Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The "Naked Eye" palette from Too Faced is such an adorable box filled with gorgeous, eye-catching colors which are sooo smooth, blendable and soft... you just can't resist it. I looked at the "Natural Eye" palette and it looked a little warmer to me. This one (Naked Eye) seems well-suited for a more neutral/cool preference. I love how the box opens up and closes perfectly magnetically... and I LOVE the 3 instructional cards for different "looks" using tutorials as your guide on how to create those looks, for those of us who aren't as talented ;) There are a couple diferent taupe-y shades, and a few highlighter shades, and a few taupe-y grays, then a black to be used as a liner. Like someone mentioned below, it seems to have the perfect amount to choose from for lid, crease, and highlight colors. As always with palettes, the fall-out is not really preventable... I just think this is super adorable and I will get a lot of use out of it- It's easy, and practical, and simple to mix and match the colors... The first time I used it, my friend told me it looked like I had my eye makeup done professionally!! HA! Thats a HUGE compliment for someone like me who is not too great at applying eye makeup.... **UPDATE** HOLY amazeballs, people. I reach for this more often than any of my thousands of dollars of Dior Quints, Guerlain, Chanel etc etc. It is soooo convenient, and looks gorgeous, and is easy and fun and just- awesome!! I have been told I have such beautiful eyes a few times every time I'm wearing these shades. I love eet. I'm worried it'll be gone someday and that would be a tragedy, I love this thing so much, so I believe I will be buying a back-up or two! **UPDATE-UPDATE* Bought my first back up tonight... hehe*

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a Collection of Beautiful Colors. Similar too thier "Natural eye kit".

"in the buff" is a sheer bone,
"Pillow Talk" is a Taupe color,
"Like a Virgin" a dark taupe,
"Birthday Suit" a shimmery tan,
"Satin Sheets" a gorgeous shimmery pink,
"Unmentionables" a Shimmery Gunmetal color,
"Pink Cheeks" a shimmery light peach,
"Lap Dance" a gorgeous shimmery Chocolatey color
"Stiletto" a matte black.

So far i love this product! Like the natural eye kit, this one also comes with 3 cards that teach you the different looks; "Day", "Classic", and "Fashion".

on 10/23/2010 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I have the 'Neutral' eye kit which I love and seems to work better on my skintone. I still give this palette a '4' since, while not perfect, it isn't horrible. The color scheme is lovely and while it gives me a pretty and understated look, it isn't as mix-and-matchable for me as the first kit is. I feel I get a few different looks from the natural/neutral kit, and 'Naked' gives me the same look only in barely varying intensities. It's a nice collection, just not for me. I'll use it up I'm sure (since taupey, grey based nudes aren't something I have a lot of) but I wouldn't buy it again.

on 10/5/2016 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this forever ago. Many of the shadows are showing pan already. It used to be the only thing I'd wear for months.
This was my first sorta high end palette and I still love it around 5 years later. I would probably even repurchase it and I've never done tha with a palette.

The shadows are sheer and therefore foolproof. I love this for moments when I'm in a hurry but still want to look presentable. I don't quite understand the shades of the left. I've used the matte white quite a lot, but I've never used the brown shade (maybe it's a base colour for darker skintones?) as it looks kinda muddy and too sparkly for my taste. Same applies for the pinkish shade.
The other shadows are gorgeous, especially the taupey shades. Sooo easy to blend and soft and smooth.

A great beginners' palette or if you're always running late in the morning like me ^^

on 3/5/2012 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great colour selection to achieve your naked eye look. Love the finishes of each of the shadows. I find that some of the eyeshadows do crease on me though (i use urban decay primer potion to prime) although this may be because i have extremely oily lids. I've received several compliments when i wear these shadows which is important for me. My personal favourite colour is 'satin sheets' my mum loves this on my eyes and so do I! They last all day on your lids (minus the crease for me). The packaging is so cute! Although a mirror would have been nice. No fall out and can easily and quickly be applied.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this months ago because i've been looking for a cool toned neutral palette. The colors and packaging are absolutely beautiful but that's pretty much where my love for this product ends. The eyeshadows are extremely powdery and have horrible fallout. I generally don't use these shadows during the day just because of the shimmery/glittery fallout. The pigmentation is complete crap to be honest. Although I have found that by using sponge tip applicators I get more pigment to show as opposed to using regular eyeshadow brushes. Now when the eyeshadows are used wet that is a completely different story. They are gorgeous when they are wet and honestly that's the only way I can use these. So if you're having problems with the pigmentation try using them wet. You shouldn't have to do that to get good color payoff which is why I have a love hate relationship with this palette but it's the only cool toned neutral palette that I have found so far. My favorite colors are Lap Dance, Like A Virgin and In The Buff. I'm unsure as to whether or not I would purchase this again because the pigmentation is just not up to par. If the pigmentation was better and there was less fallout this would be the perfect palette for me.

on 9/5/2011 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love all of Too Faced Palettes. The instruction cards make application a breeze.

on 7/7/2011 12:43:00 AM

The packaging and names of the shadows are the big selling point on this item. Very cute. Plus, it gives direction cards for each look the eyeshadows are for. You can, of course, do whatever you want with them. They are subtle and pigmented at the same time. Very blendable and go with pretty much any look you want to try. I don't get any creasing with this either. I like this enough that I'm going to get each of the collections.

on 5/11/2011 4:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Product: I have tried a few Too Faced products before, but never the eyeshadows. I wasn't hugely impressed however. As people have said before me, the colours are deceiving in the pan, especially 'Satin Sheets' which looks like a nude highlighter with a gold shimmer not the pink you see in the pallette. I think the grey-based colours also look too similar on the skin. The eyeshadows are pretty long-lasting however, even though I end up with gold sparkle all on my cheeks when I use Satin Sheets!

Packaging: The packaging lured me in and probably convinced me to buy this product.The brush is awful however, waste of time! Tutorial cards are OK.

Price: 26, so on the expensive side of things.

Overall: Wouldn't buy again, especially at this price. Would rather buy a couple of full-size MAC or UD shadows, especially as some of the shadows in the palette looked the same! Such as shame as the packaging promised more.

EDIT: After using eyeshadows from this palette solidly over a week I got lots of little white bumps all over my eyelids which, unsurprisingly have cleared up since I've stopped wearing this product. Just a warning! :(

on 12/31/2010 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

For my coloring and general everyday needs this buy was a major score. I haven't had any problems with the pigmentation--I use urban decay eye primer and find the pigmentation is adequate for my needs. What I like about the palette is I use all the colors (there are no duds) and can create lots of looks for day and night. Stiletto, the black color, works really well as eyeliner so when I'm on the go I throw this palette, my travel brushes, mascara, blush and lipstick and I'm all set.