Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

1 review

on 9/9/2011 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

These days, I'm liking Too-Faced more and more. I was lucky enough a while back to get a full-sized palette as a bonus from Sephora. The palette I received had a sampling of two shadows from each of Too-Faced Collections palettes. Although I regularly use all the shadows, the one shadow I kept going back to and using was "Like a Virgin". I'm telling you..on my cool-toned skin, this neutral color is amazing--it give my eyes that extra "oomph". It's kind of like a muddy, taupe-y, brown, but not an orangey-brown...more like a blue-brown. Anyway, I had been mulling over purchasing the UD Naked palette for a while, and when I finally saw it in person at Ulta, the shadows just didn't look like the majority would be flattering to me. Also, I thought the velvet case was kind of cheesy.
That being said, on a later trip to Sephora, I saw the Naked Palette by Too-Faced and "Like a Virgin" was one of the shadows contained. I levitated. No kiddin'. I love this palette. All the colors are flattering...the pigmentation is great b/c it isn't so deep--you can start off lightly for day, and with a little bit of a more heavy hand, can build up for a night or special occasion eye look. Plus, there is no fall out.
And......the shimmer on some of the shadows is so subtle--it really is a fantastic palette.
I know a lot of women don't like the packaging, but it doesn't bother me that much. For me, it is pretty much travel-friendly as every shadow I need is in one box. To keep it shut I just wrap a twirly-do (my family name for those elastic hair ties) around it to keep it shut.
I only wish that Too-Faced would create a 'Like a Virgin" single shadow!
All in all, great product. Great price. Most definitely will purchase again. I think I'll purchase one for my daughter as well.