The Body Shop Raspberry Body Scrub

The Body Shop Raspberry Body Scrub

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/27/2017 5:08:00 PM

This body scrub smells sooooo good!! I love it. It smells and looks just like raspberry jam! I find it to be kind of rough on the skin, which is just what I like. It leaves me feeling very clean. I always use it before shaving.

The only downside of this product is the container. It would be much better if it was in a tube where you could squeeze it out, instead of scooping it onto your hand. I find that a lot of water gets into it.

I wish the body shop kept their raspberry line all year!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It has an amazing scent! It's not too aggressive on the skin but you can definitely feel that your skin is smoother. I wish the scent lasted longer on the skin.

on 6/5/2015 2:58:00 PM

Smells amazing. Use it on dry skin before showering or else it would just dissolve instantly. Runs out fast because you need to use lots of it to get a real effect.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a novel body scrub -- it mostly entails putting a jam-like substance on your body as an exfoliant. I enjoy the smell of it -- it's not quite as tart and refreshing as the Raspberry Body Butter, but not bad. It is a bit messy and the container is hard to close. But if you're looking for something slightly different and fun to add to your shower routine, then this body scrub delivers that.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought this and the raspberry body butter on a whim, and I'm so so sooo glad I did! I just wish I stocked up since it's a summer scent, but I hope it comes back around so this time I'll buy like 20 of each!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This scrub smells amazing- like a berry cobbler pie right out of the oven. It does make my skin feel silky and soft, but is very slimy and messy. I probably would not repurchase this one since there are so many other scrubs by this brand that I like better. The granulates are very course, and scratchy against my skin.

on 1/8/2012 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The scent itself is unmistakably a raspberry one, it is a big punch of berry. I would not describe it as overly fresh more of a jammy, boozy raspberry scent. I do not find this scent a real 'wake-up' scent, more for a luxurious treat. I would personally prefer a slightly fresher smell, as I don't feel particularly cleansed after using the product. The scent lasted on my skin after showering for only an hour or two afterwards, a little disappointing, but can be layered with other product from the raspberry range.

Consistency and Scrubbing Abilities
The scrub itself does actually look and have the consistency of raspberry jam. The product is thin, particularly when I compare it to the Coconut version of the product, so I find myself scooping some product into the lid before I scrub my limbs and body. My findings on this have been that I use about twice as much per shower with this scrub compared to the coconut.
Time to exfoliate! The little scrubbers themselves consist of ground walnut shell and raspberry seeds. I find that per scoop I don't get as much exfoliating particles as I would normally like, so end up with a more gentle exfoliation, or a mere buffing of the skin as opposed to a good scrub. For this reason I would recommend to those with more delicate skin, and an avoid warning for the fake tanners amongst you. The product does wash off easily merely because it is so thin, but on the downside, I do find pieces of walnut shell all over the place throughout the day. I'm not sure how they get there as I feel like I have thoroughly washed the product off.

Another point about this product, is that the product is such an intense berry colour I would be careful of staining, particularly if you use white towels and the such like. I haven't tested it, but I wouldn't be suprised if this product turned it into a fetching pink shade.
The Body Shop claim this product is designed for normal skin, and contains moisturising raspberry extract. I personally didn't find my skin didn't feel any more moisturised compared to other scrubs on the high street, particularly compared to the creamy texture of The Body Shop's own coconut scrub. I have relatively dry skin anyway so have to moisturise after a shower, but didn't find I needed less moisturiser after using this product.

i love the raspberry smelling range and this scrub does the job its amazing

on 11/22/2010 8:59:00 AM

I loved this scrub and have already finished the whole tub. It is very effective! Very scrubby. My skin is super smooth after using this. It also smells absolutely divine - like raspberry jam. It can get quite messy in the shower with the raspberry seeds and pink tint so you will have to clean your shower base or bath tub afterwards but it is worth it!!

Loved it! Bought it for half price by the way!

on 8/17/2010 1:42:00 PM

I love love love, The Body Shops Body Scrub, and this time i decided it would be wise to try a different scent (i'm a huge fan of the Shea Butter). The body scrub comes in a twist of container which i don't particularly like but hey it's not the end of life, right? The scrub is perfect though! Exfoliates so well, making my legs and arms feel like baby skin.
I do have to mention thought my one problem with this specific body scrub is the raspberry seeds. They were all over my tub resulting in me washing out the tub instead of drying myself. :( I want to clean my skin of dirt and dead skin not the tub or raspberry seeds when i'm done...
So i unfortunatly would not buy this again but wouldn't be opposed to a different scent..

Edited (9.6.10) : I got a small and when i say small i mean the size of a pinky nail on my carpet outside the tub. Now i have a permanent pink stain. grrrrr. :(

Edited: 8.29.2010: i accidentally spilled a pinky nail size of this on a carpet. R.I.P. a now pink nor beige carpet.