Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.3

on 10/5/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this forever ago. Many of the shadows are showing pan already. It used to be the only thing I'd wear for months.
This was my first sorta high end palette and I still love it around 5 years later. I would probably even repurchase it and I've never done tha with a palette.

The shadows are sheer and therefore foolproof. I love this for moments when I'm in a hurry but still want to look presentable. I don't quite understand the shades of the left. I've used the matte white quite a lot, but I've never used the brown shade (maybe it's a base colour for darker skintones?) as it looks kinda muddy and too sparkly for my taste. Same applies for the pinkish shade.
The other shadows are gorgeous, especially the taupey shades. Sooo easy to blend and soft and smooth.

A great beginners' palette or if you're always running late in the morning like me ^^

on 3/10/2014 12:44:00 PM

I've had this palette for a while and for the longest time I thought there was something wrong with ME or the way I applied the shadow. That is until I used some other similary priced shadows in similar colors and had drastically different results.

Too faced is great at putting together nicely-coordinated color palettes and the packaging is so cute, they are hard to resist. But....the pigmentation is very, VERY poor compared to other shadows. Aside from Stiletto, the colors that are supposed to be "contour" colors are not anywhere near dark enough to use as contour. And as for using Stiletto as a powder eyeliner? Forget about it! You will have black powder all the way down your cheeks! I have a good quality Trish McEvoy flat eyeliner brush, and I dampen it before using, and this stuff still flies everywhere.

The looks created on the makeup cards would be great if the product in this palette was saturated enough to give those looks, but sadly it's not. I won't buy this or any other Too Faced product again because it's too expensive to not be useful when there are so many great competitors out there (UD, MAC, tarte, Lorac, etc.)

on 8/18/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Hated it. The eyeshadows were chalky, dry, and barely showed up. I have several eyeshadows by Too Faced and none of them are like this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this and I got it on sale at Ulta during their Beauty Deals or whatever. Probably use it more than my Urban Decay Naked pallette. I love how this has the colors sorta "set out" in day/evening/office.. frankly, I just love the color selections. The light grey one on the top line is great, it's so unique. And the black shadow is great as a liner...i use my MAC pencil brush and use it as a soft smokey daytime liner. The packaging is meh, but whatever.

on 5/28/2012 9:17:00 AM

I must really like this palette, I find myself reaching for it alot. Goes on smooth and with eye primer, lasts all day. I have to agree that the packaging is bulky, but not a problem for me, I don't carry it around with me. Great for vacations, one palette and with all the different looks you can do with this, it's all you need.

on 3/5/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great colour selection to achieve your naked eye look. Love the finishes of each of the shadows. I find that some of the eyeshadows do crease on me though (i use urban decay primer potion to prime) although this may be because i have extremely oily lids. I've received several compliments when i wear these shadows which is important for me. My personal favourite colour is 'satin sheets' my mum loves this on my eyes and so do I! They last all day on your lids (minus the crease for me). The packaging is so cute! Although a mirror would have been nice. No fall out and can easily and quickly be applied.

on 3/1/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love these palettes. They last forever, pretty colors that go easily from day to night. You can't mess up the application either. Cute names and packaging. Price isn't dirt cheap exactly but you'll never run out. Some of the shades have a lot of shimmer so watch for fall out. But otherwise, love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I think this palette is really nice. The packaging is adorable. The eyeshadows are silky smooth and are nice neutral tones. You get 3 matte shades~a pale vanilla, taupey brown, and a gorgeous pigmented rich black. The other shades are a soft pale taupe with a satiny finish, a frosty peachy pink with a golden sheen, a pale neutral baby pink with sparkles, a medium toned duo chrome grey, and a rich greyish brown that also has a duo chrome finish. I can do daytime looks and sexy night time looks with this kit and I love that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this months ago because i've been looking for a cool toned neutral palette. The colors and packaging are absolutely beautiful but that's pretty much where my love for this product ends. The eyeshadows are extremely powdery and have horrible fallout. I generally don't use these shadows during the day just because of the shimmery/glittery fallout. The pigmentation is complete crap to be honest. Although I have found that by using sponge tip applicators I get more pigment to show as opposed to using regular eyeshadow brushes. Now when the eyeshadows are used wet that is a completely different story. They are gorgeous when they are wet and honestly that's the only way I can use these. So if you're having problems with the pigmentation try using them wet. You shouldn't have to do that to get good color payoff which is why I have a love hate relationship with this palette but it's the only cool toned neutral palette that I have found so far. My favorite colors are Lap Dance, Like A Virgin and In The Buff. I'm unsure as to whether or not I would purchase this again because the pigmentation is just not up to par. If the pigmentation was better and there was less fallout this would be the perfect palette for me.

on 10/30/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I really love my Naked Eye kit. The shadows are silky and soft. They apply smoothly with medium to sheer pigment. With TFSI they look bolder but I actually like the softer smokey eye I can achieve with this kit. My favorite shade is Satin Sheets its the most gorgeous pink with peachy gold satiny shimmer, I love it as a browbone and cheekbone highlight. Stiletto is perfect as liner and Like A Virgin is a perfect neutral brown for filling brows. The packaging is adorable also and I use mine just about everyday. <3