Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

on 11/17/2013 12:38:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette, and I use it everyday. The shadows are highly pigmented and have good staying power; I can wear them the whole day without my eyes becoming a smudgy mess. The palette contains every shade I need, and is versatile enough that I can use it for both day and night looks, so it's very good for traveling. Satin Sheets is my favorite shade, and I really wish they made that pan bigger (I use it far more often than I use Birthday Suit). I also like Pink Cheeks a lot - it's quite subtle, but has a mild highlighting effect which is really good for a "no makeup" look. Stiletto is an excellent black shadow for tight-lining, because it is so pigmented and doesn't smudge. Overall, an excellent and very practical palette!

on 10/9/2012 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my GO TO makeup. Every day. I never really like to splurge on expensive makeup, but last year my fiance let me go on a shopping spree in Ulta. I bought tons of expensive makeup, this palette being one of them. I don't like to wear heavy makeup, I like to look more natural, and out of all of the makeup I got that day this is the only one I still use, not to mention I use it daily and still haven't run out.. totally worth the money. Anyway, I don't really go by the suggestive way to use it that is labelled on the palette. I use the light color on my brow bone, and the medium tan one on my lids every day. I use the top non shimmery one as my eyeliner, and my eyebrows. I love that there are non shimmery matte shadows on the pallette, and then below there are shimmery ones for going out and more dramatic looks. Also, the pinky shimmery one is really pretty. This palette is very neutral, and I love it and will be repurchasing, if I ever run out.

on 10/9/2012 11:37:00 AM

This rather nondescript palette is becoming indispensable to me in my new life as mother to an infant. The shades are of good variety yet work well independently and together; the quality is buttery and blendable. The name is NOT misleading: the eyeshadows are definitely soft & sexy. Sometimes a bit too soft. The palette leans cool, but it's not too bad if your complexion is slightly warm. Lasting power is superb with a primer.

The good stuff: Several of the shades are standouts, while a couple are merely "meh." I am in love with all the darker colors - they're great as crease (rock it in the socket!) and liner shades. Stiletto (matte deep black) is making my life SO much easier. I use it wet as my daily winged liner and 1) having it right there in the palette is super convenient, and 2) I don't have to wash my liner brush every time I use it. (Gel liner can be gummy and messy to remove and turns your brush rock solid if you forget. The powder just rinses right out.) This liner situation is almost (not totally) as dark as my gel & liquid liners, but it looks good, really lasts all day, and the ease of use and application (much smoother to apply for me) is worth it. I like the ratio of matte to shimmer shades, too. I haven't been into looking like a glitter-bomb lately. Sad, but true.

The merely OK stuff: The lighter base shades (you know, the bigger pans that dominate the palette) are pretty sheer. You can pack it on and it won't look chalky/cakey, but it's still kind of annoying to get them to show up. I'm better off using Pillow Talk (the medium satin taupe shade on the top row) as my allover lid shade. Birthday Suit works for me, though. This probably won't be an issue for the more fair-skinned (I'm an olive). I'm also not a huge fan of the pink shades. I get why they're included, and Satin Sheets especially is a gorgeous golden-pink, but they just don't look that great on me. I still find small ways to use them, though. The other minor downfalls include: powder fall-out (can deal with this, but I hate when the shadows get dirty) and NO MIRROR. That one, I hate. Otherwise, the packaging is cute and sturdy, if slightly bulky.

Some cute instructional cards are included with the palette, but they basically explain the obvious: brow, lid, crease shades. Hope this helps y'all in the increasingly diverse world of "natural" eye shadow palettes...I am discovering that the key is really just finding the one with shades you love.
continued >>

on 6/18/2012 12:04:00 AM

The colours are so beautiful, nothing is left wasted. The balance is perfect. And the instuction cards are really handy for the first application.

on 5/29/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been gravitating towards large palettes where you make your own combos and eyeshadow singles lately. But I just started a new job where I have to wake up at 6:45 AM to make the commute and believe me, coordinating and expertly applying makeup is simply not happening. For instance, this morning I tried double hard to do a good job on my appearance and when I went to the bathroom at work saw a big stripe of sunscreen in between my eyebrows. So while normally I relish the opportunity to spend 20 minutes expertly applying some cool color combination, before work is not that time.

Enter the Naked palette. This palette has the trios already picked out and arranged (I don't use the cards, but they might be good for some). I can do the whole thing in under 5 minutes including primer. Even if I screw up a little, it's not noticeable because the colors are so natural and go together so well. The lasting power is stellar. By the time I get home I've been gone upwards of 12 hours and there is never any creasing and barely any fading (with a primer, and a cheap ELF primer at that).

The look is really beautiful and subtle. Perfect for the office. The top two really can't be overdone even if you apply them wet and the bottom fashion look can be dramatic or toned down. I feel very professional when I wear anything from this palette. While I like very pigmented and dramatic eye makeup a lot of the time, a lot of the time I need to look more conservative at the office, want a bright lip, or want to wear something a little crazy clothing-wise. When I want a neutral eye that is dramatic and noticeable (hey I'm wearing makeup!), which I do love to wear sometimes, I go with my Nude 'Tude palette from TheBalm.

I have no problems getting this to actually show up though. It definitely doesn't look like you're actually not wearing eyeshadow. I've found that if I just apply the trios as are, they are a little faint (except fashion). The way I get it to look much more dramatic (but still office-appropriate) is to put a LITTLE bit of the color "stiletto" in my outer V with all the looks and use the darkest colors from the other two to do my whole crease.

I have both the naked and natural palette and I vastly prefer this one. While the natural palette is very nice and is definitely more pigmented, it's very warm and doesn't contrast well with my eye color. If you are cool toned and wanting a good neutral palette, this one is fantastic! I bring it to travel a lot as well.

Update:
I've found that if I use a bit more of a heavy hand to apply this, it shows up BEAUTIFULLY. Not faint at all, I simply wasn't using enough color! The pans are kind of small, so it's easy to not get enough color on your brush since you can only pat them, not swirl or brush. So just go over it a few times and you'll get that vibrant gorgeous cool-toned neutral eye you're after.

Also my most recent early morning debacle? I got to work and saw a big spot of matte bronzer on my lower cheek, totally unblended, just sitting there all orangey-brown. I think I need a new schedule!

on 5/11/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this palette. The packaging is sooo pretty! Even though I don't use it like everyday I always use at least one eyeshadow from this kit.

on 4/7/2012 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This has the usual great quality/buttery feel we have come to expect from Too Faced eye shadows. However, as a warm toned gal, this did absolutely nothing for me.

I really feel like these palettes should be named differently - this is only a naked eye if you are cooler toned. Natural Eye should have been a 'Naked Eye' for warm toned gals.

I'm just saying... we get sucked into buying these palettes, but they really do lean either to the warm or cool side...

This was ok, but I really did have to layer on the blush and lipstick to balance out the 'washed out' look that these colours gave me. I'm a warm light beige. If you are warm light toned, then do yourself a favour and stick with the Natural Eye or Natural at Night Palette.

on 3/10/2012 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

There are three different sets of colors - one is meant to constitute a day look, another a classic look, and another a fashion look, though that doesn't mean you can't use the colors as you wish. I think the sets are coordinated quite nicely and even come with little cards that give you instructions on how to use the colors to achieve a certain look. They're really cute and especially helpful for beginners who don't really know where to start.
As for the colors themselves, I think they're very pigmented and really soft to the touch, which is nice when you're applying it on your eyes as it means that you don't need to pack the color on for ages and also that they're quite blendable. I really like the fact that these are neutral colors that can be suited to both day and night looks, so you can create very natural and also more dramatic looks. It's a versatile palette and well-suited to all occasions, so I think it's a great starter palette!
The only thing I don't really like about the palette is the size. It's quite chunky due to the little slide out drawer at the bottom which contains two dual-ended applicators. I think that's unnecessary and I wish it wasn't included, as I don't usually use applicators that come with palettes anyway. If that detail had been taken out of the packaging, I think the palette would be more portable and better for traveling with. But it's really not too big of a deal and I really like the palette anyway, for the pigmented, soft eyeshadows and versatility. Plus, the names are so cute! They're creative and a bit cheeky, but I think that's just adorable and only makes me love the palette more.

on 2/12/2012 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love almost every palette that Too Faced has come out, and this is probably my favorite everyday eyeshadow palette of all time. I first got the 500-point sephora palette (which contains 2shades from 4 of thier palettes) and I found myself using it more and more often, especially with the 2 shades from Naked Eye kit (Satin Sheets, Like a Virgin). Satin Sheets now becomes my absolute favorite eyeshadow ever, if I could only wear one color in my entire life that would be it.
It is a very cool-toned palette, even though my skin tone is more on the neutral-warm side, I always tend to like cool-toned blushes and eyeshadows. I also got the Natural Eye kit, but I still love this one a little more. It gives you the perfect "Naked" looking, an illusion of not wearing any eye makeup, so it makes sense to be not too highly pigmented, and the colors are mostly very light and subtle to begin with. By the way they changed all the packaging (without the little drawer and the now) so it is very sleek and travel friendly.

on 1/27/2012 2:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Pros: I like how this palette has a versatile range of neutrals that all work well together. It also applies very nicely-- there's enough color but it's not too pigmented where it looks "ruddy" on my skin.

Cons: I really dislike how bulky the packaging is. It takes up more than half of my makeup bag. I think it would be better if they made the packaging thinner by getting rid of the compartment that holds the brush. Seriously... the brush and its compartment is just a waste of space