Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This an extremely wearable, neutral-leaning-cool toned palette that indeed does create some lovely "I'm wearing makeup but still look natural" looks when applied correctly. The nude shades, with the mattes mixed in with the shimmers, definitely remind me of the Naked palette although obviously without as many options.
The packaging is very cute as always, and I do appreciate the extra creativity Too Faced displays in that regard. You do get a decent amount of product and the cards they provide showing how to apply the eyeshadows is a helpful touch.
The colors are, for me, all really wearable and can be applied subtlety but also built up into a more dramatic smoky eye look. The black shade, Stiletto, is very pigmented and may give a little fallout if you go in with a heavy hand.
Of the three larger shades on the left side of the palette, the pale eggshell white shade In the Buff is the only one that is very pigmented and I use this on the browbone and inner eye. The other two shades are not as pigmented and are kind of "hard". The two taupey shades, Pillow Talk and Like a Virgin, are pigmented and creamy transition colors I like very much. The shimmery shadows are not as pigmented but still good quality shadows that are very blendable.
Overall this is a nice versatile little palette that would be useful for the makeup novice or professional, and the colors should be able to work on many different people, on various occasions.

Overall, I really like this palette.
It has nice cool tones which can be used for both day and night.
They are nicely pigmented, but also have mattes to create an entire eye look.
I favor this palette over Urban Decay's Naked 2.
I have the old packaging, which was much too big, but I know that now the packaging is skinnier (who needs a tiny makeup brush anyway?).
Overall, it's a great palette for those that love cool shades.

on 12/18/2012 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have all of these palettes except the Smoky Eye one because I know I would never wear most of those colors.

Anyways, this palette is my favorite of all of them. To be precise- Satin Sheets is my favorite eye shadow color ever. It is a skin toned color with a slightly goldish pink sheen. I have yet to find an exact dupe. I've more than hit pan on this color- there's none left. Stiletto is an amazingly matte and pigmented black. I like all the colors but these are by far my favorite. I said I would buy this again, but I am not sure if I really will since I'd be buying it for Satin Sheets as I still have a ton of all the other colors.

No matter- I highly recommend this palette!

on 10/9/2012 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my GO TO makeup. Every day. I never really like to splurge on expensive makeup, but last year my fiance let me go on a shopping spree in Ulta. I bought tons of expensive makeup, this palette being one of them. I don't like to wear heavy makeup, I like to look more natural, and out of all of the makeup I got that day this is the only one I still use, not to mention I use it daily and still haven't run out.. totally worth the money. Anyway, I don't really go by the suggestive way to use it that is labelled on the palette. I use the light color on my brow bone, and the medium tan one on my lids every day. I use the top non shimmery one as my eyeliner, and my eyebrows. I love that there are non shimmery matte shadows on the pallette, and then below there are shimmery ones for going out and more dramatic looks. Also, the pinky shimmery one is really pretty. This palette is very neutral, and I love it and will be repurchasing, if I ever run out.

on 8/18/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Hated it. The eyeshadows were chalky, dry, and barely showed up. I have several eyeshadows by Too Faced and none of them are like this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE this and I got it on sale at Ulta during their Beauty Deals or whatever. Probably use it more than my Urban Decay Naked pallette. I love how this has the colors sorta "set out" in day/evening/office.. frankly, I just love the color selections. The light grey one on the top line is great, it's so unique. And the black shadow is great as a liner...i use my MAC pencil brush and use it as a soft smokey daytime liner. The packaging is meh, but whatever.

on 7/7/2011 12:43:00 AM

The packaging and names of the shadows are the big selling point on this item. Very cute. Plus, it gives direction cards for each look the eyeshadows are for. You can, of course, do whatever you want with them. They are subtle and pigmented at the same time. Very blendable and go with pretty much any look you want to try. I don't get any creasing with this either. I like this enough that I'm going to get each of the collections.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Before I purchased UD Naked - I bought this palette and figured it would be a good substitute. I'm obssesed with Lap Dance - it has to be my most used shadow in the palette and my all time favorite taupe color. And the rest of the colors are really gorgeous and easy to blend as well. I gave it four stars because it can get a little powdery. I do recommend this palette for those who feel guilty making the investment in UD Naked.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love this palette. It gives an amazing smokey eye, but also will give a more natural daytime look as well, while still using grays. I've used this in combination with the right end of the Urban Decay Naked palette and all the results are always amazing. I really highly recommend this Palette. Works great with my brown eyes.

on 2/27/2011 4:08:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Stiletto is an amazing matte black I use to line my eyes and I use the matte taupe shade called Like A Virgin to fill my brows. I like that I can use this kit to do my shadow/liner/brows all together. This kit can be used to create really sexy and soft looks There's highlight, lid, crease, and liner shades that all go together perfectly. I love it. Some say the packaging is bulky, but I think Too Faced focuses on beautiful packaging that can sit out on ur vanity and look cute instead of sleeker on the go packaging. I think it's adorable and so fun to use. :)