Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

4.2

on 8/18/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Hated it. The eyeshadows were chalky, dry, and barely showed up. I have several eyeshadows by Too Faced and none of them are like this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Bear in mind that this palette came out waaaay before UD's Naked palette, so don't expect much similarity between the two. TF seems to take the "Naked" part much more literally than UD. The TF Naked Eye Kit consists of mostly soft, tonal colors in taupes, neutral pinks, and soft greys, almost all of them on the cool side. (It's cooler than UD Naked 2 and MUCH cooler than Naked 1.) There are 3 matte shadows in this kit: a bone white, a taupe, and a black. The rest have a subtle sheen and there is no glitter to be found. The shadows are buttery soft and pretty pigmented, but the shades are so subtle it might be difficult for some people to tell. I'm fair-skinned with a pink undertone so these show up well on me. I get better than average staying power even without a primer.

However, I know that many more of you have a golden undertone, so this may not be for you. I believe that if you have a yellow/olive undertone, or tanned or dark skin, these could look too pale and frosty in a dated '80s kind of way. If you know how to rock cooler neutrals, go for it. Otherwise, I'd go with Too Faced's Natural Eye Kit, which is basically another kit of neutral shadows but with warmer tones more similar to UD Naked. The Natural kit is also very high quality except for one pink shadow that is little more than a glitterbomb. But either Too Faced palette works well if you need makeup to wear to the office, or if you just like a more natural look where people will notice your eyes, not your shadow.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this palette.
It's my all time favorite eye shadow palette now. I got it about a month ago and I've been using it ever since. I don't even want to use other eye shadows anymore, which is a problem because I have a lot of them.
I finally found a palette full of cooler wearable shades that don't make my eyes look red or yellow, like for example most UD's Naked palette shades do.
I love the beautiful packaging. I have the newer one without the bottom drawer, so it's not bulky at all. It fits easily on my make up bag.
The shadows are soft and easy to apply. They don't have much fallout and the colors are not too dark for my pale complexion.
'Like a Virgin' is a perfect brown matte crease color. It's my favorite of them all. I can use it also as my eye brow color.
I love all the colors, there's nothing I wouldn't use. I'm using all of them constantly.
There's a matte black shade called "Stiletto". I use it to line my eyes. I've stopped using pencil liners or any other liners and I'm currently using only eye shadow as a liner and Stiletto does a great job. It lasts all day and looks natural.
This palette provides perfect cooler toned eye shadow colors and even has a great eye brow color and liner color.
Absolutely amazing palette.

on 9/11/2011 2:13:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Ugh- first off i have to vent so sorry in advance---
I HATE when the same exact product is listed more than once here in the reviews section so i contacted the mods asking them to consolidate the two listings into one. sadly they did not comply or even respond, so i guess between the 2 choices ill just write my review here....
I was looking for something neutral and matte-ier than uds palettes which I find to be so beautiful to look at but not always so easy to wear with all the bright colors, frosts and glitter. I saw that there is a nice combination of mattes and frosts in this palette, lemmed it for an acceptable amount of time and then when i returned some things to sephora and had a store credit i decided to give it a try.
I like udpp as primer with this- tried tfsi but had to pack on several coats of e/s to get it to show up but not so with udpp- colors showed up perfectly over it. I liked the eye makeup for dummies (lol) type cards that came with it and i do all the looks suggested- was very helpful for my creatively challenged self. Use my own brushes not the included one-pretty useless-looks like they got the message cuz the other kits ive seen dont have a brush anymore. Love all the colors-nice variety and good color payoff too. Love that they made the all over lid colors bigger than the other colors, makes sense since they are used more. All in all this is one of my fav palettes and I have already ordered the new smokey eye one-cant wait, and after that will be the mattes....

on 9/5/2011 7:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Love the eye shadows but not the palette. It's rather bulky so it's not convenient to take with you. I don't understand why the applicators are in a different drawer? I would rather have this one packaged like a Glamour to go palette. But it does look cute. I like the small cards that contain suggestions about making a day, night or fashion look.
As for the shades, they are truly versatile and easy to apply.
I love that the shades are not too frosty or shimmery, don't have fall out (f.i. like the natural palette). the shades are light, matte or satin with two more shimmery shades.
You can make a barely there make up or a dramatic smoky one. I love it and would repurchase.

on 7/7/2011 12:43:00 AM

The packaging and names of the shadows are the big selling point on this item. Very cute. Plus, it gives direction cards for each look the eyeshadows are for. You can, of course, do whatever you want with them. They are subtle and pigmented at the same time. Very blendable and go with pretty much any look you want to try. I don't get any creasing with this either. I like this enough that I'm going to get each of the collections.

I really like this palette- it has some matte and some shimmer, and I really like that. You can layer the colors for more oomph. Some of the colors seem pretty glittery, and I haven't worn them yet. I don't use the brush it came with, and the cards it comes with seem fairly worthless, but the colors are pretty. I really love the color honey pot.

I just got this so am in the "honeymoon period" of using a new palette- but I see myself using this about how much I use UD Naked- and I love UD Naked. They're fairly similar, so I'll probably use the colors together!

I will buy this again, but really wish you could buy the colors separately, I'll have to look into that.

This has some lovely colours in and I love the fact that you get three large base colours to choose from, all of which are lovely and suit me. The colours have good pigment but they do apply like very cheap brands. I wore them yesterday and they didn't have much staying power.

Nice package with some make up tip cards and an applicator in a drawer, not sure how robust this will be long term though as it is cardboard.

on 4/12/2011 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice change from the typical bronze look you get in most neutral palettes. If UD Naked felt too warm, this would be nice for you. The colors are more cool toned. There are hues of purpley-pink type colors, a greyish color, etc. It think the not "brown" selection is what makes this palette so interesting and perhaps preferred by some over UD Naked.

on 1/6/2011 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am so happy I swapped for this because I would have been pissed had I spent the full $35 value for it. Caution!! these shadows in pictures are larger than in person. Man..was I shocked when it arrived. A majority of the shadows themselves are so little(with the exception of the first shadow in each row). I'm a neutral addict so I had to have it. Was I disappointed? Maybe a little, but it had nothing to do with shadow quality. The disappointments were in the areas of size of shadows,price, generic tutorial cards that come with it, and the applicator. To touch on the negative points first. Aside from the first shadows in each row, the remaining shadows are little and for $35 I expect the shadows to be more substantial in size. I would have liked to have seen more realistic tutorial card showing placement on an actual person. I think that would have been more helpful. And finally, the applicator which is dual sided..one side your standard sponge tip which wasn't bad, but the other is an angled brush that is so stiff, you can't do anything with it. The shadows themselves are excellent and I didn't find pigmentation to be an issue as some have mentioned. I'm NC15/20 and these shadows, while not highly pigmented,are sheer but buildable and give a natural or "Naked" look hence the palette name. So, the way these shadows are pigmented makes sense. With this type of look ,you want people to complement how beautiful you look and not your shadow. The first row or the "Day" shadows contain In the Buff which is an semi-matte eggshell, Pillow Talk which is a semi-matte, light taupe based beige(weird as that sounds, that's how I see it), and Like a Virgin which is a darker semi matte true taupe.. and what I mean by true taupe is that it's the perfect balance of brown and grey with no base colors making it taupe in the truest sense of the word. The next row or the "Classic" row contains Birthday Suit which has the perfect amount of frost and while it looks like sand, it applies with the most gorgeous rosey undertone. Next is Satin Sheets which is a frosted( but not overly) light pink with lots of golden iridescence,and lastly Unmentionables which is the color of a black pearl. Lastly there's the "Fashion" row which contains Pink Cheeks which is a pink tinged ecru, Lap Dance**Star of the palette** this shade is gorgeous..It's the lovechild of MAC Satin Taupe and Hard to please with a wearable amount of frost. And finally Stiletto which is a deep inky black. My take on this obviously is mixed, I know. While I'm glad I have it, I think it's a must have, and I would try to get my hands on it again, I would only get it if I could get it for less than retail. Just my 2 cents;)