Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb EDT

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

4.3

on 12/16/2014 12:24:00 AM

I usually wear three perfumes only depending on the time of year: Annick Goutal`s Le Chevrefeuille in spring, L`Occitane`s Pevonia in summer and Issey Miyake`s Le Feu d`Issey Light (EDT) for winter, the latter having been discontinued unfortunately. I managed to stock up on a few extra bottles of Issey`s, but have been on a quest for a new winter fragrance after my stock ran out. I sampled the Flower Bomb EDT at a counter in Bangkok and decided this would make a nice replacement. The fragrance changes ever so subtly as the day wears on, but in a pleasant, mellow way, and lasts all day. The floral bouquet is just right, with a hint of jasmine and vanilla, not chemical or artificial in any way. Surprisingly this wears well in summer, too, just has a different kind of note, without the crispness that the cold weather brings out in it.

on 4/1/2013 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

One of my favorite scents, ever. Not overwhelming yet it lasts! So very nice!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this perfume! Its quite expensive but you only need a really small amount so its worth it and last a very long time. The packaging is really lovely as is the bottle. It is quite a strong scent initially but settles down and is delicious! Perfect for anything..

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Don't let the name fool you - FLOWERBOMB isn't an explosion of floral notes. In fact I can only seperate one floral note in the EDT version.

The main thing I love about the EDT is the long top note of green tea; It's so fresh and zingy. It adds a sense of energy and refreshment when applied to skin.

Sadly everything goes downhill from there. Being an EDT the notes of the already soft florals are watered down, so the jasmine envelopes them, so I can't seperate anything else other then the sweetness of the heavier jasmine. Oh; the jasmine does mingle with the lingering tea note, prolonging it further still.

The base is rather flat and boring. Just a commonly used musky sandelwood blend, sweetened up by the remaining jasmine notes. Considering the price and high number of awards I was expecting something a bit more 'wow'.

Scent notes:

Bergamot, green tea, jasmine, rose, freesia, orchid, sandalwood, musk and patchouli.

The heavy, faceted glass is shaped as a hand grenade. The glass is clear, showing the pale pink juice inside.

It's a EDT, so don't expect to get a lot of wear per spritz, despite the cost. It's goes close to the skin quickly and wears of within 4 hours.

As it's lighter and fresher than the EDP you can wear it all year round. The original can cause headaches in warmer weather, but I've not had any problems with this.

Although I adore the more developed tea note in this and like that it's easier to wear, I'll go back to the EDP after I've finished my bottle.

Initially I thought I was being clever by saving a bit of money going for the EDT rather then the EDP, but it's still expensive and is noticably flatter. Nice, but for the price I wanted it to be just as complex as the EDP.

Conclusion: It's worth paying more for the more complex EDP variant.

Popular Fragrances