Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.3

on 3/10/2014 12:44:00 PM

I've had this palette for a while and for the longest time I thought there was something wrong with ME or the way I applied the shadow. That is until I used some other similary priced shadows in similar colors and had drastically different results.

Too faced is great at putting together nicely-coordinated color palettes and the packaging is so cute, they are hard to resist. But....the pigmentation is very, VERY poor compared to other shadows. Aside from Stiletto, the colors that are supposed to be "contour" colors are not anywhere near dark enough to use as contour. And as for using Stiletto as a powder eyeliner? Forget about it! You will have black powder all the way down your cheeks! I have a good quality Trish McEvoy flat eyeliner brush, and I dampen it before using, and this stuff still flies everywhere.

The looks created on the makeup cards would be great if the product in this palette was saturated enough to give those looks, but sadly it's not. I won't buy this or any other Too Faced product again because it's too expensive to not be useful when there are so many great competitors out there (UD, MAC, tarte, Lorac, etc.)

on 5/28/2012 9:17:00 AM

I must really like this palette, I find myself reaching for it alot. Goes on smooth and with eye primer, lasts all day. I have to agree that the packaging is bulky, but not a problem for me, I don't carry it around with me. Great for vacations, one palette and with all the different looks you can do with this, it's all you need.

on 2/8/2011 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This palette is amazing! I love it.
In the buff is a perfect highlight color.
Birthday suit is a really nice base.
Pink cheeks is a very sparkly nice pink.
Pillow talk is a nice nude sparkly color.
Like a Virgin is my favorite matte crease color.
Satin Sheets is the most amazing color ever, it looks pink in the palette, but goes on a really pretty gold.
Unmentionables is blue-grey with a few 'chunky pieces of glitter'.
Lap dance is grey but a hint of pink/ warm tones.
Stiletto is a classic black color with a build-able color intensity.
Overall, I <3 this palette. My only complaint is about the packaging because I love the brush that comes with it so much I want to use it with other colors but have trouble opening the separate compartment it is located it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best kits I have ever purchased. 12 Eye shadows make up this kit. Along with the eyshadow, comes 3 cards with instructions on several different applications. I use my own brushes because the applicators that come with the kit are not adequate. The colors are not only pretty but I use everyone of them.

on 9/26/2010 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I needed a daytime eyeshadow palette--had used Revlon Long Wear eyeshadow quad, but the pigment and quality had nothing on this palette. Too Faced eyeshadow is so SOFT and very pigmented. Would definitely buy again.

on 9/6/2010 10:56:00 PM

This is a great palette. I went to Ulta today and I knew I wanted either this palette or the Natural Eye palette. I must have stood there for 15 minutes trying to decide. This one made it's way into my basket. The shadows are very pigmented and the colors are beautiful. I can hardly wait to play with it more.