Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The "Naked Eye" palette from Too Faced is such an adorable box filled with gorgeous, eye-catching colors which are sooo smooth, blendable and soft... you just can't resist it. I looked at the "Natural Eye" palette and it looked a little warmer to me. This one (Naked Eye) seems well-suited for a more neutral/cool preference. I love how the box opens up and closes perfectly magnetically... and I LOVE the 3 instructional cards for different "looks" using tutorials as your guide on how to create those looks, for those of us who aren't as talented ;) There are a couple diferent taupe-y shades, and a few highlighter shades, and a few taupe-y grays, then a black to be used as a liner. Like someone mentioned below, it seems to have the perfect amount to choose from for lid, crease, and highlight colors. As always with palettes, the fall-out is not really preventable... I just think this is super adorable and I will get a lot of use out of it- It's easy, and practical, and simple to mix and match the colors... The first time I used it, my friend told me it looked like I had my eye makeup done professionally!! HA! Thats a HUGE compliment for someone like me who is not too great at applying eye makeup.... **UPDATE** HOLY amazeballs, people. I reach for this more often than any of my thousands of dollars of Dior Quints, Guerlain, Chanel etc etc. It is soooo convenient, and looks gorgeous, and is easy and fun and just- awesome!! I have been told I have such beautiful eyes a few times every time I'm wearing these shades. I love eet. I'm worried it'll be gone someday and that would be a tragedy, I love this thing so much, so I believe I will be buying a back-up or two! **UPDATE-UPDATE* Bought my first back up tonight... hehe*

on 9/3/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is called the NAKED eye kit for a reason. I don't understand people giving bad reviews for a product that does what it says. This palette is not going to give bold eye looks, even though you actually could do that with this. I like this pallette very much. I use it during the week for work when I want to look soft and give my eyes minimal emphasis. The colors, although soft do show up very well on my skin. I am currently NC45 due to my summer tan and it still works. The fact that I use eyeshadow primer helps it stay all day. I have all the Too Faced eye palettes.....Natural Eye, Smoky Eye, and Naked Eye. I LOVE them all!

on 5/29/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been gravitating towards large palettes where you make your own combos and eyeshadow singles lately. But I just started a new job where I have to wake up at 6:45 AM to make the commute and believe me, coordinating and expertly applying makeup is simply not happening. For instance, this morning I tried double hard to do a good job on my appearance and when I went to the bathroom at work saw a big stripe of sunscreen in between my eyebrows. So while normally I relish the opportunity to spend 20 minutes expertly applying some cool color combination, before work is not that time.

Enter the Naked palette. This palette has the trios already picked out and arranged (I don't use the cards, but they might be good for some). I can do the whole thing in under 5 minutes including primer. Even if I screw up a little, it's not noticeable because the colors are so natural and go together so well. The lasting power is stellar. By the time I get home I've been gone upwards of 12 hours and there is never any creasing and barely any fading (with a primer, and a cheap ELF primer at that).

The look is really beautiful and subtle. Perfect for the office. The top two really can't be overdone even if you apply them wet and the bottom fashion look can be dramatic or toned down. I feel very professional when I wear anything from this palette. While I like very pigmented and dramatic eye makeup a lot of the time, a lot of the time I need to look more conservative at the office, want a bright lip, or want to wear something a little crazy clothing-wise. When I want a neutral eye that is dramatic and noticeable (hey I'm wearing makeup!), which I do love to wear sometimes, I go with my Nude 'Tude palette from TheBalm.

I have no problems getting this to actually show up though. It definitely doesn't look like you're actually not wearing eyeshadow. I've found that if I just apply the trios as are, they are a little faint (except fashion). The way I get it to look much more dramatic (but still office-appropriate) is to put a LITTLE bit of the color "stiletto" in my outer V with all the looks and use the darkest colors from the other two to do my whole crease.

I have both the naked and natural palette and I vastly prefer this one. While the natural palette is very nice and is definitely more pigmented, it's very warm and doesn't contrast well with my eye color. If you are cool toned and wanting a good neutral palette, this one is fantastic! I bring it to travel a lot as well.

Update:
I've found that if I use a bit more of a heavy hand to apply this, it shows up BEAUTIFULLY. Not faint at all, I simply wasn't using enough color! The pans are kind of small, so it's easy to not get enough color on your brush since you can only pat them, not swirl or brush. So just go over it a few times and you'll get that vibrant gorgeous cool-toned neutral eye you're after.

Also my most recent early morning debacle? I got to work and saw a big spot of matte bronzer on my lower cheek, totally unblended, just sitting there all orangey-brown. I think I need a new schedule!

on 11/16/2010 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely LOVE this. The colors are gorgeous on me. I'm into cooler-toned neutrals at the moment, so I passed the Urban Decay Naked palette over in favor of this one and I'm SO glad I did.
The quality is 5 stars - they blend like a dream. For such shimmery shadows, there isn't a whole lot of fallout with these. If you love Stila's Kitten but hate the fallout, Satin Sheets is a good dupe to it, only a little more gold in tone and more satin than glittery.
This collection is good for those who like a soft, neutral look that is also sexy. I like that there are enough shadows here that I can do a few different COMPLETE looks - without having to bust out my other palettes. This comes with three instruction cards for Day/Classic/Fashion looks, but I prefer to mix them all up and make my own.
Like a Virgin happens to be my perfect brow shade, which is a personal bonus for me. The shadows don't crease/fade at all, which is always great.
Cons: The packaging is a bit unnecessary, but it still fits in my purse if I need it to. I'm afraid of smashing my pressed powders so I usually leave them at home anyway. The brush is pretty much junk but since I use Like a Virgin for my brows it's nice to have in there for emergency touch-ups.
This collection would probably suit pale complexions best since a lot of the shades are pretty light in tone.
One thing to note - Satin Sheets applies different than it looks in the pan - it's a pale, champagne-y gold, not very pink at all.

My Everyday Sexy Eye using the TF Naked Eye Collection:
Priming my eyes with MAC Rubenesque paint pot on the lid/crease and Bare Study on the brow bone, I pack Satin Sheets all over the lid. In the crease, I blend Pillow Talk until I get a soft definition. I then blend Lap Dance into the outer half of my crease and outer v, making sure not to blend it above where Pillow Talk ends. Next, I define the outer v with Stiletto (using a LIGHT hand). I highlight with In The Buff, line my eyes, then set/wing out the liner with Stiletto again. The result is very similar to the picture on the front of the box.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a Collection of Beautiful Colors. Similar too thier "Natural eye kit".

"in the buff" is a sheer bone,
"Pillow Talk" is a Taupe color,
"Like a Virgin" a dark taupe,
"Birthday Suit" a shimmery tan,
"Satin Sheets" a gorgeous shimmery pink,
"Unmentionables" a Shimmery Gunmetal color,
"Pink Cheeks" a shimmery light peach,
"Lap Dance" a gorgeous shimmery Chocolatey color
"Stiletto" a matte black.

So far i love this product! Like the natural eye kit, this one also comes with 3 cards that teach you the different looks; "Day", "Classic", and "Fashion".

This is meant for a sheer, soft look, and that is what you can get with this look. The colors (except for Like a Virgin and In the Buff) all have a very soft shimmer that makes your eyes look dewy, not glittery. I have warm toned skin (NC30) but I can pull these cooler-toned colors off because they are so soft.

I love these for just an everyday wash of color because they are so sheer and subtle. However, the darker colors (Like a Virgin, Unmentionables, Lap Dance, Stiletto) are definitely buildable. It just takes some patience.

The formula is quite soft, but a little powdery. I find I don't get a lot of fallout from these shadows, and in fact when I tap the brush off I get little to no color payoff (because all the powder just flies away!) So I would suggest only lightly tapping the brush off and/or building color slowly.

Also, be careful not to cake on the product to get the color in the pan, because I find that it WILL crease, even over a good primer.

Overall, I do love it, but I am a very subtle makeup kind of girl. It's all relative to what you are looking for.

CHECK IT OUT IF:
- You want some sheer, cool-toned colors with some nice shimmer
- You are looking for a very subtle, muted everyday palette
- You want to try cool-toned shades (taupes and icy pinks) but you're a little scared of them
- You are in search of a good everyday palette

SKIP IF:
- You want heavily pigmented colors, cause you ain't gonna get it, even with a primer.

on 9/28/2011 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Finally, I found it! I found a neutral eye palette designed for fair, cool toned women. I have wanted to do a neutral eye look for years, but could never hit into the right combination of colors. Nearly every palette I've come across had clearly been designed for warm toned ladies. I just can't do bronzes and browns. They make me look dirty and tired. They look amazing on others, but awful on me. This palette has an array of blush colored shadows and taupes as well as a dramatic black for lining. I love it. No, the color payoff is not tremendous. It is subtle, but that is exactly what I wanted. If I want to jazz it up a bit for an evening I just pack on a bit more color. I'm thrilled that I can use each and every color in the palette, the lasting power is great, especially when worn over Shadow Insurance. Honestly, I'm not crazy about the bulky Benefit-like packaging. I usually apply my makeup after I shower at my gym, and the bulky packaging is annoying. However, I will suffer this small inconvenience because I love the palette that much.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

So im super smitten with this kit! theres one word to describe this kit: classy. you have to really play around with this palette to fall in love with it however. I was severaly disappointed with this at first because none of the step by step cards were really working for me! So i decided to play around and create my own looks. my favorite for a more minimal look is applying Birthday suit from the brow bone to the crease, applying satin sheets to the lid, and then adding like a virgin to the crease! it works fabulously!!!! For a medium shadow look I apply pink cheeks from the brow bone to the crease, apply lap dance to the lids, and apply unmentionables to my crease. This is a perfect slightly shimmery grey look. For an ultra dramatic night on the town look I apply pink cheeks or in the buff from the brow bone to the crease, apply unmentionables to lids, and apply stilletto to the crease. there are so many ranges in this pallette! if you don't love neutrals you can still use this pallette. I'm so glad i played around with this or else i would not have given this a good review! Now i'm literally in love with this, it gives you such an expensive and classic look. the more shimmery shadows are not glittery but more of an expensive slightly pearly look when applied. I use a primer and NYX white jumbo eye pencil as a base before applying these. it makes the colors really stand out. If you do like a more edgy look like me you can use the more minimal shadows with jet black liquid liner! this is one of my favorite looks because its a more vintage and classy look than always doing a smoky eye. this is a great palette because i can wear this to teach and also out on the town, i've never owned a palette with such a good range of colors before. if you own this and didn't like the looks it gave you please play around with it, it's worth the 35 bucks you paid for!

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

The minute I got my 20% discount from Sephora, I went to buy this one, and I was so excited (the TF SA was too, she already had the "Classical Eye" Palette, but she admitted she regreted she didn't wait for this one -like I did, obsessively, even though many SA offered me Classical Eye since Naked Eye wasn't in stock yet, just the tester) I even forgot to buy more stuff from Sephora to benefit from the discount.
Enough said, I love this palette. It's true that if I use a darker foundation these colors don't all work, but on my naturally fair complexion it's perfect! The sheer finish is perfect for me because I can control the finished result by layering.
My favorites are - Pillow Talk (very sheer warm gray that looks matte but not chalky), Like a Virgin (finally a true taupe that is buildable and not too strong), Unmentionables (undescribeable), Stiletto (perfect black, w/ no brown in it nor blue, used as a eyeliner with a wet brush it is a deepest black eyeliner - effect like a liquid one).
This palette contains most of my sought after - never quite found colors - pale greys that are warm - so I am very pleased with it. I even like the fact that the eyeshadows are very powdery (even if that creates fallouts) because they are so easy to blend.
I don't carry it much around so I guess yes they could have not make the drawer with the applicators which are useless if you have better brushes, but all in all I just like it the way it is. And that everything is warm enough not to be grey but cold enough to still be towards grey.

on 9/19/2010 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been coveting UD's Naked Palette, but since I got this kit, that craving has waned. Some say that the colours are too subtle, but it is called Naked Eye for a reason. All the colours subtly but very effectively enhance my eyes. They tend towards the cooler side of the spectrum compared to TF's Natural Eye Kit.
The quality of the shadows themselves are up to TF's usual high standards.