Essence Eyeliner Pen

Essence Eyeliner Pen

3.1

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

For me, this eyeliner was a good example of "you get what you pay for." At first, it worked pretty well. However, by the second use, it had just about dried out completely and it could not make a smooth line. I tried storing it upside down for a while and this revived it a little, but it dried out in the middle of doing my eyeliner! Since this was the first eyeliner I ever bought, I guess I could say it's good for if you want to practise before spending money on a more expensive eyeliner. But overall, despite it being so cheap, it really isn't worth it if you can only get such limited use out of it. If it wasn't for that, I think it would be a decent eyeliner. The felt tip makes it easy to be precise and it can build up to a pretty opaque black. I gave it one point for that and another for being so inexpensive... but I can't say I will be repurchasing this product again.

on 10/14/2016 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The felt tip is huge and I kept poking my eye.
Plus it bleeds. :( Panda eyes every time I use this.

on 6/22/2016 1:41:00 PM

This was my first eyeliner and I loved it because it was so easy to use. But after I ran out of it and bought more, I thought that I probably got very lucky with the first batch, because what I had afterwards were eyeliner pens that would last at most one month, the colour would fade to grey after a couple of weeks and would stay on my eyes for only a few hours.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

worst eyeliner ever. it was completely tried out after half an eye. will never repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best eyeliner ever! I usually use gel but I wanted something for quick on the go application, wasn't expecting much for the price but I am in love, it is very pigmented and have had it for a month and it hasn't dried up yet. Doesn't smudge or flake at all, needless to say I haven't used my gel liners after this and I kinda feel bad because I had spent a ton of money on high end brushes, but seriously this is amazing especially for the price!

on 5/10/2016 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this eyeliner at least three times without remembering why I skipped buying it for a full year in between. It's..ok, I mean, you get what you paid for, and it is really cheap. But I like my eyeliner to last some months at least, while this one dries after a month - doesn't matter if I put it upside down everyday. It does have a waterproof action, but only on the lid - the wings fade in a couple of hours. Plus, the tip is so harsh it basically poked my eye and it was damn painful!
Better spend those pennies on something better.

on 3/24/2016 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am using the waterproof eyeliner pen and I cannot say enough good things about it. it is very black, which I am a fan of, and it dries to a matte finish. in addition, I have found that you have a lot of control with this pen so it makes application very simple, even if you are attempting a wing. as for removing the product at the end of the day, I use coconut oil so it comes off quite easily. however, I have tried removing it with regular soap and water which just lead to smudging. other than that, this is an absolute win and I'd definitely pick it up.

on 3/17/2016 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The best cheap eye liner money can buy! I wear eye liner every single day, I have used many expensive brands and this works just as well. It is so inexpensive and last all day, its smudge proof and doesn't flake off. Eye liner brush tips tend to wear out after a month or two. I replace mine every month so this one is perfect!

on 1/8/2016 11:21:00 AM

This is a garbage eyeliner. I picked it up because I remember seeing good reviews on Essence liners (turns out it's the gel one...) and I wouldn't mind a cheapie backup since liquid liner is something I plow through like water.

The felt tip is scratchy and nonpliable, making it hard to get an exact line. The formula is not opaque - you have to apply, wait, and reapply at least 3x to get a black (more like gray) line. The few times I tried to make it work I ended up resorting to using it as base for pencil liner - this actually worked out great since it added something for them to stick to without being too opaque itself, so the pencil liner had a lil' bit of extra spotlight. (This worked great with a Jordana black glitter liner). It does have decent lasting power on my oily lids.

on 12/30/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have this in black. It's not opaque, which is super annoying because you have to wait till it dries and then reapply because or else it just looks like you're wearing yesterday's liner. The price is obviously great, after all, it's essence, but unless you're super patient and have the time to coat, wait, coat, wait, then I'd suggest adding a few bucks and buying a better one from the drugstore (eg. Milani, Physicians Formula, Maybelline, L'Oréal all make great liquid eyeliners under $10). But if you're new to makeup or to liquid eyeliners or just want to practice, then this is definitely a good one to get and the fact that's it's not super dark will work to your advantage because that makes it easier to remove. I personally haven't had any problems with the packaging so far, but keep in mind that I just leave it in my makeup bag at home and don't travel or anything with it. I have two slightly different eye shapes, one being a monolid, so it feels like years before I can open my eye again but if you don't have a mono, then the drying time shouldn't be a problem.

Basically,
Pros:
- Cheap
- Good for practice
- Dries pretty quickly
Cons:
- Not opaque

Tip: If it starts to dry, pull the tip out (just trust me), flip it, and put the dried side in!