Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a Collection of Beautiful Colors. Similar too thier "Natural eye kit".

"in the buff" is a sheer bone,
"Pillow Talk" is a Taupe color,
"Like a Virgin" a dark taupe,
"Birthday Suit" a shimmery tan,
"Satin Sheets" a gorgeous shimmery pink,
"Unmentionables" a Shimmery Gunmetal color,
"Pink Cheeks" a shimmery light peach,
"Lap Dance" a gorgeous shimmery Chocolatey color
"Stiletto" a matte black.

So far i love this product! Like the natural eye kit, this one also comes with 3 cards that teach you the different looks; "Day", "Classic", and "Fashion".

on 7/18/2010 9:29:00 PM

I own two sets of Too Faced's Natural Eye Kit, so I bought the Naked Eye Kit right away. Unfortunately, I found that the colors were rather dull/flat. To be fair, perhaps this kit wasn't for me since many of the shades are matte (which I do not care for) and I may have been expecting too much color pay-off from a kit that is marketed to provide a naked eye. Still, if you are looking for a neutral eye I would strongly suggest the Natural Eye Kit (see my other review).

I would like to compliment Too Faced, though, on its development of wearable eyeshadow kits and the inclusion of how-to flashcards in the kits. This company seems to be meeting the needs of its customers - regular gals like me that are not makeup artists but have a desire to learn (and look good!).

on 7/30/2010 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Wow! I'm surprised that:
1. There's not that many reviews for this
2. The rating (as of July 30th) is only 3!

I loved TF Natural eye kit, and this is no exception! This is great for someone who has neutral-cool skin tone and is looking for a work-appropriate palette that is easily transferred into a night palette!

This has 9 colours (with super cute kinky names) that have great pigmentation and texture (especially the mattes, omg sooo soft!).

I've had 3 days to play with this and I'm in love! No more weird glittery shadow like the Neutral eye palette, just soft, matte, satin, shimmery shadows. I've been very impressed with the pigmentation.
In the buff is a great vanilla colour. Perfect for a matte highlight, Stiletto is a great true black (matte), satin sheets is a beautiful wearable peachy-gold. Oh and Lap Dance is an amazing shimmery taupe. Gorgeous!

I consider this to be a complete palette because you have: a great selection of lid colours, crease colours, and two great highlighter (I consider Birthday Suit to be too dark to be an highlighter for me).

Only downside: packaging is a bit bulky considering that I won't use the applicators provided. The sponge-tip is useless, the angle brush could be an acceptable eyeliner brush if you want to use Stiletto wet.

All in all, I would not hesitate to recommend this palette to someone looking for a neutral palette with a kick!

on 7/31/2010 9:59:00 AM

I was tempted to rate this 4 stars because I do better in warm colors and these are mostly cool. But if I ignore that fact.....this is definately a 5. A few things to point out, these colors are pretty sheer (except stilleto) and they are matte to low shimmer. If you are wanting a glittery punch of color this is not for you. But since the name of the palette is NAKED all of the colors are spot on.
You could do 3 very simple looks just as the easy to follow instruction cards suggest, or you can mix and match anywhere in the palette you choose. Today, I did a look with 7 out of the 9 colors and I love it. It provides a very polished almost hollywood movie starlet look without being too overboard--very work friendly.
As usual my con about this kit, just like their natural palette kit, is the rediculously bulky box--no way that thing fits in my purse--and the useless brush that is included.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This cute little palette caught my eye immediately at Sephora. It was so pink and girly and pretty and I wanted it to sit pretty on my dresser. Upon close inspection the colours were very suited to what I like to wear as well, light natural enhancing colours. I have asian eyes and skin tone and finds this works well for my NC15 skin. None of the colours look awkward on me. I took off a star because these are a bit sheer, I have to layer it up a lot for some of the colours to show up. I feel like it applies better with fingers for the light colours. I bought this for ~$CAD50 at Sephora and it comes with 3 instruction cards and a double ended sponger and liner applicator (which I find pretty crummy).

on 8/1/2010 11:18:00 PM

As someone who has very fair skin, I find a lot of eyeshadows I use to look a little too caked on for my liking. Apparently I should've been using the naked eye palette this whole time, because I've only had it for a couple days and I'm already in love! The shadows are sheer, so don't expect everything to be perfect in one take. But I like that no matter how many layers I apply, the matte finish really keeps it from looking like my makeup is painted on. Also love the instructions and the packaging. I agree that the brush that comes with it isn't very useful, but the little drawer it's in is so cute that I can't complain.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The "Naked Eye" palette from Too Faced is such an adorable box filled with gorgeous, eye-catching colors which are sooo smooth, blendable and soft... you just can't resist it. I looked at the "Natural Eye" palette and it looked a little warmer to me. This one (Naked Eye) seems well-suited for a more neutral/cool preference. I love how the box opens up and closes perfectly magnetically... and I LOVE the 3 instructional cards for different "looks" using tutorials as your guide on how to create those looks, for those of us who aren't as talented ;) There are a couple diferent taupe-y shades, and a few highlighter shades, and a few taupe-y grays, then a black to be used as a liner. Like someone mentioned below, it seems to have the perfect amount to choose from for lid, crease, and highlight colors. As always with palettes, the fall-out is not really preventable... I just think this is super adorable and I will get a lot of use out of it- It's easy, and practical, and simple to mix and match the colors... The first time I used it, my friend told me it looked like I had my eye makeup done professionally!! HA! Thats a HUGE compliment for someone like me who is not too great at applying eye makeup.... **UPDATE** HOLY amazeballs, people. I reach for this more often than any of my thousands of dollars of Dior Quints, Guerlain, Chanel etc etc. It is soooo convenient, and looks gorgeous, and is easy and fun and just- awesome!! I have been told I have such beautiful eyes a few times every time I'm wearing these shades. I love eet. I'm worried it'll be gone someday and that would be a tragedy, I love this thing so much, so I believe I will be buying a back-up or two! **UPDATE-UPDATE* Bought my first back up tonight... hehe*

I loved the Natural Eye Kit, but not as much as I love this baby. It's by far the best eye makeup purchase I ever did, and trust me I'm a makeup junkie !
I love it even more than the Urban Decay Naked Palette.
It's a cooler and even more neutral version of the Natural Eye Kit, I use EVERY color in this kit whereas there are some bronzey and warm colors in the Natural Eye Kit I don't use.
I would repurchase the Naked Eye Kit in a heartbeat. I'm so in love with it !

on 8/5/2010 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PALETTE. I'm really fair and don't really like to go super heavy on my eyes (shadow-wise, at least!) and these colors are all perfect... they are pretty sheer but are absolutely gorgeous. The packaging is cute but the container is sort of a pain to try and stash in my makeup kit. I use my own shadow brush instead of what's in the little slide out container...

on 8/27/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought the Natural pallet and really loved it, so I thought I would move on to this one. I think the only reason I do not like it is because I have medium skin tone, and this BARELY shows up on me me! Only a few colors work -- stiletto (black) and unmentionables (dark grey). Everything else is either skin toned or too light -- I'm a medium complexion asian and this pallette just doesnt do it for me at all. Even with Urban Decay Primer, the light colors don't last on me for more than an hour.

I will give this box to a paler friend, and I am sure she will adore it.