Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

4.1

on 8/18/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Hated it. The eyeshadows were chalky, dry, and barely showed up. I have several eyeshadows by Too Faced and none of them are like this.

on 10/23/2011 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Beautiful colors, TERRIBLE quality. Even over TFSI or UDPP, they look pretty when you first put them on but the color somehow fades into something awful by the end of the day. It was hard to make the decision to return these, but a nice shadow should maintain its pretty well into the night. Btw I have NON oily lids and UD's shadows stay put beautifully all day over the same primers for me. UD Naked Palette over this, for sure!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smaller than it looked in the picture, bad fallout, colours fade easily and dont even apply great anyway! wouldnt buy it again, nice colours though, shame!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I did not like this palette. The shimmery shades had too much shimmer, and the matte shades looked dull and flat. I was unable to find one shade in this palette that was flattering.
I am 32 years old, and I found this palette to be quite aging. The matte colors made my eye lid appear very "crepey". The shadows were not very pigmented, and the color pay-off and staying power were not good, even with an eyeshadow base/primer.
I was unable to make this palette work for me, which was very disappointing. The eye on the package looks very pretty, which is why I purchased this palette. I was not able to replicate this look with the included shadows.
I found the cardboard packaging to be bulky and cheap. The included applicator was less than useful. I did not like the pull out drawer style of the packaging, but I did like that it came with instructional cards for different looks...even though none of the looks were good for me.
I put this up for swap and received many requests for it, which makes me believe that it is a popular palette. I hope that the person that I swapped it to was able to get more use out of it than I did.

Ok, I bought this palette as well as their "glamourland" palette exclusive to Sephora. These went back soooo fast ... the pigmentation on these shadows are HORRIBLE !!!! I have NC37 skin and i'd say about 80% of these shadows don't show up on me at all ! I actually bought these opposed to the UD<3NYC palette ... what in the world was i thinking !!!!!!! I returned these and turned around and bought the UD palette... and thank god i did because that palette is amazing !!!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

1/18/11 UPDATE: Save your $$! Bottom line, all the shadows really are very pretty......in their PANS, in the pretty BOX. Once swiped on a brush and then your lid, primer or no primer, it's a huge let down. Unfortunately, not only do I stand by my previous review as far as all these shadows creating the same look but when I experimented incorporating these with shadows from other brands, it became even more clear to me just how low quality these are. Not nearly enough pigment in them, if at all. I'm a bit of a product hoarder, whether i really like the product or it gets used is irrelevant. HaHa. So I do still have mine tucked away and although I KNOW ill never use it again, I have a hard time imagining parting with the pretty packaging and as i said, the colors are pretty to look at in the pans. lol Anyway, if you're still interested in trying it for yourself i STRONGLY suggest getting it through a swap rather than paying the absolutely ridiculous retail price. Its actually kind of turned me off of anything by Too Faced. Im curious, how does everyone feel about the brand as a whole? Any products actually worth my $$?

Bought this yesterday after my planned purchase of the UD Naked Palette was put on hold due to it being yet again, sold out. So I figured getting this Naked palette would hold me over till I could finally get my hands on the other. The colors really are gorgeous and I really really WANT to love it, but as someone else has said...they do tend to kind of all create the same look. I'm going to play around more and experiment with shadows outside this *pretty little box* and then I'm sure it will have lived up to the hype a little more. A primer with these is definitely a good idea and in the end, you don't get much product for the $35 you pay. Unsure at this time if I'd repurchase...

on 7/18/2010 9:29:00 PM

I own two sets of Too Faced's Natural Eye Kit, so I bought the Naked Eye Kit right away. Unfortunately, I found that the colors were rather dull/flat. To be fair, perhaps this kit wasn't for me since many of the shades are matte (which I do not care for) and I may have been expecting too much color pay-off from a kit that is marketed to provide a naked eye. Still, if you are looking for a neutral eye I would strongly suggest the Natural Eye Kit (see my other review).

I would like to compliment Too Faced, though, on its development of wearable eyeshadow kits and the inclusion of how-to flashcards in the kits. This company seems to be meeting the needs of its customers - regular gals like me that are not makeup artists but have a desire to learn (and look good!).

on 3/10/2014 12:44:00 PM

I've had this palette for a while and for the longest time I thought there was something wrong with ME or the way I applied the shadow. That is until I used some other similary priced shadows in similar colors and had drastically different results.

Too faced is great at putting together nicely-coordinated color palettes and the packaging is so cute, they are hard to resist. But....the pigmentation is very, VERY poor compared to other shadows. Aside from Stiletto, the colors that are supposed to be "contour" colors are not anywhere near dark enough to use as contour. And as for using Stiletto as a powder eyeliner? Forget about it! You will have black powder all the way down your cheeks! I have a good quality Trish McEvoy flat eyeliner brush, and I dampen it before using, and this stuff still flies everywhere.

The looks created on the makeup cards would be great if the product in this palette was saturated enough to give those looks, but sadly it's not. I won't buy this or any other Too Faced product again because it's too expensive to not be useful when there are so many great competitors out there (UD, MAC, tarte, Lorac, etc.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Adorable packaging, but that's pretty much where the love affair ends for me. The pigmentation and the longevity of these eyeshadows was disappointing to say the least, which is a shame because I had high expectations for the palette and liked how the colours looked in the pan. The texture wasn't as soft as I was expecting either. It looks cute in my make up collection at least.

Pros first:
+ Nice packaging (sturdy and pretty box)
+ Colours in the palette match up so would work well together
+Shadows are soft, fallout is minimal

Cons:
+ Pigmentation is average to bad for the various shades
+Some shades end up looking the same once they have blended out
+ Quite plain and dull looking on my NW20/NC30 skin
+ Expensive (23/26 depending on where you buy = overpriced).

I've bought Two Faced shadows before expecting Urban Decay quality but this is appalling by comparison.
I'm not saying this palette would be awful on everyone but I was thoroughly disappointed as it didn't suit me at all. I have neutral to warm undertones and am around NW20. I also have hazel eyes. I found the eyeshadows to lack pigmentation and look washed out on my skin. For paler individuals who have cooler undertones i think this palette might be suitable. But I still wouldn't recommend it to anyone simply because I think there are far better neutral palettes out there with better pigmentation for a fraction of the cost.