Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

on 10/20/2012 12:49:00 PM

I really like these colors. They are cool-leaning and very light, but that is what I look for to wear every-day. I have found it really hard to find the perfect gray-brown colors, and urban decay Naked has way too much glitter/shimmer for me. So I picked this up and I'm glad I did. Lap dance, like a virgin, and unmentionables are perfect gray-brown colors. Stiletto is also a great black, which I don't wear very often but it is great. The other four colors aren't awful but aren't great. I do experience fallout with a few of these colors, but not enough to deter me from using them. Overall, for very light and natural colors, this is the best I have found.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bear in mind that this palette came out waaaay before UD's Naked palette, so don't expect much similarity between the two. TF seems to take the "Naked" part much more literally than UD. The TF Naked Eye Kit consists of mostly soft, tonal colors in taupes, neutral pinks, and soft greys, almost all of them on the cool side. (It's cooler than UD Naked 2 and MUCH cooler than Naked 1.) There are 3 matte shadows in this kit: a bone white, a taupe, and a black. The rest have a subtle sheen and there is no glitter to be found. The shadows are buttery soft and pretty pigmented, but the shades are so subtle it might be difficult for some people to tell. I'm fair-skinned with a pink undertone so these show up well on me. I get better than average staying power even without a primer.

However, I know that many more of you have a golden undertone, so this may not be for you. I believe that if you have a yellow/olive undertone, or tanned or dark skin, these could look too pale and frosty in a dated '80s kind of way. If you know how to rock cooler neutrals, go for it. Otherwise, I'd go with Too Faced's Natural Eye Kit, which is basically another kit of neutral shadows but with warmer tones more similar to UD Naked. The Natural kit is also very high quality except for one pink shadow that is little more than a glitterbomb. But either Too Faced palette works well if you need makeup to wear to the office, or if you just like a more natural look where people will notice your eyes, not your shadow.

on 2/25/2012 10:02:00 PM

LOVE these shadows, and this is my favorite palette. I wear it almost every day. The colors all look fantastic with my coloring, which is fair with pink undertones. The colors definitely are light and not heavily pigmented, which is what I wanted and what I expected given the name of the product. What I think I love most is that these shadows have the perfect amount of sparkle. I have a professional job where I can't wear super glittery makeup, and this palette has a very pretty and subtle amount of sparkle without it being unprofessional or over the top. I use the lighter colors to create a soft, neutral eye for during the day, but the darker colors are perfect for creating a more dramatic nighttime look.

on 1/24/2012 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great eyeshadow palette that I use everyday. It can be subtle enough for day, or you can glam it up for night. I usually use the fashion eyeshadow to highlight my browbone, or if I'm feeling in a hurry, I sweep this across my whole lid for a little shimmer. Then there are darker shadows for the crease of the lids. A very beautiful makeup kit for sure, and since I see that one of my eyeshadows is getting low, I am preparing to replace this essential for me :)

on 11/26/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Overall, I am unimpressed with this palette. I wanted to love it, but sadly...it's too powdery & doesn't have enough pigment.

The packaging is cute, but bulky, hence the low rating. You have to use a LOT of this to get much color at all and then you're left with a powdery eyelid. Not for me.

on 9/11/2011 2:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Ugh- first off i have to vent so sorry in advance---
I HATE when the same exact product is listed more than once here in the reviews section so i contacted the mods asking them to consolidate the two listings into one. sadly they did not comply or even respond, so i guess between the 2 choices ill just write my review here....
I was looking for something neutral and matte-ier than uds palettes which I find to be so beautiful to look at but not always so easy to wear with all the bright colors, frosts and glitter. I saw that there is a nice combination of mattes and frosts in this palette, lemmed it for an acceptable amount of time and then when i returned some things to sephora and had a store credit i decided to give it a try.
I like udpp as primer with this- tried tfsi but had to pack on several coats of e/s to get it to show up but not so with udpp- colors showed up perfectly over it. I liked the eye makeup for dummies (lol) type cards that came with it and i do all the looks suggested- was very helpful for my creatively challenged self. Use my own brushes not the included one-pretty useless-looks like they got the message cuz the other kits ive seen dont have a brush anymore. Love all the colors-nice variety and good color payoff too. Love that they made the all over lid colors bigger than the other colors, makes sense since they are used more. All in all this is one of my fav palettes and I have already ordered the new smokey eye one-cant wait, and after that will be the mattes....

on 9/9/2011 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

These days, I'm liking Too-Faced more and more. I was lucky enough a while back to get a full-sized palette as a bonus from Sephora. The palette I received had a sampling of two shadows from each of Too-Faced Collections palettes. Although I regularly use all the shadows, the one shadow I kept going back to and using was "Like a Virgin". I'm telling you..on my cool-toned skin, this neutral color is amazing--it give my eyes that extra "oomph". It's kind of like a muddy, taupe-y, brown, but not an orangey-brown...more like a blue-brown. Anyway, I had been mulling over purchasing the UD Naked palette for a while, and when I finally saw it in person at Ulta, the shadows just didn't look like the majority would be flattering to me. Also, I thought the velvet case was kind of cheesy.
That being said, on a later trip to Sephora, I saw the Naked Palette by Too-Faced and "Like a Virgin" was one of the shadows contained. I levitated. No kiddin'. I love this palette. All the colors are flattering...the pigmentation is great b/c it isn't so deep--you can start off lightly for day, and with a little bit of a more heavy hand, can build up for a night or special occasion eye look. Plus, there is no fall out.
And......the shimmer on some of the shadows is so subtle--it really is a fantastic palette.
I know a lot of women don't like the packaging, but it doesn't bother me that much. For me, it is pretty much travel-friendly as every shadow I need is in one box. To keep it shut I just wrap a twirly-do (my family name for those elastic hair ties) around it to keep it shut.
I only wish that Too-Faced would create a 'Like a Virgin" single shadow!
All in all, great product. Great price. Most definitely will purchase again. I think I'll purchase one for my daughter as well.

Pros first:
+ Nice packaging (sturdy and pretty box)
+ Colours in the palette match up so would work well together
+Shadows are soft, fallout is minimal

Cons:
+ Pigmentation is average to bad for the various shades
+Some shades end up looking the same once they have blended out
+ Quite plain and dull looking on my NW20/NC30 skin
+ Expensive (23/26 depending on where you buy = overpriced).

I've bought Two Faced shadows before expecting Urban Decay quality but this is appalling by comparison.
I'm not saying this palette would be awful on everyone but I was thoroughly disappointed as it didn't suit me at all. I have neutral to warm undertones and am around NW20. I also have hazel eyes. I found the eyeshadows to lack pigmentation and look washed out on my skin. For paler individuals who have cooler undertones i think this palette might be suitable. But I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone simply because I think there are far better neutral palettes out there with better pigmentation for a fraction of the cost.

on 4/5/2011 8:01:00 AM

I bought this on a whim at Sephora because it is really a gorgeous looking palette. The colors "appeared" to be exactly what I was looking for...all in one nice little palette. Well, get home and it's a different story when I try to use them. Pigmentation was terrible...terrible terrible, and that's with TFSI. The black color (can't remember the name) is the only one that would remotely show up, but it did not blend well at all on my eyes. I tried it twice, and back to the store it went....honestly this is the first item I've returned to Sephora, but for the price, no way I could justify keeping this. Only gave it 2 stars because it IS pretty to look at!

on 2/8/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This palette is amazing! I love it.
In the buff is a perfect highlight color.
Birthday suit is a really nice base.
Pink cheeks is a very sparkly nice pink.
Pillow talk is a nice nude sparkly color.
Like a Virgin is my favorite matte crease color.
Satin Sheets is the most amazing color ever, it looks pink in the palette, but goes on a really pretty gold.
Unmentionables is blue-grey with a few 'chunky pieces of glitter'.
Lap dance is grey but a hint of pink/ warm tones.
Stiletto is a classic black color with a build-able color intensity.
Overall, I <3 this palette. My only complaint is about the packaging because I love the brush that comes with it so much I want to use it with other colors but have trouble opening the separate compartment it is located it.