MAC Cosmetics Abstract

MAC Cosmetics Abstract

4.3

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is such a pretty pink-ish color! No streaks or anything like that. I just got it and have been getting compliments :) i love this color! I am ppp if that matters.

My favorite MAC nail color (and I have many). When I lost my first bottle last year, I had to replace it immediately. A pinky-beige that is subtle enough to look classy on my fingernails without feeling boring.

on 3/15/2004 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Abstract is a beautiful lilac/mauve that has a bubtle sheen. I know so many people who consider it their HG! It looks so natural. One of my favorites! Also, like most MAC nailpolishes, this lasts long and doesn't chip.

on 1/3/2004 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Mac polishes are the best!! I don't get the horrible chipping with them that I do with Chanel. This is a frosty, shiney mauvey nude pink color, similar to Chanel tulle except the Chanel is flatter and has silver sparkle particles. This is so totally pretty! Kinda like a soft creamy look the color of when soft vanilla and soft chocolate ice creams melt together. YUM! Also reminds me of the color of Chanel Black Tied glossimer.

This is my first MAC nail polish. I received it in a swap. This is a great nail color! Beautiful matte light purple. This polish lasted for days without no chips. I was very impressed and will be buying more MAC nail colors.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I guess this is pink but its very beige to me soft and frosty. nice neutral color. not sure if i will keep it might swap it

on 6/17/2009 2:33:00 PM

I was hesitant on this one, but really love it now that it's on! The colour is a neutral pink, but quite frosted. It tends toward a golden-pink on my nails, and it looks like I have colour on my mani/pedi without looking garish or overdone. The polish is very thick, which necessitated dipping for each nail, almost, and re-shaking the bottle. Since it's so thick, I opted for two very thin layers with one thicker final coat, and got great payoff. Another review mentioned that this is streaky; to an extent, it is, but it comes down to how it's applied and the fact that it's heavy on the frostiness! I'd also like to try this with a softer brush, which I think would make a difference. In terms of durability, it's holding up well two days in without a topcoat; topcoat would likely smooth this out further, too. Qualms with the formula aside, it's the colour I love; this is an HG pink for me, a great basic/neutral.

on 12/9/2008 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Abstract is pretty and understated light pinkish mauve that instantly makes my hands look polished (no pun intended). The finish is described as a frost but it is more of a subtle sheen rather than the tacky chunky shimmer from the 1980s. Even with a base and top coat, this polish lasts 2-3 days before chipping occurs but as a frequent hand washer not even OPI or Essie polishes last on me. The color is not terribly unique and the quality is average but I have never come across a nail polish I love as much.

on 3/5/2007 5:52:00 PM

MAC Abstract is a light pinky pearly nailpolish that I bought a little over a year ago. Since then I've tried to swap this and sell this on ebay (twice) with no takers. Finally I decided to give this nailpolish a try and now wondering why I was so averse to it. First off, the bottle color looks very mauvey pink and very frosty. The color and frost factor are toned down a few notches when applied. It looks more like a soft girly pearly pink, lighter and a tad more neutral than OPI's APN. It's a nice color for spring, will also be nice for those who shy away from dramatic color on their nails. Oddly, this is one of the few colors that I got an unsolicited compliment from my BF so yeah I guess I'll keep this one LOL :p

Application was smooth and opaque after 2 coats. The wear leaves a lot to be desired, I got "push back" on the tips within a few hours and chips by the 2nd day with my Stickey Base Coat and OPI Top Coat. For reference my skintone is Stila 30 watts, Chanel Beige, MAC Min Satinfinish NC30/35, and GA LSF 5.5

on 5/19/2006 7:21:00 PM

I probably won't buy this again. I found it to be a very streaky nail polish so I'm not that pleased at the moment. Don't get me wrong, it is a very beautiful light pink. I got it with the Classic Coordinate Coral set (came with coral co-ordinate lipstick). I don't think it's very "Coral" and it didn't match the lipstick on me. The color is very soft, good for summer. Maybe I'll grow to love it. At this point, it's too soon to tell.

Update: After wearing this nailpolish quite a bit I have to change my mind and say that if I run out i probably will buy another. There's nothing too special about it, but it does tend to look more "polished" and seems to stay on better than my OPI oddly enough.

Updated again: You know, I'm falling in love with this color. It's really grown on me. Had to add another lippy.

Popular Polishes