Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Kook-A-Mango

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Kook-A-Mango
Complete Salon Manicure Kook-A-MangoComplete Salon Manicure Kook-A-Mango

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Absolutely love everything about this polish! Color, coverage, dry time, can get 5 days out of it! That's great for me! Will continue to use this color!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Shade wise, Kook-A-Mango is a middle of the road coral creme. It's well balanced between pink and orange, and even looks red in some lighting; it's bright, but not neon.

I bought it in Spring 2014 and gave myself one manicure with it, although the truth it is that I'd sworn it off long before I finished my right hand. The formula was thick and stringy, and I thinned it multiple times in the process. It's a nice, if unremarkable, color on pale, warm to neutral me; I didn't like it enough to keep it or deal with application again, so I gave it to my grandmother afterwards.

After seeing her wear it dozens of times without any complaints, I decided to borrow Kook-A-Mango back briefly and give it another shot for a Nail Board theme week. This time, I thinned it pre-emptively and tried to work quickly. Holy cats, what a terrible formula. It just doesn't flow over the nail, even thinned down so much that it's almost sheer. It was a struggle to get coverage on the gutters, tips, and cuticle rounds of my nails. I actually ended up taking it off and starting over with even more thinner, and that's two more chances than it deserved.

I love the Complete Salon Manicure line and Sally Hansen in general, but Kook-A-Mango just isn't for me.

Love this polish. Layered it over a red to get more vibrant color. A go to color for sure.

on 7/3/2014 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my 'go to' toes colour for Summer 2014!
Price: reasonable and cheaper than the OPI/Essie big girls.
Bottle: Seems good. I'm not a nail expert, so the brush works for me. I'm pretty easy going on nail polish.
Application: two coats for me. First is a little streaky/see through. Second coat locks it down into an opaque, creamy, fiery beauty of a colour.
Wear: I've only done this on toes. With Essie Good to Go Topcoat I get two weeks. With daily yoga.
Colour: So Awesome. Defies description. Fiery Coral? Corally Red? Depending on my outfit, this reads either red or dark orange. Definitely not an orangey, pastelly coral. This is a FIFA World Cup, wishing I was in Brazil, coral.
Repurchase: No, but not the fault of the polish; summer trend only. And I've never actually run out of a nail polish. They last longer than some marriages.

on 6/1/2017 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sally Hansen Kookamango is a perfect summer color. It is a soft yet vibrant orangey-red. Almost neon. Really versatile - suitable for skin tones light and dark, as well as cool to warm complexions. Looks great on toes for a fun, punchy pop of summer color. Opaque and creamy. Easy to apply. You can overbrush without worry of streaking. Dreamy coverage!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

On me this is a slightly dusty coral, more red than orange. It's a creme. Meh. Aside from the fact that it needed to be thinned upon opening it for the first time, it just isn't as bright, vivid, or saturated as it looked in the store. It does look good on me (pale, warm-toned) in a very retro/classic kind of way, but it's pretty ho-hum.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

What a quirky, sassy coral/orange color this is! I love to wear it with my Revlon Moondrops' lipsticks in both Orange Flip and Blase Apricot. I can't rave enough about the CSM's formulation, shine, and staying power. The extra wide brush makes the application silky and smooth. I use a clear CSM top coat and my nails really look like I have had a complete salon manicure!

SH CSM - KAM is a gorgeous bright coral-orange creme formula. It is a little brighter than most colors I wear, but it was very cheery.
Formula- It applied evenly and rather opaquely. It was a 2-coater for me, but I use slightly thinner coats.
Packaging- I like the bottle, but I have slight issues with the thick round CSM and ID brushes. I'm slowly adjusting so my application will get better.
Wear- I wore this for 7 days with 1 light coat of SH CSM- Hidden Treasure and SH topcoat. There was very light tipwear by Day 3, but it didn't get much worse until Day 6. A couple chips on Day 7 and I took it off.

This is my favorite nail polish. I swear by the entire SH CSM line because of their staying power. This color grabbed me the second I saw it and never let go. I have at least half the CSM line and this is the one I keep coming back to. It has the punch of red with enough kick to be young and fresh.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Oooou I love this color! It is a reddish orange, a bit to red to be a coral but lovely for spring and summer! I especially love it on toes! OPI's Cajun Shrimp is a dupe, so you definitely don't need both, especially since they equal in quality. I like this brush because it's big and flat, and glides easily acrossy nails! I could probably et away with one coat, but two is perfect, and as a bonus, it dries super fast and looks super glossy! I would definitely repurchase!

Popular Polishes