Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.2

on 10/5/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this forever ago. Many of the shadows are showing pan already. It used to be the only thing I'd wear for months.
This was my first sorta high end palette and I still love it around 5 years later. I would probably even repurchase it and I've never done tha with a palette.

The shadows are sheer and therefore foolproof. I love this for moments when I'm in a hurry but still want to look presentable. I don't quite understand the shades of the left. I've used the matte white quite a lot, but I've never used the brown shade (maybe it's a base colour for darker skintones?) as it looks kinda muddy and too sparkly for my taste. Same applies for the pinkish shade.
The other shadows are gorgeous, especially the taupey shades. Sooo easy to blend and soft and smooth.

A great beginners' palette or if you're always running late in the morning like me ^^

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This an extremely wearable, neutral-leaning-cool toned palette that indeed does create some lovely "I'm wearing makeup but still look natural" looks when applied correctly. The nude shades, with the mattes mixed in with the shimmers, definitely remind me of the Naked palette although obviously without as many options.
The packaging is very cute as always, and I do appreciate the extra creativity Too Faced displays in that regard. You do get a decent amount of product and the cards they provide showing how to apply the eyeshadows is a helpful touch.
The colors are, for me, all really wearable and can be applied subtlety but also built up into a more dramatic smoky eye look. The black shade, Stiletto, is very pigmented and may give a little fallout if you go in with a heavy hand.
Of the three larger shades on the left side of the palette, the pale eggshell white shade In the Buff is the only one that is very pigmented and I use this on the browbone and inner eye. The other two shades are not as pigmented and are kind of "hard". The two taupey shades, Pillow Talk and Like a Virgin, are pigmented and creamy transition colors I like very much. The shimmery shadows are not as pigmented but still good quality shadows that are very blendable.
Overall this is a nice versatile little palette that would be useful for the makeup novice or professional, and the colors should be able to work on many different people, on various occasions.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have a love/hate relationship with this palette. It's not very pigmented except for stiletto, which I feel that color transfers. Even if I put on a primer it still muddied the other colors somehow. I guess I like this palette for those rushed mornings where I don't have alot of time. And I've worn this palette for two interviews and got the jobs. So it's office appropriate

Overall, I really like this palette.
It has nice cool tones which can be used for both day and night.
They are nicely pigmented, but also have mattes to create an entire eye look.
I favor this palette over Urban Decay's Naked 2.
I have the old packaging, which was much too big, but I know that now the packaging is skinnier (who needs a tiny makeup brush anyway?).
Overall, it's a great palette for those that love cool shades.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The colors in this palette are pretty and neutral and I think they would work well for most people, but I found the pigmentation to be underwhelming for such an expensive palette. I have had a couple of single shadows from Too Faced (Jealous and Blonde Ambition) that were much better, but these are somewhat lacking in color payoff.

I hit pan on the highlighter (In the Buff), but barely touched the rest. The pink shadow (Satin Sheets) I found to be too golden/warm for my fair skin. The black (Stiletto) is decent for an eyeliner if you dampen your brush. Birthday Suit and Pink Cheeks were useless to me - very chalky and unattractive.

on 11/17/2013 12:38:00 PM

I absolutely love this palette, and I use it everyday. The shadows are highly pigmented and have good staying power; I can wear them the whole day without my eyes becoming a smudgy mess. The palette contains every shade I need, and is versatile enough that I can use it for both day and night looks, so it's very good for traveling. Satin Sheets is my favorite shade, and I really wish they made that pan bigger (I use it far more often than I use Birthday Suit). I also like Pink Cheeks a lot - it's quite subtle, but has a mild highlighting effect which is really good for a "no makeup" look. Stiletto is an excellent black shadow for tight-lining, because it is so pigmented and doesn't smudge. Overall, an excellent and very practical palette!

on 8/18/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Hated it. The eyeshadows were chalky, dry, and barely showed up. I have several eyeshadows by Too Faced and none of them are like this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bear in mind that this palette came out waaaay before UD's Naked palette, so don't expect much similarity between the two. TF seems to take the "Naked" part much more literally than UD. The TF Naked Eye Kit consists of mostly soft, tonal colors in taupes, neutral pinks, and soft greys, almost all of them on the cool side. (It's cooler than UD Naked 2 and MUCH cooler than Naked 1.) There are 3 matte shadows in this kit: a bone white, a taupe, and a black. The rest have a subtle sheen and there is no glitter to be found. The shadows are buttery soft and pretty pigmented, but the shades are so subtle it might be difficult for some people to tell. I'm fair-skinned with a pink undertone so these show up well on me. I get better than average staying power even without a primer.

However, I know that many more of you have a golden undertone, so this may not be for you. I believe that if you have a yellow/olive undertone, or tanned or dark skin, these could look too pale and frosty in a dated '80s kind of way. If you know how to rock cooler neutrals, go for it. Otherwise, I'd go with Too Faced's Natural Eye Kit, which is basically another kit of neutral shadows but with warmer tones more similar to UD Naked. The Natural kit is also very high quality except for one pink shadow that is little more than a glitterbomb. But either Too Faced palette works well if you need makeup to wear to the office, or if you just like a more natural look where people will notice your eyes, not your shadow.

on 6/18/2012 12:04:00 AM

The colours are so beautiful, nothing is left wasted. The balance is perfect. And the instuction cards are really handy for the first application.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this palette.
It's my all time favorite eye shadow palette now. I got it about a month ago and I've been using it ever since. I don't even want to use other eye shadows anymore, which is a problem because I have a lot of them.
I finally found a palette full of cooler wearable shades that don't make my eyes look red or yellow, like for example most UD's Naked palette shades do.
I love the beautiful packaging. I have the newer one without the bottom drawer, so it's not bulky at all. It fits easily on my make up bag.
The shadows are soft and easy to apply. They don't have much fallout and the colors are not too dark for my pale complexion.
'Like a Virgin' is a perfect brown matte crease color. It's my favorite of them all. I can use it also as my eye brow color.
I love all the colors, there's nothing I wouldn't use. I'm using all of them constantly.
There's a matte black shade called "Stiletto". I use it to line my eyes. I've stopped using pencil liners or any other liners and I'm currently using only eye shadow as a liner and Stiletto does a great job. It lasts all day and looks natural.
This palette provides perfect cooler toned eye shadow colors and even has a great eye brow color and liner color.
Absolutely amazing palette.