Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have a love/hate relationship with this palette. It's not very pigmented except for stiletto, which I feel that color transfers. Even if I put on a primer it still muddied the other colors somehow. I guess I like this palette for those rushed mornings where I don't have alot of time. And I've worn this palette for two interviews and got the jobs. So it's office appropriate

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bear in mind that this palette came out waaaay before UD's Naked palette, so don't expect much similarity between the two. TF seems to take the "Naked" part much more literally than UD. The TF Naked Eye Kit consists of mostly soft, tonal colors in taupes, neutral pinks, and soft greys, almost all of them on the cool side. (It's cooler than UD Naked 2 and MUCH cooler than Naked 1.) There are 3 matte shadows in this kit: a bone white, a taupe, and a black. The rest have a subtle sheen and there is no glitter to be found. The shadows are buttery soft and pretty pigmented, but the shades are so subtle it might be difficult for some people to tell. I'm fair-skinned with a pink undertone so these show up well on me. I get better than average staying power even without a primer.

However, I know that many more of you have a golden undertone, so this may not be for you. I believe that if you have a yellow/olive undertone, or tanned or dark skin, these could look too pale and frosty in a dated '80s kind of way. If you know how to rock cooler neutrals, go for it. Otherwise, I'd go with Too Faced's Natural Eye Kit, which is basically another kit of neutral shadows but with warmer tones more similar to UD Naked. The Natural kit is also very high quality except for one pink shadow that is little more than a glitterbomb. But either Too Faced palette works well if you need makeup to wear to the office, or if you just like a more natural look where people will notice your eyes, not your shadow.

on 6/17/2012 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like all the colors in this palette, but I can't personally use all of them or at least I haven't found a way to use them. I tend to use the three large base colors (birthday suit, in the bluff and pink cheeks). I love Birthday suit as an overall base for my eye makeup. I use Pink Cheeks and In the Buff to create highlight on my brow bone.

This palette was my first adventure into Too Faced makeup products. I like the look of their packaging design, but the palettes are kind of klunky and aren't very travel friendly. I see they used to have a drawer for a cheap makeup sponge...glad they got rid of that. I like the makeup guides they include with the palette, but I personally will never use them. As an artist I just find them visually interesting. Maybe someone else would find them really helpful.

The shadows themselves are very powdery and normally that would totally turn me off and I will admit that at first it did, but the more I used the shadows the more I realized that though they are powdery they are not chalky. The eyeshadows are very silky and I have seen people use the term "buttery" to describe Too Faced eyeshadows. I think that is a great term. Now they don't beat my favorite Mac eyeshadows, but they are still up there. I am especially fond of Birthday Suit and I wish Too Faced would sell this as an individual color. It isn't really anything special, but on my skin it creates the perfect base for my other eyeshadows. If I can't find a decent alternative I will probably break down and buy this palette again.

The other colors in this palette are pretty but I can't find much use for them. The good thing about this pallete the colors are muted and soft, but the problem with this palette is the colors are muted and soft. Some of the colors are just "meh" and even though my skin is pretty fair/medium these colors don't pop. Lately I don't want really "loud" colors, but some of these colors don't even make a "whisper" on my skin. Perhaps I like a little more drama than most who want naked eyes. Who knows.

I would definitely suggest this to anyone with fairer skin or who is new to makeup. There are some good colors in this kit, not all of them are great, but I think for a palette overall this is a good deal. Its not the greatest palette, but it has some winners in it. :)

on 5/28/2012 9:17:00 AM

I must really like this palette, I find myself reaching for it alot. Goes on smooth and with eye primer, lasts all day. I have to agree that the packaging is bulky, but not a problem for me, I don't carry it around with me. Great for vacations, one palette and with all the different looks you can do with this, it's all you need.

on 5/11/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this palette. The packaging is sooo pretty! Even though I don't use it like everyday I always use at least one eyeshadow from this kit.

on 4/7/2012 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This has the usual great quality/buttery feel we have come to expect from Too Faced eye shadows. However, as a warm toned gal, this did absolutely nothing for me.

I really feel like these palettes should be named differently - this is only a naked eye if you are cooler toned. Natural Eye should have been a 'Naked Eye' for warm toned gals.

I'm just saying... we get sucked into buying these palettes, but they really do lean either to the warm or cool side...

This was ok, but I really did have to layer on the blush and lipstick to balance out the 'washed out' look that these colours gave me. I'm a warm light beige. If you are warm light toned, then do yourself a favour and stick with the Natural Eye or Natural at Night Palette.

on 3/10/2012 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

There are three different sets of colors - one is meant to constitute a day look, another a classic look, and another a fashion look, though that doesn't mean you can't use the colors as you wish. I think the sets are coordinated quite nicely and even come with little cards that give you instructions on how to use the colors to achieve a certain look. They're really cute and especially helpful for beginners who don't really know where to start.
As for the colors themselves, I think they're very pigmented and really soft to the touch, which is nice when you're applying it on your eyes as it means that you don't need to pack the color on for ages and also that they're quite blendable. I really like the fact that these are neutral colors that can be suited to both day and night looks, so you can create very natural and also more dramatic looks. It's a versatile palette and well-suited to all occasions, so I think it's a great starter palette!
The only thing I don't really like about the palette is the size. It's quite chunky due to the little slide out drawer at the bottom which contains two dual-ended applicators. I think that's unnecessary and I wish it wasn't included, as I don't usually use applicators that come with palettes anyway. If that detail had been taken out of the packaging, I think the palette would be more portable and better for traveling with. But it's really not too big of a deal and I really like the palette anyway, for the pigmented, soft eyeshadows and versatility. Plus, the names are so cute! They're creative and a bit cheeky, but I think that's just adorable and only makes me love the palette more.

on 3/5/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great colour selection to achieve your naked eye look. Love the finishes of each of the shadows. I find that some of the eyeshadows do crease on me though (i use urban decay primer potion to prime) although this may be because i have extremely oily lids. I've received several compliments when i wear these shadows which is important for me. My personal favourite colour is 'satin sheets' my mum loves this on my eyes and so do I! They last all day on your lids (minus the crease for me). The packaging is so cute! Although a mirror would have been nice. No fall out and can easily and quickly be applied.

on 3/1/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love these palettes. They last forever, pretty colors that go easily from day to night. You can't mess up the application either. Cute names and packaging. Price isn't dirt cheap exactly but you'll never run out. Some of the shades have a lot of shimmer so watch for fall out. But otherwise, love it!

on 2/12/2012 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love almost every palette that Too Faced has come out, and this is probably my favorite everyday eyeshadow palette of all time. I first got the 500-point sephora palette (which contains 2shades from 4 of thier palettes) and I found myself using it more and more often, especially with the 2 shades from Naked Eye kit (Satin Sheets, Like a Virgin). Satin Sheets now becomes my absolute favorite eyeshadow ever, if I could only wear one color in my entire life that would be it.
It is a very cool-toned palette, even though my skin tone is more on the neutral-warm side, I always tend to like cool-toned blushes and eyeshadows. I also got the Natural Eye kit, but I still love this one a little more. It gives you the perfect "Naked" looking, an illusion of not wearing any eye makeup, so it makes sense to be not too highly pigmented, and the colors are mostly very light and subtle to begin with. By the way they changed all the packaging (without the little drawer and the now) so it is very sleek and travel friendly.