Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

3.8

on 12/18/2012 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have all of these palettes except the Smoky Eye one because I know I would never wear most of those colors.

Anyways, this palette is my favorite of all of them. To be precise- Satin Sheets is my favorite eye shadow color ever. It is a skin toned color with a slightly goldish pink sheen. I have yet to find an exact dupe. I've more than hit pan on this color- there's none left. Stiletto is an amazingly matte and pigmented black. I like all the colors but these are by far my favorite. I said I would buy this again, but I am not sure if I really will since I'd be buying it for Satin Sheets as I still have a ton of all the other colors.

No matter- I highly recommend this palette!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette it's a perfect natural and smokey eye palette I have hit pan on all of the eyeshadow except for like a virgin and unmentionables because they are much to dark for me but other than that LOVE this product eyeshadows are very pigmented and creamy and just apply perfectly to the eye area would recommend this to everybody

This is meant for a sheer, soft look, and that is what you can get with this look. The colors (except for Like a Virgin and In the Buff) all have a very soft shimmer that makes your eyes look dewy, not glittery. I have warm toned skin (NC30) but I can pull these cooler-toned colors off because they are so soft.

I love these for just an everyday wash of color because they are so sheer and subtle. However, the darker colors (Like a Virgin, Unmentionables, Lap Dance, Stiletto) are definitely buildable. It just takes some patience.

The formula is quite soft, but a little powdery. I find I don't get a lot of fallout from these shadows, and in fact when I tap the brush off I get little to no color payoff (because all the powder just flies away!) So I would suggest only lightly tapping the brush off and/or building color slowly.

Also, be careful not to cake on the product to get the color in the pan, because I find that it WILL crease, even over a good primer.

Overall, I do love it, but I am a very subtle makeup kind of girl. It's all relative to what you are looking for.

CHECK IT OUT IF:
- You want some sheer, cool-toned colors with some nice shimmer
- You are looking for a very subtle, muted everyday palette
- You want to try cool-toned shades (taupes and icy pinks) but you're a little scared of them
- You are in search of a good everyday palette

SKIP IF:
- You want heavily pigmented colors, cause you ain't gonna get it, even with a primer.

on 10/23/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful colors, TERRIBLE quality. Even over TFSI or UDPP, they look pretty when you first put them on but the color somehow fades into something awful by the end of the day. It was hard to make the decision to return these, but a nice shadow should maintain its pretty well into the night. Btw I have NON oily lids and UD's shadows stay put beautifully all day over the same primers for me. UD Naked Palette over this, for sure!

I love absolutely love this palette! All the shadows apply quite sheerly, so if you are looking for major color payoff, this might not be for you. The shadows stand out from many of my other shadows, because there is no super obvious shimmer or glitter to them. Rather, it has almost an irridescent shimmer effect that is very subtle and flattering for day looks. This is a great palette for those that look good in cool/neutral shades. I have to admit that the one con is the bulky packaging. It is a major pain and I rarely travel with this for that reason.

on 8/12/2011 12:14:00 AM

I saw a makeup artist use it on my friend on her wedding day. Since she has fair asian skin like I do, I figured it should look pretty on me too. I love it! It has become my HG eye shadow since. The colors are more flattering on girls with cool skin tone than Urban Decay Naked.

on 5/25/2011 11:47:00 AM

I prefer this one over the Natural eye one because this one has LESS fall out. Although some eye shadows still have quite alot of it. I Love how it comes with directions on how to apply and of course the package's is adorable. now they need to start selling them with the shadow insurance! lol. like UD does.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this palette. It gives an amazing smokey eye, but also will give a more natural daytime look as well, while still using grays. I've used this in combination with the right end of the Urban Decay Naked palette and all the results are always amazing. I really highly recommend this Palette. Works great with my brown eyes.

on 3/23/2011 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love this set so much! You can go simple for your everyday look or your at work look or go dramatic! I love that you can make it look like you are hardly wearing any make up at all! That is rare! I would tell anyone to give it a chance.

on 2/27/2011 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Stiletto is an amazing matte black I use to line my eyes and I use the matte taupe shade called Like A Virgin to fill my brows. I like that I can use this kit to do my shadow/liner/brows all together. This kit can be used to create really sexy and soft looks There's highlight, lid, crease, and liner shades that all go together perfectly. I love it. Some say the packaging is bulky, but I think Too Faced focuses on beautiful packaging that can sit out on ur vanity and look cute instead of sleeker on the go packaging. I think it's adorable and so fun to use. :)