Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.7

It is a good palette, great pigmentation.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love love love this! The package is soooo cute! The colors are amazing. I love the names. It's perfect for everyday use. Everything blends so beautifully.

This is meant for a sheer, soft look, and that is what you can get with this look. The colors (except for Like a Virgin and In the Buff) all have a very soft shimmer that makes your eyes look dewy, not glittery. I have warm toned skin (NC30) but I can pull these cooler-toned colors off because they are so soft.

I love these for just an everyday wash of color because they are so sheer and subtle. However, the darker colors (Like a Virgin, Unmentionables, Lap Dance, Stiletto) are definitely buildable. It just takes some patience.

The formula is quite soft, but a little powdery. I find I don't get a lot of fallout from these shadows, and in fact when I tap the brush off I get little to no color payoff (because all the powder just flies away!) So I would suggest only lightly tapping the brush off and/or building color slowly.

Also, be careful not to cake on the product to get the color in the pan, because I find that it WILL crease, even over a good primer.

Overall, I do love it, but I am a very subtle makeup kind of girl. It's all relative to what you are looking for.

CHECK IT OUT IF:
- You want some sheer, cool-toned colors with some nice shimmer
- You are looking for a very subtle, muted everyday palette
- You want to try cool-toned shades (taupes and icy pinks) but you're a little scared of them
- You are in search of a good everyday palette

SKIP IF:
- You want heavily pigmented colors, cause you ain't gonna get it, even with a primer.

on 8/14/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING. i bought it after juicystar07's rave reviews. Though i dont really use many of the colors (only really four or five of them) it really is worth every penny. i get compliments on my eye shadow all the time. i never used to wear eye shadow before wearing this, but decided to give it a shot because it was finally a brand name palette without a completely ridiculous price tag. i use gold all over than the sparkly dark brown on my middle-outer corners and its simply amazing. its so fast! i dont really use the brush that comes with it except for the side that has an angled end to fill in my eyebrows with the matte brown color in the set. love it!

on 2/13/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I don't like this one as much as the Natural, as I find all three of the HUGE pans on the left relatively useless as they don't show up on me very well at all, except maybe as a highlighter and that's a big maybe. It's a little hard to justify the price for six teeny little shadows, but I suppose buying even six individually would be steep. At any rate, all shades on the right half show up nicely on my NC25 skin for a soft, pretty eye. I wouldn't have thought to buy these colors individually or put them all together, so there's something to be said for that.
Still don't like the drawer, the cards, or the applicator thingy, but I'd still probably splash out for this again...
EDIT: Upping my rating on Unmentionables alone; plus I've been using this more than I thought I would.

I love this pallets. The colors are very pretty and natural. You can create a subtal and dramatic look. I can just bring this pallete with me if I go on a business trip. I think using a primer is a good idea for this shadow.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The Too Faced Natural Eye palette is one of my favorite palettes, so when the Natural Eye palette came out, I was eager to get my hands on it. The Natural Eye palette creates a soft and polished finish. I especially like the soft, pink and taupe colors. Think dusky gray and light pink - the 'powersuit' of ES combinations.
It's a very classy and grown-up look, while looking clean and polished all at the same time. It's easy to transform a clean daytime look to something sexier, by simply using the darker colors to create a smokier look.
I also supplement certain colors (Silk Teddy - peach champagne shimmer) from the Natural Eye palette when I need a little pop of color or to glam things up without going too warm. It creates a different but just as versatile look as the original palette. <3