Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

3.4

on 10/5/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this forever ago. Many of the shadows are showing pan already. It used to be the only thing I'd wear for months.
This was my first sorta high end palette and I still love it around 5 years later. I would probably even repurchase it and I've never done tha with a palette.

The shadows are sheer and therefore foolproof. I love this for moments when I'm in a hurry but still want to look presentable. I don't quite understand the shades of the left. I've used the matte white quite a lot, but I've never used the brown shade (maybe it's a base colour for darker skintones?) as it looks kinda muddy and too sparkly for my taste. Same applies for the pinkish shade.
The other shadows are gorgeous, especially the taupey shades. Sooo easy to blend and soft and smooth.

A great beginners' palette or if you're always running late in the morning like me ^^

on 3/10/2014 12:44:00 PM

I've had this palette for a while and for the longest time I thought there was something wrong with ME or the way I applied the shadow. That is until I used some other similary priced shadows in similar colors and had drastically different results.

Too faced is great at putting together nicely-coordinated color palettes and the packaging is so cute, they are hard to resist. But....the pigmentation is very, VERY poor compared to other shadows. Aside from Stiletto, the colors that are supposed to be "contour" colors are not anywhere near dark enough to use as contour. And as for using Stiletto as a powder eyeliner? Forget about it! You will have black powder all the way down your cheeks! I have a good quality Trish McEvoy flat eyeliner brush, and I dampen it before using, and this stuff still flies everywhere.

The looks created on the makeup cards would be great if the product in this palette was saturated enough to give those looks, but sadly it's not. I won't buy this or any other Too Faced product again because it's too expensive to not be useful when there are so many great competitors out there (UD, MAC, tarte, Lorac, etc.)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this palette.
It's my all time favorite eye shadow palette now. I got it about a month ago and I've been using it ever since. I don't even want to use other eye shadows anymore, which is a problem because I have a lot of them.
I finally found a palette full of cooler wearable shades that don't make my eyes look red or yellow, like for example most UD's Naked palette shades do.
I love the beautiful packaging. I have the newer one without the bottom drawer, so it's not bulky at all. It fits easily on my make up bag.
The shadows are soft and easy to apply. They don't have much fallout and the colors are not too dark for my pale complexion.
'Like a Virgin' is a perfect brown matte crease color. It's my favorite of them all. I can use it also as my eye brow color.
I love all the colors, there's nothing I wouldn't use. I'm using all of them constantly.
There's a matte black shade called "Stiletto". I use it to line my eyes. I've stopped using pencil liners or any other liners and I'm currently using only eye shadow as a liner and Stiletto does a great job. It lasts all day and looks natural.
This palette provides perfect cooler toned eye shadow colors and even has a great eye brow color and liner color.
Absolutely amazing palette.

on 5/29/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been gravitating towards large palettes where you make your own combos and eyeshadow singles lately. But I just started a new job where I have to wake up at 6:45 AM to make the commute and believe me, coordinating and expertly applying makeup is simply not happening. For instance, this morning I tried double hard to do a good job on my appearance and when I went to the bathroom at work saw a big stripe of sunscreen in between my eyebrows. So while normally I relish the opportunity to spend 20 minutes expertly applying some cool color combination, before work is not that time.

Enter the Naked palette. This palette has the trios already picked out and arranged (I don't use the cards, but they might be good for some). I can do the whole thing in under 5 minutes including primer. Even if I screw up a little, it's not noticeable because the colors are so natural and go together so well. The lasting power is stellar. By the time I get home I've been gone upwards of 12 hours and there is never any creasing and barely any fading (with a primer, and a cheap ELF primer at that).

The look is really beautiful and subtle. Perfect for the office. The top two really can't be overdone even if you apply them wet and the bottom fashion look can be dramatic or toned down. I feel very professional when I wear anything from this palette. While I like very pigmented and dramatic eye makeup a lot of the time, a lot of the time I need to look more conservative at the office, want a bright lip, or want to wear something a little crazy clothing-wise. When I want a neutral eye that is dramatic and noticeable (hey I'm wearing makeup!), which I do love to wear sometimes, I go with my Nude 'Tude palette from TheBalm.

I have no problems getting this to actually show up though. It definitely doesn't look like you're actually not wearing eyeshadow. I've found that if I just apply the trios as are, they are a little faint (except fashion). The way I get it to look much more dramatic (but still office-appropriate) is to put a LITTLE bit of the color "stiletto" in my outer V with all the looks and use the darkest colors from the other two to do my whole crease.

I have both the naked and natural palette and I vastly prefer this one. While the natural palette is very nice and is definitely more pigmented, it's very warm and doesn't contrast well with my eye color. If you are cool toned and wanting a good neutral palette, this one is fantastic! I bring it to travel a lot as well.

Update:
I've found that if I use a bit more of a heavy hand to apply this, it shows up BEAUTIFULLY. Not faint at all, I simply wasn't using enough color! The pans are kind of small, so it's easy to not get enough color on your brush since you can only pat them, not swirl or brush. So just go over it a few times and you'll get that vibrant gorgeous cool-toned neutral eye you're after.

Also my most recent early morning debacle? I got to work and saw a big spot of matte bronzer on my lower cheek, totally unblended, just sitting there all orangey-brown. I think I need a new schedule!

on 10/23/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful colors, TERRIBLE quality. Even over TFSI or UDPP, they look pretty when you first put them on but the color somehow fades into something awful by the end of the day. It was hard to make the decision to return these, but a nice shadow should maintain its pretty well into the night. Btw I have NON oily lids and UD's shadows stay put beautifully all day over the same primers for me. UD Naked Palette over this, for sure!

on 9/28/2011 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Finally, I found it! I found a neutral eye palette designed for fair, cool toned women. I have wanted to do a neutral eye look for years, but could never hit into the right combination of colors. Nearly every palette I've come across had clearly been designed for warm toned ladies. I just can't do bronzes and browns. They make me look dirty and tired. They look amazing on others, but awful on me. This palette has an array of blush colored shadows and taupes as well as a dramatic black for lining. I love it. No, the color payoff is not tremendous. It is subtle, but that is exactly what I wanted. If I want to jazz it up a bit for an evening I just pack on a bit more color. I'm thrilled that I can use each and every color in the palette, the lasting power is great, especially when worn over Shadow Insurance. Honestly, I'm not crazy about the bulky Benefit-like packaging. I usually apply my makeup after I shower at my gym, and the bulky packaging is annoying. However, I will suffer this small inconvenience because I love the palette that much.

on 8/14/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product is AMAZING. i bought it after juicystar07's rave reviews. Though i dont really use many of the colors (only really four or five of them) it really is worth every penny. i get compliments on my eye shadow all the time. i never used to wear eye shadow before wearing this, but decided to give it a shot because it was finally a brand name palette without a completely ridiculous price tag. i use gold all over than the sparkly dark brown on my middle-outer corners and its simply amazing. its so fast! i dont really use the brush that comes with it except for the side that has an angled end to fill in my eyebrows with the matte brown color in the set. love it!

on 5/18/2011 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love this palette. I wanted the Urban Decay Naked one, but was hesitant to spend so much money when I heard that a lot of people said the colors were warm, and I look awful in warm colors.
Saw this at Sephora and the colors looked gorgeous so I gave it a chance. I really like it. The colors go on nicely and so far I haven't had any problems with any of them clashing with my skin tone which is good! Love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smaller than it looked in the picture, bad fallout, colours fade easily and dont even apply great anyway! wouldnt buy it again, nice colours though, shame!

on 2/14/2011 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The fall off on these (and most too faced powder shadows) is outrageous. In order to have the shadow show (aside from clumps of shimmer) you have to apply a bunch of layers and end up with more on your cheeks and Under eyes.
Even with a primer it's a mess....If you wet the brush or spray a setting spray on it you have a chance of it showing up on your lids.
Too much work to have "naked " eyes.