Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

It is a good palette, great pigmentation.

A few of these colors make this palette worth owning. Not a fan of the green, and I lost those cards a long time ago (they are difficult to get out of the palette), but I use these shadows regularly. They can get a little messier than the other palettes by too faced I own, and they're very shimmery, but I really love the colors. I wouldn't say it is appropriately named - naked - but it is a nice collection.

on 11/17/2013 12:38:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette, and I use it everyday. The shadows are highly pigmented and have good staying power; I can wear them the whole day without my eyes becoming a smudgy mess. The palette contains every shade I need, and is versatile enough that I can use it for both day and night looks, so it's very good for traveling. Satin Sheets is my favorite shade, and I really wish they made that pan bigger (I use it far more often than I use Birthday Suit). I also like Pink Cheeks a lot - it's quite subtle, but has a mild highlighting effect which is really good for a "no makeup" look. Stiletto is an excellent black shadow for tight-lining, because it is so pigmented and doesn't smudge. Overall, an excellent and very practical palette!

on 10/9/2012 11:37:00 AM

This rather nondescript palette is becoming indispensable to me in my new life as mother to an infant. The shades are of good variety yet work well independently and together; the quality is buttery and blendable. The name is NOT misleading: the eyeshadows are definitely soft & sexy. Sometimes a bit too soft. The palette leans cool, but it's not too bad if your complexion is slightly warm. Lasting power is superb with a primer.

The good stuff: Several of the shades are standouts, while a couple are merely "meh." I am in love with all the darker colors - they're great as crease (rock it in the socket!) and liner shades. Stiletto (matte deep black) is making my life SO much easier. I use it wet as my daily winged liner and 1) having it right there in the palette is super convenient, and 2) I don't have to wash my liner brush every time I use it. (Gel liner can be gummy and messy to remove and turns your brush rock solid if you forget. The powder just rinses right out.) This liner situation is almost (not totally) as dark as my gel & liquid liners, but it looks good, really lasts all day, and the ease of use and application (much smoother to apply for me) is worth it. I like the ratio of matte to shimmer shades, too. I haven't been into looking like a glitter-bomb lately. Sad, but true.

The merely OK stuff: The lighter base shades (you know, the bigger pans that dominate the palette) are pretty sheer. You can pack it on and it won't look chalky/cakey, but it's still kind of annoying to get them to show up. I'm better off using Pillow Talk (the medium satin taupe shade on the top row) as my allover lid shade. Birthday Suit works for me, though. This probably won't be an issue for the more fair-skinned (I'm an olive). I'm also not a huge fan of the pink shades. I get why they're included, and Satin Sheets especially is a gorgeous golden-pink, but they just don't look that great on me. I still find small ways to use them, though. The other minor downfalls include: powder fall-out (can deal with this, but I hate when the shadows get dirty) and NO MIRROR. That one, I hate. Otherwise, the packaging is cute and sturdy, if slightly bulky.

Some cute instructional cards are included with the palette, but they basically explain the obvious: brow, lid, crease shades. Hope this helps y'all in the increasingly diverse world of "natural" eye shadow palettes...I am discovering that the key is really just finding the one with shades you love.
continued >>

on 6/18/2012 12:04:00 AM

The colours are so beautiful, nothing is left wasted. The balance is perfect. And the instuction cards are really handy for the first application.

on 5/28/2012 9:17:00 AM

I must really like this palette, I find myself reaching for it alot. Goes on smooth and with eye primer, lasts all day. I have to agree that the packaging is bulky, but not a problem for me, I don't carry it around with me. Great for vacations, one palette and with all the different looks you can do with this, it's all you need.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love love love this! The package is soooo cute! The colors are amazing. I love the names. It's perfect for everyday use. Everything blends so beautifully.

on 2/25/2012 10:02:00 PM

LOVE these shadows, and this is my favorite palette. I wear it almost every day. The colors all look fantastic with my coloring, which is fair with pink undertones. The colors definitely are light and not heavily pigmented, which is what I wanted and what I expected given the name of the product. What I think I love most is that these shadows have the perfect amount of sparkle. I have a professional job where I can't wear super glittery makeup, and this palette has a very pretty and subtle amount of sparkle without it being unprofessional or over the top. I use the lighter colors to create a soft, neutral eye for during the day, but the darker colors are perfect for creating a more dramatic nighttime look.

on 1/27/2012 2:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Pros: I like how this palette has a versatile range of neutrals that all work well together. It also applies very nicely-- there's enough color but it's not too pigmented where it looks "ruddy" on my skin.

Cons: I really dislike how bulky the packaging is. It takes up more than half of my makeup bag. I think it would be better if they made the packaging thinner by getting rid of the compartment that holds the brush. Seriously... the brush and its compartment is just a waste of space

This is meant for a sheer, soft look, and that is what you can get with this look. The colors (except for Like a Virgin and In the Buff) all have a very soft shimmer that makes your eyes look dewy, not glittery. I have warm toned skin (NC30) but I can pull these cooler-toned colors off because they are so soft.

I love these for just an everyday wash of color because they are so sheer and subtle. However, the darker colors (Like a Virgin, Unmentionables, Lap Dance, Stiletto) are definitely buildable. It just takes some patience.

The formula is quite soft, but a little powdery. I find I don't get a lot of fallout from these shadows, and in fact when I tap the brush off I get little to no color payoff (because all the powder just flies away!) So I would suggest only lightly tapping the brush off and/or building color slowly.

Also, be careful not to cake on the product to get the color in the pan, because I find that it WILL crease, even over a good primer.

Overall, I do love it, but I am a very subtle makeup kind of girl. It's all relative to what you are looking for.

CHECK IT OUT IF:
- You want some sheer, cool-toned colors with some nice shimmer
- You are looking for a very subtle, muted everyday palette
- You want to try cool-toned shades (taupes and icy pinks) but you're a little scared of them
- You are in search of a good everyday palette

SKIP IF:
- You want heavily pigmented colors, cause you ain't gonna get it, even with a primer.