Lipstick Queen Jean Queen

3.9

Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Octyldodecanol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire Microcristalline, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax (Candelilla Cera/Cire De Candelilla), Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

This is the only pink lipstick I've ever owned that didn't make me look like either a doofus or Molly Ringwald in an '80s teen movie. I have warm auburn hair but cool-toned, pale, freckled skin and pale lips, and Jean Queen is extremely flattering. Just the right amount of color, it doesn't clash with my hair in a weird way, it flatters my skin tone and doesn't make me look washed out. It's a little more than "my lips but better" on me, but still looks natural enough that I don't feel weird wearing it without a full face of makeup. Some days it's the only makeup I put on! It feels silky and moisturizing, with no strong scent or taste. I like the sleek blue tube, too. The only downside is that it needs fairly frequent reapplication, but I'm willing to forgive that because it's otherwise perfect. It costs a little more than I would normally spend on a lipstick, but I wear it all the time and I think I get my money's worth out of it. I will buy this shade as long as they make it! Love, love, love!

Jean Queen is apparently the perfect colour to wear with denim...or so Lipstick Queen says in the product description on the website. Well, I don't know about that, but it is a sheer cool pink in a sleek blue tube. I feel like it brightens up my face when I wear it with minimal makeup. It doesn't last very long on though, and the formula is strangely drying for such a balm-like lipstick. I think all of Lipstick Queen's products are over-priced for what they truly are, which, like all lipsticks, are a mixture of wax, oils, and pigment. The brand is hard to find, and the indie-cool factor is strong with this brand. Sadly, nothing revolutionary though. I'm sure there are dupes out there if you like the colour.

To Read all 33 Reviews, Login or Join

I really like this lippie it's just such a pretty shade. It's like a light rose colour. Whenever I wear it I get compliments even though it's such a sheer colour. The formula itself is so nice it goes on so smooth, no patchiness, and is very hydrating. It's like a lipstick balm. The shade on me looks very natural and brightens my overall complexion. My colouring NW20 or below, light blonde hair, green eyes, with a very cool undertones. This goes on so nice and I personally don't mind reapplying it as it just feels so good on my lips. The blue bullet I love and the quality is just great in my opinion. I will be buying more from Lipstick Queen they are just such good quality. Great lippie. Recommended.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

On me the color was dull and just didn't do anything for me. It wasn't drying by any means, but it also wasn't particularly moisturizing. So the level of moisture was just kind of average. I put on my jean jacket, hoping maybe it would magically bring the color out, and it didn't. In fact I noticed a slight blue sheen to the lipstick, so if anything it made my lips look a bit blueish and I just felt a little like a corpse. Don't get me wrong, it was a subtle blue tint, nothing painfully obvious, but it just didn't jive with my skin tone.Felt it was a very blah lipstick over all. The best thing was the pretty blue tube, but even then I find the tubes from this brand to be a bit silly/goofy/clumsy looking. I prefer a sleek and slim look.

Youthful! No, this l/s does not make a statement but what it does is make you look younger no matter what age you are. It's 'fresh'! You do have to reapply it a lot but I've always liked that in a l/s. My lips are pigmented from sun damage so this comes up as a true pink/rose on me. I'd buy it again.

Absolutely love this lipstick! It is a lovely sheer soft pink that whilst sold as co-ordinating perfectly with denim also goes perfectly with all colours. It is a gorgeous shade of rosy pink that really lights up the face and would suit a lot of skin tones. A lot of sheer pinks fade quickly on me and my own lip colour shows through however whilst sheer this gives a nice pop of colour and coverage. It isn't particularly long lasting however a quick slick is all that is needed to touch it up again. It is very moisturising and extremely wearable. As always with Lipstick Queen both the quality and packaging is excellent.

I picked this up as part of a trio because I'd read descriptions of it as a perfect sort of pink. It definitely is that. The formula is luxurious and silky smooth, and it feels fantastic on the lips. You get a sheer wash of a warm pink color (maybe it's better to call it a pink with a hint of peach to it) that's very pretty and super wearable. Staying power is decent. It's not that long lasting or anything -- and I believe this is something like 10 percent pigment, so it wouldn't be. But the packaging is beautiful, the formula is great, and this is something that feels amazing on the lips.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

It was the beautiful cobalt blue of the lipstick tube which first caught my eye, rather than the lipstick itself. I am drawn to beautiful shades of blue like a moth to a flame, whether it is clothing, jewelry, scarves, handbags, and now apparently lipstick tubes. This tube would have matched my wedding dress!

Outward appearances aside, the shade of lipstick itself is a surprising gem to me. I'm not typically fond of pink-toned lipsticks, although as I've grown older, I realize that pink lipsticks perk up my complexion in a subtle way. I've always gravitated toward warmer lipstick shades, and this one appears to be just slightly into the cooler tones. My lips are quite pigmented despite my ghostly pallor otherwise (NC15ish), and Jean Queen just shimmers with a subtle healthy pink glow, no gawdy glitter or any nonsense like that.

I love the texture of Jean Queen, which is very similar to that of Medieval. I don't mind that I have to reapply every couple of hours or so, since my lips feel comfortable.

As for this lipstick coordinating nicely with a pair of jeans? That's foolishness and gimmicky, but I still adore the tube itself. Personally, I think jeans look nice even with a bold red lipstick like a Hollywood starlet from the 1940's would've worn.

I probably would repurchase, because I've kept it constantly in my handbag since the day I bought it! I just love seeing that lovely blue tube catching the light.
:-)

Lipstick Queen's Jean Queen is a very sheer hot pink on my lips. It felt slick on my lips and I while thought it would be moisturizing it wasn't. Also, for the price, it's nothing special and it just doesn't last. While it's a cool marketing idea, there are many lipsticks you could wear when wearing denim.

,,`,,,,`,-Iamsherazade- ,,`,,,,`, continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Jean Queen is as unassuming and casual as it was designed to be. A mid, cool-ish pink (Ive debated with myself as to whether its neutral or cool, I think it straddles the two) with a sheer glossy finish and some very fine, hidden shimmer to augment the gloss, it works well as part of a toned-down look. It comes into its own when you want something on your lips that meshes with what youre wearing on your face and otherwise, or if you dont want to give your makeup much thought. That, for me, is most days. This is a lazy route to looking put together.

I have pigmented lips so although I dont get much in terms of colour from Jean Queen, it still adds vividness, polish and uniformity of tone. It harmonises well with my NW15 skin tone and has a brightening effect on my eyes and skin. More pigment could feature, though, without losing the studied nonchalance of the product or even the sheerness.

The staying power is as you might expect from a sheer, glossy lipstick of this type, around two hours if not eating, drinking, etc. Most lip products are drying on me; this is fairly neutral in that regard. It doesnt remove moisture from my lips but doesnt actively hydrate them either, which it doesnt claim to do.

Its packaging appeals to me, not luxe but functional and pretty, a blue metal tube with a lighter blue logo, echoing the lipstick-and-denim concept behind this product. Its robust, lasting well tossed in a large handbag that contains miscellaneous rubbish including sharp keys. Youd expect a scratched tube but not so far in more than a year of usage probably once a week.

This joins Lipstick Queen Medieval as a welcome addition to my wardrobe of sheer lipsticks, of which I am very fond. Theres nothing particularly distinctive about it, but sometimes thats exactly what you need.