Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

on 10/23/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful colors, TERRIBLE quality. Even over TFSI or UDPP, they look pretty when you first put them on but the color somehow fades into something awful by the end of the day. It was hard to make the decision to return these, but a nice shadow should maintain its pretty well into the night. Btw I have NON oily lids and UD's shadows stay put beautifully all day over the same primers for me. UD Naked Palette over this, for sure!

on 7/18/2010 9:29:00 PM

I own two sets of Too Faced's Natural Eye Kit, so I bought the Naked Eye Kit right away. Unfortunately, I found that the colors were rather dull/flat. To be fair, perhaps this kit wasn't for me since many of the shades are matte (which I do not care for) and I may have been expecting too much color pay-off from a kit that is marketed to provide a naked eye. Still, if you are looking for a neutral eye I would strongly suggest the Natural Eye Kit (see my other review).

I would like to compliment Too Faced, though, on its development of wearable eyeshadow kits and the inclusion of how-to flashcards in the kits. This company seems to be meeting the needs of its customers - regular gals like me that are not makeup artists but have a desire to learn (and look good!).

on 3/22/2011 10:24:00 PM

I'm so sad that I couldn't make this pallet work for me. The colors are so beautiful, if only it was more pigmented. No matter how much you pack on the color, it will not show up very much and it fades away to nothing in a short amount of time. I even tried to shave off some of the shadows and used the shavings to really pack it on, but no go. Also, there's a lot of fallout and I couldn't even use the black shade as an eyeliner. Oh well. I just returned it back to Sephora.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The colors in this palette are pretty and neutral and I think they would work well for most people, but I found the pigmentation to be underwhelming for such an expensive palette. I have had a couple of single shadows from Too Faced (Jealous and Blonde Ambition) that were much better, but these are somewhat lacking in color payoff.

I hit pan on the highlighter (In the Buff), but barely touched the rest. The pink shadow (Satin Sheets) I found to be too golden/warm for my fair skin. The black (Stiletto) is decent for an eyeliner if you dampen your brush. Birthday Suit and Pink Cheeks were useless to me - very chalky and unattractive.

on 4/7/2012 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This has the usual great quality/buttery feel we have come to expect from Too Faced eye shadows. However, as a warm toned gal, this did absolutely nothing for me.

I really feel like these palettes should be named differently - this is only a naked eye if you are cooler toned. Natural Eye should have been a 'Naked Eye' for warm toned gals.

I'm just saying... we get sucked into buying these palettes, but they really do lean either to the warm or cool side...

This was ok, but I really did have to layer on the blush and lipstick to balance out the 'washed out' look that these colours gave me. I'm a warm light beige. If you are warm light toned, then do yourself a favour and stick with the Natural Eye or Natural at Night Palette.

on 11/26/2011 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Overall, I am unimpressed with this palette. I wanted to love it, but sadly...it's too powdery & doesn't have enough pigment.

The packaging is cute, but bulky, hence the low rating. You have to use a LOT of this to get much color at all and then you're left with a powdery eyelid. Not for me.

on 8/27/2011 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Packaging is cute yet the quality of this palette still leaves a whole lot to be desired. I ordered this right after I received my Natural Eye Palette thinking I would like this one as well. However, I was pretty disappointed. I still use it from time to time but I don't use it alone. I usually combine it with shadows from other palettes because the colors don't show up too well on my eyelids.

I asked for this eye shadow set for christmas because I the colors looked gorgeous in sephora. This was a splurge item, it was fairly costly for eye shadows. I had high hopes that this would give me a beautiful natural eye, that I could wear often. However, I feel that the color pay off is terrible, I have to keep applying more of the same colors just to get them to show up. If you look very closely, you can see how pretty your eye makeup is but, it is almost too natural. I know lots of people love natural eyes, however, I would look for another pallet. On the positive side I love the packaging and there is one eye shadow called, "Pillow Talk," that is very pretty.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, I like this but I don't love it. The lightest shade is chalky on my lids which sucks because the pan is so huge. I like all of the other shades enough but I guess I was expecting higher quality. This is perfect for a light daytime eye, especially if you work in a conservative environment. Most of the shades are shimmery or satin but they are still all understated. Several of the taupey shades are really close in color. I'm sure this is an amazing palette for PPP ladies. For me it is merely nice to have but not a must have.

on 1/27/2011 5:53:00 PM

Okay, so I bought this because I wanted a neutral eye palette and because of the great reviews that were given. Unfortunately, the colors are a bit chalky and barely show up on my taned face. I really want to like this so I will try to do all the looks first and then give you all an update. These are just my preliminary thoughts :)