Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This an extremely wearable, neutral-leaning-cool toned palette that indeed does create some lovely "I'm wearing makeup but still look natural" looks when applied correctly. The nude shades, with the mattes mixed in with the shimmers, definitely remind me of the Naked palette although obviously without as many options.
The packaging is very cute as always, and I do appreciate the extra creativity Too Faced displays in that regard. You do get a decent amount of product and the cards they provide showing how to apply the eyeshadows is a helpful touch.
The colors are, for me, all really wearable and can be applied subtlety but also built up into a more dramatic smoky eye look. The black shade, Stiletto, is very pigmented and may give a little fallout if you go in with a heavy hand.
Of the three larger shades on the left side of the palette, the pale eggshell white shade In the Buff is the only one that is very pigmented and I use this on the browbone and inner eye. The other two shades are not as pigmented and are kind of "hard". The two taupey shades, Pillow Talk and Like a Virgin, are pigmented and creamy transition colors I like very much. The shimmery shadows are not as pigmented but still good quality shadows that are very blendable.
Overall this is a nice versatile little palette that would be useful for the makeup novice or professional, and the colors should be able to work on many different people, on various occasions.

on 8/18/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Hated it. The eyeshadows were chalky, dry, and barely showed up. I have several eyeshadows by Too Faced and none of them are like this.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this palette.
It's my all time favorite eye shadow palette now. I got it about a month ago and I've been using it ever since. I don't even want to use other eye shadows anymore, which is a problem because I have a lot of them.
I finally found a palette full of cooler wearable shades that don't make my eyes look red or yellow, like for example most UD's Naked palette shades do.
I love the beautiful packaging. I have the newer one without the bottom drawer, so it's not bulky at all. It fits easily on my make up bag.
The shadows are soft and easy to apply. They don't have much fallout and the colors are not too dark for my pale complexion.
'Like a Virgin' is a perfect brown matte crease color. It's my favorite of them all. I can use it also as my eye brow color.
I love all the colors, there's nothing I wouldn't use. I'm using all of them constantly.
There's a matte black shade called "Stiletto". I use it to line my eyes. I've stopped using pencil liners or any other liners and I'm currently using only eye shadow as a liner and Stiletto does a great job. It lasts all day and looks natural.
This palette provides perfect cooler toned eye shadow colors and even has a great eye brow color and liner color.
Absolutely amazing palette.

on 5/29/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been gravitating towards large palettes where you make your own combos and eyeshadow singles lately. But I just started a new job where I have to wake up at 6:45 AM to make the commute and believe me, coordinating and expertly applying makeup is simply not happening. For instance, this morning I tried double hard to do a good job on my appearance and when I went to the bathroom at work saw a big stripe of sunscreen in between my eyebrows. So while normally I relish the opportunity to spend 20 minutes expertly applying some cool color combination, before work is not that time.

Enter the Naked palette. This palette has the trios already picked out and arranged (I don't use the cards, but they might be good for some). I can do the whole thing in under 5 minutes including primer. Even if I screw up a little, it's not noticeable because the colors are so natural and go together so well. The lasting power is stellar. By the time I get home I've been gone upwards of 12 hours and there is never any creasing and barely any fading (with a primer, and a cheap ELF primer at that).

The look is really beautiful and subtle. Perfect for the office. The top two really can't be overdone even if you apply them wet and the bottom fashion look can be dramatic or toned down. I feel very professional when I wear anything from this palette. While I like very pigmented and dramatic eye makeup a lot of the time, a lot of the time I need to look more conservative at the office, want a bright lip, or want to wear something a little crazy clothing-wise. When I want a neutral eye that is dramatic and noticeable (hey I'm wearing makeup!), which I do love to wear sometimes, I go with my Nude 'Tude palette from TheBalm.

I have no problems getting this to actually show up though. It definitely doesn't look like you're actually not wearing eyeshadow. I've found that if I just apply the trios as are, they are a little faint (except fashion). The way I get it to look much more dramatic (but still office-appropriate) is to put a LITTLE bit of the color "stiletto" in my outer V with all the looks and use the darkest colors from the other two to do my whole crease.

I have both the naked and natural palette and I vastly prefer this one. While the natural palette is very nice and is definitely more pigmented, it's very warm and doesn't contrast well with my eye color. If you are cool toned and wanting a good neutral palette, this one is fantastic! I bring it to travel a lot as well.

Update:
I've found that if I use a bit more of a heavy hand to apply this, it shows up BEAUTIFULLY. Not faint at all, I simply wasn't using enough color! The pans are kind of small, so it's easy to not get enough color on your brush since you can only pat them, not swirl or brush. So just go over it a few times and you'll get that vibrant gorgeous cool-toned neutral eye you're after.

Also my most recent early morning debacle? I got to work and saw a big spot of matte bronzer on my lower cheek, totally unblended, just sitting there all orangey-brown. I think I need a new schedule!

on 1/27/2012 2:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Pros: I like how this palette has a versatile range of neutrals that all work well together. It also applies very nicely-- there's enough color but it's not too pigmented where it looks "ruddy" on my skin.

Cons: I really dislike how bulky the packaging is. It takes up more than half of my makeup bag. I think it would be better if they made the packaging thinner by getting rid of the compartment that holds the brush. Seriously... the brush and its compartment is just a waste of space

on 11/26/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Overall, I am unimpressed with this palette. I wanted to love it, but sadly...it's too powdery & doesn't have enough pigment.

The packaging is cute, but bulky, hence the low rating. You have to use a LOT of this to get much color at all and then you're left with a powdery eyelid. Not for me.

on 10/23/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful colors, TERRIBLE quality. Even over TFSI or UDPP, they look pretty when you first put them on but the color somehow fades into something awful by the end of the day. It was hard to make the decision to return these, but a nice shadow should maintain its pretty well into the night. Btw I have NON oily lids and UD's shadows stay put beautifully all day over the same primers for me. UD Naked Palette over this, for sure!

on 9/9/2011 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

These days, I'm liking Too-Faced more and more. I was lucky enough a while back to get a full-sized palette as a bonus from Sephora. The palette I received had a sampling of two shadows from each of Too-Faced Collections palettes. Although I regularly use all the shadows, the one shadow I kept going back to and using was "Like a Virgin". I'm telling you..on my cool-toned skin, this neutral color is amazing--it give my eyes that extra "oomph". It's kind of like a muddy, taupe-y, brown, but not an orangey-brown...more like a blue-brown. Anyway, I had been mulling over purchasing the UD Naked palette for a while, and when I finally saw it in person at Ulta, the shadows just didn't look like the majority would be flattering to me. Also, I thought the velvet case was kind of cheesy.
That being said, on a later trip to Sephora, I saw the Naked Palette by Too-Faced and "Like a Virgin" was one of the shadows contained. I levitated. No kiddin'. I love this palette. All the colors are flattering...the pigmentation is great b/c it isn't so deep--you can start off lightly for day, and with a little bit of a more heavy hand, can build up for a night or special occasion eye look. Plus, there is no fall out.
And......the shimmer on some of the shadows is so subtle--it really is a fantastic palette.
I know a lot of women don't like the packaging, but it doesn't bother me that much. For me, it is pretty much travel-friendly as every shadow I need is in one box. To keep it shut I just wrap a twirly-do (my family name for those elastic hair ties) around it to keep it shut.
I only wish that Too-Faced would create a 'Like a Virgin" single shadow!
All in all, great product. Great price. Most definitely will purchase again. I think I'll purchase one for my daughter as well.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I admit, I'm not one for neutral or "plain" looks- I love bright eye shadows and dramatic looks. However, I saw this palette in Sephora and thought the colors were really pretty so I decided to give it a try. I ended up loving all of the colors and looks in the palette, especially the last one! This palette is definitely one of the staples of my makeup collection. It's so versatile and there are so many pretty looks to create with these eye shadows.
I love using this palette for a quick morning routine- one of the looks paired with mineral foundation, some mascara and liner, and bright lip gloss/lipstick and I'm set for the day.
And just for the record, these colors are anything but plain :)

on 3/30/2011 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Nice but not worth 40 damn dollars!!! This was b4 I discovered wet n wild. Gosh I feel ripped off for some reason. Ok but not great.