MAC Cosmetics Abstract

Filtered by skin type : Normal
MAC Cosmetics Abstract

on 6/17/2009 2:33:00 PM

I was hesitant on this one, but really love it now that it's on! The colour is a neutral pink, but quite frosted. It tends toward a golden-pink on my nails, and it looks like I have colour on my mani/pedi without looking garish or overdone. The polish is very thick, which necessitated dipping for each nail, almost, and re-shaking the bottle. Since it's so thick, I opted for two very thin layers with one thicker final coat, and got great payoff. Another review mentioned that this is streaky; to an extent, it is, but it comes down to how it's applied and the fact that it's heavy on the frostiness! I'd also like to try this with a softer brush, which I think would make a difference. In terms of durability, it's holding up well two days in without a topcoat; topcoat would likely smooth this out further, too. Qualms with the formula aside, it's the colour I love; this is an HG pink for me, a great basic/neutral.

on 3/5/2007 5:52:00 PM

MAC Abstract is a light pinky pearly nailpolish that I bought a little over a year ago. Since then I've tried to swap this and sell this on ebay (twice) with no takers. Finally I decided to give this nailpolish a try and now wondering why I was so averse to it. First off, the bottle color looks very mauvey pink and very frosty. The color and frost factor are toned down a few notches when applied. It looks more like a soft girly pearly pink, lighter and a tad more neutral than OPI's APN. It's a nice color for spring, will also be nice for those who shy away from dramatic color on their nails. Oddly, this is one of the few colors that I got an unsolicited compliment from my BF so yeah I guess I'll keep this one LOL :p

Application was smooth and opaque after 2 coats. The wear leaves a lot to be desired, I got "push back" on the tips within a few hours and chips by the 2nd day with my Stickey Base Coat and OPI Top Coat. For reference my skintone is Stila 30 watts, Chanel Beige, MAC Min Satinfinish NC30/35, and GA LSF 5.5

Popular Polishes