Essence Eyeliner Pen

Essence Eyeliner Pen

3.0

I would give this zero if I could. I am a massive fan of Essence products, but this is the 3rd pen product I have tried in this brand and every single one of them has been dry on first use or has dried out within a couple of uses. They are absolutely useless!!!!! If you want a decent pen style liquid eyeliner at a cheap price, try Maybelline Master Precise. That is the one I will be using from now on. I don't know how Essence are allowed to sell these. If one failed, I could understand it, but to have 3 different types of pen liners dry up within 1 or 2 uses, then there is a big problem!!!!

on 4/27/2017 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I randomly bought this just to see what it's like, and so far I love it. It applies well and is super black which I like. And it doesn't come off after curling my eyelashes! Even KVD came off when I curled my lahses! It's pretty long-lasting. I've noticed a bit of bleeding but that's after 9+ hours usually. I've seen some reviews about it drying out after a month. I'll update if that happens. I love it, especially for the price so in the mean time, I would repurchase.
Update- repurchased this, and the new one is no way near in quality as the first pen I got. It streaks, it's watery, not as black. I don't think I'll risk repurchasing again.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

For me, this eyeliner was a good example of "you get what you pay for." At first, it worked pretty well. However, by the second use, it had just about dried out completely and it could not make a smooth line. I tried storing it upside down for a while and this revived it a little, but it dried out in the middle of doing my eyeliner! Since this was the first eyeliner I ever bought, I guess I could say it's good for if you want to practise before spending money on a more expensive eyeliner. But overall, despite it being so cheap, it really isn't worth it if you can only get such limited use out of it. If it wasn't for that, I think it would be a decent eyeliner. The felt tip makes it easy to be precise and it can build up to a pretty opaque black. I gave it one point for that and another for being so inexpensive... but I can't say I will be repurchasing this product again.

on 10/14/2016 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The felt tip is huge and I kept poking my eye.
Plus it bleeds. :( Panda eyes every time I use this.

on 6/22/2016 1:41:00 PM

This was my first eyeliner and I loved it because it was so easy to use. But after I ran out of it and bought more, I thought that I probably got very lucky with the first batch, because what I had afterwards were eyeliner pens that would last at most one month, the colour would fade to grey after a couple of weeks and would stay on my eyes for only a few hours.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

worst eyeliner ever. it was completely tried out after half an eye. will never repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best eyeliner ever! I usually use gel but I wanted something for quick on the go application, wasn't expecting much for the price but I am in love, it is very pigmented and have had it for a month and it hasn't dried up yet. Doesn't smudge or flake at all, needless to say I haven't used my gel liners after this and I kinda feel bad because I had spent a ton of money on high end brushes, but seriously this is amazing especially for the price!

on 5/10/2016 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this eyeliner at least three times without remembering why I skipped buying it for a full year in between. It's..ok, I mean, you get what you paid for, and it is really cheap. But I like my eyeliner to last some months at least, while this one dries after a month - doesn't matter if I put it upside down everyday. It does have a waterproof action, but only on the lid - the wings fade in a couple of hours. Plus, the tip is so harsh it basically poked my eye and it was damn painful!
Better spend those pennies on something better.

on 3/24/2016 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am using the waterproof eyeliner pen and I cannot say enough good things about it. it is very black, which I am a fan of, and it dries to a matte finish. in addition, I have found that you have a lot of control with this pen so it makes application very simple, even if you are attempting a wing. as for removing the product at the end of the day, I use coconut oil so it comes off quite easily. however, I have tried removing it with regular soap and water which just lead to smudging. other than that, this is an absolute win and I'd definitely pick it up.

on 3/17/2016 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

The best cheap eye liner money can buy! I wear eye liner every single day, I have used many expensive brands and this works just as well. It is so inexpensive and last all day, its smudge proof and doesn't flake off. Eye liner brush tips tend to wear out after a month or two. I replace mine every month so this one is perfect!