MAC Abstract

MAC Abstract

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I guess this is pink but its very beige to me soft and frosty. nice neutral color. not sure if i will keep it might swap it

on 12/9/2008 2:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Abstract is pretty and understated light pinkish mauve that instantly makes my hands look polished (no pun intended). The finish is described as a frost but it is more of a subtle sheen rather than the tacky chunky shimmer from the 1980ís. Even with a base and top coat, this polish lasts 2-3 days before chipping occurs but as a frequent hand washer not even OPI or Essie polishes last on me. The color is not terribly unique and the quality is average but I have never come across a nail polish I love as much.

on 3/5/2007 5:52:00 PM

MAC Abstract is a light pinky pearly nailpolish that I bought a little over a year ago. Since then I've tried to swap this and sell this on ebay (twice) with no takers. Finally I decided to give this nailpolish a try and now wondering why I was so averse to it. First off, the bottle color looks very mauvey pink and very frosty. The color and frost factor are toned down a few notches when applied. It looks more like a soft girly pearly pink, lighter and a tad more neutral than OPI's APN. It's a nice color for spring, will also be nice for those who shy away from dramatic color on their nails. Oddly, this is one of the few colors that I got an unsolicited compliment from my BF so yeah I guess I'll keep this one LOL :p

Application was smooth and opaque after 2 coats. The wear leaves a lot to be desired, I got "push back" on the tips within a few hours and chips by the 2nd day with my Stickey Base Coat and OPI Top Coat. For reference my skintone is Stila 30 watts, Chanel Beige, MAC Min Satinfinish NC30/35, and GA LSF 5.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this nail polish! The color is so versatile! I have received a complement on it almost every day since I've been wearing it! Definitely a hit!!!

Popular Polishes