Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

3.9

It is a good palette, great pigmentation.

A few of these colors make this palette worth owning. Not a fan of the green, and I lost those cards a long time ago (they are difficult to get out of the palette), but I use these shadows regularly. They can get a little messier than the other palettes by too faced I own, and they're very shimmery, but I really love the colors. I wouldn't say it is appropriately named - naked - but it is a nice collection.

on 3/10/2014 12:44:00 PM

I've had this palette for a while and for the longest time I thought there was something wrong with ME or the way I applied the shadow. That is until I used some other similary priced shadows in similar colors and had drastically different results.

Too faced is great at putting together nicely-coordinated color palettes and the packaging is so cute, they are hard to resist. But....the pigmentation is very, VERY poor compared to other shadows. Aside from Stiletto, the colors that are supposed to be "contour" colors are not anywhere near dark enough to use as contour. And as for using Stiletto as a powder eyeliner? Forget about it! You will have black powder all the way down your cheeks! I have a good quality Trish McEvoy flat eyeliner brush, and I dampen it before using, and this stuff still flies everywhere.

The looks created on the makeup cards would be great if the product in this palette was saturated enough to give those looks, but sadly it's not. I won't buy this or any other Too Faced product again because it's too expensive to not be useful when there are so many great competitors out there (UD, MAC, tarte, Lorac, etc.)

on 10/20/2012 12:49:00 PM

I really like these colors. They are cool-leaning and very light, but that is what I look for to wear every-day. I have found it really hard to find the perfect gray-brown colors, and urban decay Naked has way too much glitter/shimmer for me. So I picked this up and I'm glad I did. Lap dance, like a virgin, and unmentionables are perfect gray-brown colors. Stiletto is also a great black, which I don't wear very often but it is great. The other four colors aren't awful but aren't great. I do experience fallout with a few of these colors, but not enough to deter me from using them. Overall, for very light and natural colors, this is the best I have found.

on 6/17/2012 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like all the colors in this palette, but I can't personally use all of them or at least I haven't found a way to use them. I tend to use the three large base colors (birthday suit, in the bluff and pink cheeks). I love Birthday suit as an overall base for my eye makeup. I use Pink Cheeks and In the Buff to create highlight on my brow bone.

This palette was my first adventure into Too Faced makeup products. I like the look of their packaging design, but the palettes are kind of klunky and aren't very travel friendly. I see they used to have a drawer for a cheap makeup sponge...glad they got rid of that. I like the makeup guides they include with the palette, but I personally will never use them. As an artist I just find them visually interesting. Maybe someone else would find them really helpful.

The shadows themselves are very powdery and normally that would totally turn me off and I will admit that at first it did, but the more I used the shadows the more I realized that though they are powdery they are not chalky. The eyeshadows are very silky and I have seen people use the term "buttery" to describe Too Faced eyeshadows. I think that is a great term. Now they don't beat my favorite Mac eyeshadows, but they are still up there. I am especially fond of Birthday Suit and I wish Too Faced would sell this as an individual color. It isn't really anything special, but on my skin it creates the perfect base for my other eyeshadows. If I can't find a decent alternative I will probably break down and buy this palette again.

The other colors in this palette are pretty but I can't find much use for them. The good thing about this pallete the colors are muted and soft, but the problem with this palette is the colors are muted and soft. Some of the colors are just "meh" and even though my skin is pretty fair/medium these colors don't pop. Lately I don't want really "loud" colors, but some of these colors don't even make a "whisper" on my skin. Perhaps I like a little more drama than most who want naked eyes. Who knows.

I would definitely suggest this to anyone with fairer skin or who is new to makeup. There are some good colors in this kit, not all of them are great, but I think for a palette overall this is a good deal. Its not the greatest palette, but it has some winners in it. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this and I got it on sale at Ulta during their Beauty Deals or whatever. Probably use it more than my Urban Decay Naked pallette. I love how this has the colors sorta "set out" in day/evening/office.. frankly, I just love the color selections. The light grey one on the top line is great, it's so unique. And the black shadow is great as a liner...i use my MAC pencil brush and use it as a soft smokey daytime liner. The packaging is meh, but whatever.

on 5/29/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been gravitating towards large palettes where you make your own combos and eyeshadow singles lately. But I just started a new job where I have to wake up at 6:45 AM to make the commute and believe me, coordinating and expertly applying makeup is simply not happening. For instance, this morning I tried double hard to do a good job on my appearance and when I went to the bathroom at work saw a big stripe of sunscreen in between my eyebrows. So while normally I relish the opportunity to spend 20 minutes expertly applying some cool color combination, before work is not that time.

Enter the Naked palette. This palette has the trios already picked out and arranged (I don't use the cards, but they might be good for some). I can do the whole thing in under 5 minutes including primer. Even if I screw up a little, it's not noticeable because the colors are so natural and go together so well. The lasting power is stellar. By the time I get home I've been gone upwards of 12 hours and there is never any creasing and barely any fading (with a primer, and a cheap ELF primer at that).

The look is really beautiful and subtle. Perfect for the office. The top two really can't be overdone even if you apply them wet and the bottom fashion look can be dramatic or toned down. I feel very professional when I wear anything from this palette. While I like very pigmented and dramatic eye makeup a lot of the time, a lot of the time I need to look more conservative at the office, want a bright lip, or want to wear something a little crazy clothing-wise. When I want a neutral eye that is dramatic and noticeable (hey I'm wearing makeup!), which I do love to wear sometimes, I go with my Nude 'Tude palette from TheBalm.

I have no problems getting this to actually show up though. It definitely doesn't look like you're actually not wearing eyeshadow. I've found that if I just apply the trios as are, they are a little faint (except fashion). The way I get it to look much more dramatic (but still office-appropriate) is to put a LITTLE bit of the color "stiletto" in my outer V with all the looks and use the darkest colors from the other two to do my whole crease.

I have both the naked and natural palette and I vastly prefer this one. While the natural palette is very nice and is definitely more pigmented, it's very warm and doesn't contrast well with my eye color. If you are cool toned and wanting a good neutral palette, this one is fantastic! I bring it to travel a lot as well.

Update:
I've found that if I use a bit more of a heavy hand to apply this, it shows up BEAUTIFULLY. Not faint at all, I simply wasn't using enough color! The pans are kind of small, so it's easy to not get enough color on your brush since you can only pat them, not swirl or brush. So just go over it a few times and you'll get that vibrant gorgeous cool-toned neutral eye you're after.

Also my most recent early morning debacle? I got to work and saw a big spot of matte bronzer on my lower cheek, totally unblended, just sitting there all orangey-brown. I think I need a new schedule!

on 5/28/2012 9:17:00 AM

I must really like this palette, I find myself reaching for it alot. Goes on smooth and with eye primer, lasts all day. I have to agree that the packaging is bulky, but not a problem for me, I don't carry it around with me. Great for vacations, one palette and with all the different looks you can do with this, it's all you need.

on 5/11/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this palette. The packaging is sooo pretty! Even though I don't use it like everyday I always use at least one eyeshadow from this kit.

on 4/7/2012 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This has the usual great quality/buttery feel we have come to expect from Too Faced eye shadows. However, as a warm toned gal, this did absolutely nothing for me.

I really feel like these palettes should be named differently - this is only a naked eye if you are cooler toned. Natural Eye should have been a 'Naked Eye' for warm toned gals.

I'm just saying... we get sucked into buying these palettes, but they really do lean either to the warm or cool side...

This was ok, but I really did have to layer on the blush and lipstick to balance out the 'washed out' look that these colours gave me. I'm a warm light beige. If you are warm light toned, then do yourself a favour and stick with the Natural Eye or Natural at Night Palette.