Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

3.8

on 10/5/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this forever ago. Many of the shadows are showing pan already. It used to be the only thing I'd wear for months.
This was my first sorta high end palette and I still love it around 5 years later. I would probably even repurchase it and I've never done tha with a palette.

The shadows are sheer and therefore foolproof. I love this for moments when I'm in a hurry but still want to look presentable. I don't quite understand the shades of the left. I've used the matte white quite a lot, but I've never used the brown shade (maybe it's a base colour for darker skintones?) as it looks kinda muddy and too sparkly for my taste. Same applies for the pinkish shade.
The other shadows are gorgeous, especially the taupey shades. Sooo easy to blend and soft and smooth.

A great beginners' palette or if you're always running late in the morning like me ^^

A few of these colors make this palette worth owning. Not a fan of the green, and I lost those cards a long time ago (they are difficult to get out of the palette), but I use these shadows regularly. They can get a little messier than the other palettes by too faced I own, and they're very shimmery, but I really love the colors. I wouldn't say it is appropriately named - naked - but it is a nice collection.

on 11/17/2013 12:38:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette, and I use it everyday. The shadows are highly pigmented and have good staying power; I can wear them the whole day without my eyes becoming a smudgy mess. The palette contains every shade I need, and is versatile enough that I can use it for both day and night looks, so it's very good for traveling. Satin Sheets is my favorite shade, and I really wish they made that pan bigger (I use it far more often than I use Birthday Suit). I also like Pink Cheeks a lot - it's quite subtle, but has a mild highlighting effect which is really good for a "no makeup" look. Stiletto is an excellent black shadow for tight-lining, because it is so pigmented and doesn't smudge. Overall, an excellent and very practical palette!

on 12/18/2012 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have all of these palettes except the Smoky Eye one because I know I would never wear most of those colors.

Anyways, this palette is my favorite of all of them. To be precise- Satin Sheets is my favorite eye shadow color ever. It is a skin toned color with a slightly goldish pink sheen. I have yet to find an exact dupe. I've more than hit pan on this color- there's none left. Stiletto is an amazingly matte and pigmented black. I like all the colors but these are by far my favorite. I said I would buy this again, but I am not sure if I really will since I'd be buying it for Satin Sheets as I still have a ton of all the other colors.

No matter- I highly recommend this palette!

on 10/9/2012 11:37:00 AM

This rather nondescript palette is becoming indispensable to me in my new life as mother to an infant. The shades are of good variety yet work well independently and together; the quality is buttery and blendable. The name is NOT misleading: the eyeshadows are definitely soft & sexy. Sometimes a bit too soft. The palette leans cool, but it's not too bad if your complexion is slightly warm. Lasting power is superb with a primer.

The good stuff: Several of the shades are standouts, while a couple are merely "meh." I am in love with all the darker colors - they're great as crease (rock it in the socket!) and liner shades. Stiletto (matte deep black) is making my life SO much easier. I use it wet as my daily winged liner and 1) having it right there in the palette is super convenient, and 2) I don't have to wash my liner brush every time I use it. (Gel liner can be gummy and messy to remove and turns your brush rock solid if you forget. The powder just rinses right out.) This liner situation is almost (not totally) as dark as my gel & liquid liners, but it looks good, really lasts all day, and the ease of use and application (much smoother to apply for me) is worth it. I like the ratio of matte to shimmer shades, too. I haven't been into looking like a glitter-bomb lately. Sad, but true.

The merely OK stuff: The lighter base shades (you know, the bigger pans that dominate the palette) are pretty sheer. You can pack it on and it won't look chalky/cakey, but it's still kind of annoying to get them to show up. I'm better off using Pillow Talk (the medium satin taupe shade on the top row) as my allover lid shade. Birthday Suit works for me, though. This probably won't be an issue for the more fair-skinned (I'm an olive). I'm also not a huge fan of the pink shades. I get why they're included, and Satin Sheets especially is a gorgeous golden-pink, but they just don't look that great on me. I still find small ways to use them, though. The other minor downfalls include: powder fall-out (can deal with this, but I hate when the shadows get dirty) and NO MIRROR. That one, I hate. Otherwise, the packaging is cute and sturdy, if slightly bulky.

Some cute instructional cards are included with the palette, but they basically explain the obvious: brow, lid, crease shades. Hope this helps y'all in the increasingly diverse world of "natural" eye shadow palettes...I am discovering that the key is really just finding the one with shades you love.
continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this and I got it on sale at Ulta during their Beauty Deals or whatever. Probably use it more than my Urban Decay Naked pallette. I love how this has the colors sorta "set out" in day/evening/office.. frankly, I just love the color selections. The light grey one on the top line is great, it's so unique. And the black shadow is great as a liner...i use my MAC pencil brush and use it as a soft smokey daytime liner. The packaging is meh, but whatever.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love love love this! The package is soooo cute! The colors are amazing. I love the names. It's perfect for everyday use. Everything blends so beautifully.

on 3/23/2012 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a beautiful palette but I have a problem, 2 of the prettiest colors wont show up on my lids. Im NC15.
I love how pillow talk and lap dance looks in the pan but I hate them on the lids. I have to layer them 4times to see some color.
The rest of the colors are really pretty but I dont think that this palette is worth the price.
But the packaging is just too cute to resist so Ive picked up romantic eye, natural at night and natural eye. I hope those are better than this.
I recommend this to someone that is new to eyeshadows and dont want super pigmented colors. My search for the prettiest taupe will continue :P

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I think this palette is really nice. The packaging is adorable. The eyeshadows are silky smooth and are nice neutral tones. You get 3 matte shades~a pale vanilla, taupey brown, and a gorgeous pigmented rich black. The other shades are a soft pale taupe with a satiny finish, a frosty peachy pink with a golden sheen, a pale neutral baby pink with sparkles, a medium toned duo chrome grey, and a rich greyish brown that also has a duo chrome finish. I can do daytime looks and sexy night time looks with this kit and I love that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this months ago because i've been looking for a cool toned neutral palette. The colors and packaging are absolutely beautiful but that's pretty much where my love for this product ends. The eyeshadows are extremely powdery and have horrible fallout. I generally don't use these shadows during the day just because of the shimmery/glittery fallout. The pigmentation is complete crap to be honest. Although I have found that by using sponge tip applicators I get more pigment to show as opposed to using regular eyeshadow brushes. Now when the eyeshadows are used wet that is a completely different story. They are gorgeous when they are wet and honestly that's the only way I can use these. So if you're having problems with the pigmentation try using them wet. You shouldn't have to do that to get good color payoff which is why I have a love hate relationship with this palette but it's the only cool toned neutral palette that I have found so far. My favorite colors are Lap Dance, Like A Virgin and In The Buff. I'm unsure as to whether or not I would purchase this again because the pigmentation is just not up to par. If the pigmentation was better and there was less fallout this would be the perfect palette for me.