Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

3.8

on 10/9/2012 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my GO TO makeup. Every day. I never really like to splurge on expensive makeup, but last year my fiance let me go on a shopping spree in Ulta. I bought tons of expensive makeup, this palette being one of them. I don't like to wear heavy makeup, I like to look more natural, and out of all of the makeup I got that day this is the only one I still use, not to mention I use it daily and still haven't run out.. totally worth the money. Anyway, I don't really go by the suggestive way to use it that is labelled on the palette. I use the light color on my brow bone, and the medium tan one on my lids every day. I use the top non shimmery one as my eyeliner, and my eyebrows. I love that there are non shimmery matte shadows on the pallette, and then below there are shimmery ones for going out and more dramatic looks. Also, the pinky shimmery one is really pretty. This palette is very neutral, and I love it and will be repurchasing, if I ever run out.

on 10/9/2012 11:37:00 AM

This rather nondescript palette is becoming indispensable to me in my new life as mother to an infant. The shades are of good variety yet work well independently and together; the quality is buttery and blendable. The name is NOT misleading: the eyeshadows are definitely soft & sexy. Sometimes a bit too soft. The palette leans cool, but it's not too bad if your complexion is slightly warm. Lasting power is superb with a primer.

The good stuff: Several of the shades are standouts, while a couple are merely "meh." I am in love with all the darker colors - they're great as crease (rock it in the socket!) and liner shades. Stiletto (matte deep black) is making my life SO much easier. I use it wet as my daily winged liner and 1) having it right there in the palette is super convenient, and 2) I don't have to wash my liner brush every time I use it. (Gel liner can be gummy and messy to remove and turns your brush rock solid if you forget. The powder just rinses right out.) This liner situation is almost (not totally) as dark as my gel & liquid liners, but it looks good, really lasts all day, and the ease of use and application (much smoother to apply for me) is worth it. I like the ratio of matte to shimmer shades, too. I haven't been into looking like a glitter-bomb lately. Sad, but true.

The merely OK stuff: The lighter base shades (you know, the bigger pans that dominate the palette) are pretty sheer. You can pack it on and it won't look chalky/cakey, but it's still kind of annoying to get them to show up. I'm better off using Pillow Talk (the medium satin taupe shade on the top row) as my allover lid shade. Birthday Suit works for me, though. This probably won't be an issue for the more fair-skinned (I'm an olive). I'm also not a huge fan of the pink shades. I get why they're included, and Satin Sheets especially is a gorgeous golden-pink, but they just don't look that great on me. I still find small ways to use them, though. The other minor downfalls include: powder fall-out (can deal with this, but I hate when the shadows get dirty) and NO MIRROR. That one, I hate. Otherwise, the packaging is cute and sturdy, if slightly bulky.

Some cute instructional cards are included with the palette, but they basically explain the obvious: brow, lid, crease shades. Hope this helps y'all in the increasingly diverse world of "natural" eye shadow palettes...I am discovering that the key is really just finding the one with shades you love.
continued >>

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love love love this! The package is soooo cute! The colors are amazing. I love the names. It's perfect for everyday use. Everything blends so beautifully.

on 7/17/2011 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased the palette with the blue on the cover. I love all the colors, they blend well, stay on and look great. I actually thought I was buying a different one but glad I picked this up.

on 4/5/2011 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wrote a review a while back but have decided to completely revamp it because I went away on vacation and despite it being bulky...it was PERFECT for travelling! Yes it is a pain in the butt in a way but now since I have owned it for over a year, I am used to it.

I could have just brought my brushes, this palate and the two small single shade shadows and been perfectly set all week! At first I was only loving a few of the shadows (Like A Virgin still looks ruddy and dirty on me) but I'm trying to use my products until hitting pan.

If you're going to be traveling I really do recommend this palate, it has blush highlighter, bronzer and you can use the lighter colors for day and easily layer the darker shades for night. You don't want to spend all day doing makeup and having something all in one like this is the best solution!

on 2/6/2011 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Sooo I'm a sucker for packaging and I think that's mostly why they are charging what they did. This is my first experience with Too Faced and I have to say...blah. While I don't think it's the worst thing ever, it's not the best either.

Coming with 9 shades, I think most fall short. They aren't very pigmented, which seems to be a common ground for reviews of this palette. I do however, like Birthday Suit. I have olive skin with yellow undertones, so these colors don't show up very well on me at all. The more silver based shades, Unmentionables, Lap Dance & Pillow Talk, aren't for me either...making me look tired.

I won't give up on this brand yet, I just had bad luck...hopefully my next Too Faced buy will be better!!

on 1/31/2011 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

I bought this palette after I bought Too Faced's Natural Kit, as I was so impressed with the quality and this one had much different shade offerings. This set has lighter shades that are cooler toned overall. I like to mix and match the Day, Classic and Fashion looks, but all are very similar: light and natural, so I use this when I get tired of heavy eye make up. I especially used this a lot in the summer with some black eyeliner and lots of mascara, and soft pink blush and pink lip color. I have not been wearing it as often because I like more color in the winter and my skin hasn't been so clear lately. If I have breakouts I like to use more sparkle and color as a distraction from my skin. ;)

As to the shades: I really like that this isn't all shimmer or all mattes, there is a pretty good mix of satin shades as well. Satin Sheets is a shimmery one I like but find it looks good used sparingly, as it isn't so much a champagne pink, more a gold with a hint of peach. Stiletto is very deep, matte black that I only use as an eyeliner, since I find black is too harsh for me when used as a crease color or even to deepen another shadow. I really like Unmentionables and Lap Dance but I wish they were a tiny bit more pigmented. On me, Pillow Talk and Birthday Suit look much the same, and both are satiny. Pink Cheeks is pretty but sometimes looks chalky, In the Buff is a great highlight, and I use Like a Virgin as a crease color as it is dark enough to contrast but not too harsh.

I really like the feminine, cute packaging though it is unnecessarily bulky. I use the eyeliner brush for my gel eyeliner and it is great for making thin, more precise lines.

I guess my only cons are that some of the darker shades could be more pigmented, and that there was a deep brown shade instead of Stiletto, but other than that it is a great a little kit for those who don't like intense make up, or if you want to put the focus on your lips or skin instead of your eyes.

on 11/16/2010 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I purchased the Naked Eye Collection at Ulta and wasn't quite happy with how only 3 of the shadows actually depicted a "naked eye". I felt like this palette wasn't as universally flattering as I expected it to be. Too many sheer/metallic grey pigments. My mom has fair skin/blonde hair and it looked much flattering on her than it did on my Olive skin/dark hair. It was a little more on the sultry/sexy side than "naked" which makes a very big difference if you're an eye shadow minimalist. I absolutely love the day look as to where the rest of the shadows remain untouched. Great quality shadows, poor packaging choice. Fair price. I purchased the same brand Natural Eye Palette which besides the packaging has no other cons.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Okay, so I really enjoyed the NAKED palette by Urban Decay and decided to give this Too Faced Naked kit a whirl considering I generally LOVE Too Faced products... I did not like this one! At all. The colors, to me, seem gorgeous in the kit and I loved the names, however, when on, they are not true in my opinion. They lost a lot of pigmentation. Perhaps these colors were too light for my NC40 skin...? :/ I don't know, I went with this one because the TF Neutral palette looked too similar to my UD NAKED and I wanted even more neutrals since the fabulous experience with the neutrals UD NAKED. Colors in this TF Naked palette did not blend very well... Basically these appeared blah and blah. I know the point is to look naked- but nakeds should look like you, but better-- not worse... :P Did not like the chalky look and feel of these shadows. This may work for someone... but for me- no thank you!

on 8/27/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the Natural pallet and really loved it, so I thought I would move on to this one. I think the only reason I do not like it is because I have medium skin tone, and this BARELY shows up on me me! Only a few colors work -- stiletto (black) and unmentionables (dark grey). Everything else is either skin toned or too light -- I'm a medium complexion asian and this pallette just doesnt do it for me at all. Even with Urban Decay Primer, the light colors don't last on me for more than an hour.

I will give this box to a paler friend, and I am sure she will adore it.