Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

3.0

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This an extremely wearable, neutral-leaning-cool toned palette that indeed does create some lovely "I'm wearing makeup but still look natural" looks when applied correctly. The nude shades, with the mattes mixed in with the shimmers, definitely remind me of the Naked palette although obviously without as many options.
The packaging is very cute as always, and I do appreciate the extra creativity Too Faced displays in that regard. You do get a decent amount of product and the cards they provide showing how to apply the eyeshadows is a helpful touch.
The colors are, for me, all really wearable and can be applied subtlety but also built up into a more dramatic smoky eye look. The black shade, Stiletto, is very pigmented and may give a little fallout if you go in with a heavy hand.
Of the three larger shades on the left side of the palette, the pale eggshell white shade In the Buff is the only one that is very pigmented and I use this on the browbone and inner eye. The other two shades are not as pigmented and are kind of "hard". The two taupey shades, Pillow Talk and Like a Virgin, are pigmented and creamy transition colors I like very much. The shimmery shadows are not as pigmented but still good quality shadows that are very blendable.
Overall this is a nice versatile little palette that would be useful for the makeup novice or professional, and the colors should be able to work on many different people, on various occasions.

on 1/27/2012 2:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Pros: I like how this palette has a versatile range of neutrals that all work well together. It also applies very nicely-- there's enough color but it's not too pigmented where it looks "ruddy" on my skin.

Cons: I really dislike how bulky the packaging is. It takes up more than half of my makeup bag. I think it would be better if they made the packaging thinner by getting rid of the compartment that holds the brush. Seriously... the brush and its compartment is just a waste of space

on 11/26/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Overall, I am unimpressed with this palette. I wanted to love it, but sadly...it's too powdery & doesn't have enough pigment.

The packaging is cute, but bulky, hence the low rating. You have to use a LOT of this to get much color at all and then you're left with a powdery eyelid. Not for me.

on 10/23/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful colors, TERRIBLE quality. Even over TFSI or UDPP, they look pretty when you first put them on but the color somehow fades into something awful by the end of the day. It was hard to make the decision to return these, but a nice shadow should maintain its pretty well into the night. Btw I have NON oily lids and UD's shadows stay put beautifully all day over the same primers for me. UD Naked Palette over this, for sure!