Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The colors in this palette are pretty and neutral and I think they would work well for most people, but I found the pigmentation to be underwhelming for such an expensive palette. I have had a couple of single shadows from Too Faced (Jealous and Blonde Ambition) that were much better, but these are somewhat lacking in color payoff.

I hit pan on the highlighter (In the Buff), but barely touched the rest. The pink shadow (Satin Sheets) I found to be too golden/warm for my fair skin. The black (Stiletto) is decent for an eyeliner if you dampen your brush. Birthday Suit and Pink Cheeks were useless to me - very chalky and unattractive.

on 1/24/2012 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great eyeshadow palette that I use everyday. It can be subtle enough for day, or you can glam it up for night. I usually use the fashion eyeshadow to highlight my browbone, or if I'm feeling in a hurry, I sweep this across my whole lid for a little shimmer. Then there are darker shadows for the crease of the lids. A very beautiful makeup kit for sure, and since I see that one of my eyeshadows is getting low, I am preparing to replace this essential for me :)

on 9/9/2011 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

These days, I'm liking Too-Faced more and more. I was lucky enough a while back to get a full-sized palette as a bonus from Sephora. The palette I received had a sampling of two shadows from each of Too-Faced Collections palettes. Although I regularly use all the shadows, the one shadow I kept going back to and using was "Like a Virgin". I'm telling you..on my cool-toned skin, this neutral color is amazing--it give my eyes that extra "oomph". It's kind of like a muddy, taupe-y, brown, but not an orangey-brown...more like a blue-brown. Anyway, I had been mulling over purchasing the UD Naked palette for a while, and when I finally saw it in person at Ulta, the shadows just didn't look like the majority would be flattering to me. Also, I thought the velvet case was kind of cheesy.
That being said, on a later trip to Sephora, I saw the Naked Palette by Too-Faced and "Like a Virgin" was one of the shadows contained. I levitated. No kiddin'. I love this palette. All the colors are flattering...the pigmentation is great b/c it isn't so deep--you can start off lightly for day, and with a little bit of a more heavy hand, can build up for a night or special occasion eye look. Plus, there is no fall out.
And......the shimmer on some of the shadows is so subtle--it really is a fantastic palette.
I know a lot of women don't like the packaging, but it doesn't bother me that much. For me, it is pretty much travel-friendly as every shadow I need is in one box. To keep it shut I just wrap a twirly-do (my family name for those elastic hair ties) around it to keep it shut.
I only wish that Too-Faced would create a 'Like a Virgin" single shadow!
All in all, great product. Great price. Most definitely will purchase again. I think I'll purchase one for my daughter as well.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this as a secret Santa gift at work. I can't say that I love it as much as the UD Naked palette, but it's okay I guess. I agree with the other reviewers who mentioned that the colors are super tiny and that they aren't very pigmented. I would not necessarily buy it again, but I will continue trying different applications, and with different bases to see if the color pay off is better. Too Faced to me, is a quality product so I will keep trying with this one and will certainly keep you posted :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The "Naked Eye" palette from Too Faced is such an adorable box filled with gorgeous, eye-catching colors which are sooo smooth, blendable and soft... you just can't resist it. I looked at the "Natural Eye" palette and it looked a little warmer to me. This one (Naked Eye) seems well-suited for a more neutral/cool preference. I love how the box opens up and closes perfectly magnetically... and I LOVE the 3 instructional cards for different "looks" using tutorials as your guide on how to create those looks, for those of us who aren't as talented ;) There are a couple diferent taupe-y shades, and a few highlighter shades, and a few taupe-y grays, then a black to be used as a liner. Like someone mentioned below, it seems to have the perfect amount to choose from for lid, crease, and highlight colors. As always with palettes, the fall-out is not really preventable... I just think this is super adorable and I will get a lot of use out of it- It's easy, and practical, and simple to mix and match the colors... The first time I used it, my friend told me it looked like I had my eye makeup done professionally!! HA! Thats a HUGE compliment for someone like me who is not too great at applying eye makeup.... **UPDATE** HOLY amazeballs, people. I reach for this more often than any of my thousands of dollars of Dior Quints, Guerlain, Chanel etc etc. It is soooo convenient, and looks gorgeous, and is easy and fun and just- awesome!! I have been told I have such beautiful eyes a few times every time I'm wearing these shades. I love eet. I'm worried it'll be gone someday and that would be a tragedy, I love this thing so much, so I believe I will be buying a back-up or two! **UPDATE-UPDATE* Bought my first back up tonight... hehe*