product healed my skin. I had a friend with the same skin condition who claimed it did not help her rosacea. Perhaps you need to have sticktooitevness when it comes to this serum. Not only is my rosacea undetectable except for extremely hot or cold weather flares, vitamin C is known for its ability to promote collagen growth in skin. I have very few wrinkles, minimal sagging and clear skin. I believe I owe it to more than a decades worth of faithful use of this serum. Don't buy from a dermatologist they will charge you an unfair price for this product. Do your research and you will find this for a moderate yet I believe fair price for such a great product.
I know how hard skin conditions can be, especially those of the face, if this review helps only a few....I would be so pleased.

on 7/20/2010 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I use Vitamin C serums as part of my antioxidant/brightening routine, and I read rave reviews about this serum. I have tried loads of other Vitamin C serums and have noticed that the consistency of the product can either be like a toner (Skinceuticals) or a runny gel (Ole Henriksen Truth Serum.) This has the runny gel consistency, so I wasn't too thrilled w/that aspect. However, it's absorbed by the skin pretty easily, so you don't have to wait to put on your moisturizer or sunscreen that long. It also has a slight citrus smell, which is not off-putting in itself, but my Vitamin C products don't have to "smell" like Vitamin C. As far as brightening affects, I didn't really notice any improvement after 2-3 of using this, so I've switched back to my Skinceuticals phloretin cf serum.