Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Filtered by age: 30-35
Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

4.3

It is a good palette, great pigmentation.

A few of these colors make this palette worth owning. Not a fan of the green, and I lost those cards a long time ago (they are difficult to get out of the palette), but I use these shadows regularly. They can get a little messier than the other palettes by too faced I own, and they're very shimmery, but I really love the colors. I wouldn't say it is appropriately named - naked - but it is a nice collection.

on 10/9/2012 11:37:00 AM

This rather nondescript palette is becoming indispensable to me in my new life as mother to an infant. The shades are of good variety yet work well independently and together; the quality is buttery and blendable. The name is NOT misleading: the eyeshadows are definitely soft & sexy. Sometimes a bit too soft. The palette leans cool, but it's not too bad if your complexion is slightly warm. Lasting power is superb with a primer.

The good stuff: Several of the shades are standouts, while a couple are merely "meh." I am in love with all the darker colors - they're great as crease (rock it in the socket!) and liner shades. Stiletto (matte deep black) is making my life SO much easier. I use it wet as my daily winged liner and 1) having it right there in the palette is super convenient, and 2) I don't have to wash my liner brush every time I use it. (Gel liner can be gummy and messy to remove and turns your brush rock solid if you forget. The powder just rinses right out.) This liner situation is almost (not totally) as dark as my gel & liquid liners, but it looks good, really lasts all day, and the ease of use and application (much smoother to apply for me) is worth it. I like the ratio of matte to shimmer shades, too. I haven't been into looking like a glitter-bomb lately. Sad, but true.

The merely OK stuff: The lighter base shades (you know, the bigger pans that dominate the palette) are pretty sheer. You can pack it on and it won't look chalky/cakey, but it's still kind of annoying to get them to show up. I'm better off using Pillow Talk (the medium satin taupe shade on the top row) as my allover lid shade. Birthday Suit works for me, though. This probably won't be an issue for the more fair-skinned (I'm an olive). I'm also not a huge fan of the pink shades. I get why they're included, and Satin Sheets especially is a gorgeous golden-pink, but they just don't look that great on me. I still find small ways to use them, though. The other minor downfalls include: powder fall-out (can deal with this, but I hate when the shadows get dirty) and NO MIRROR. That one, I hate. Otherwise, the packaging is cute and sturdy, if slightly bulky.

Some cute instructional cards are included with the palette, but they basically explain the obvious: brow, lid, crease shades. Hope this helps y'all in the increasingly diverse world of "natural" eye shadow palettes...I am discovering that the key is really just finding the one with shades you love.
continued >>

on 2/25/2012 10:02:00 PM

LOVE these shadows, and this is my favorite palette. I wear it almost every day. The colors all look fantastic with my coloring, which is fair with pink undertones. The colors definitely are light and not heavily pigmented, which is what I wanted and what I expected given the name of the product. What I think I love most is that these shadows have the perfect amount of sparkle. I have a professional job where I can't wear super glittery makeup, and this palette has a very pretty and subtle amount of sparkle without it being unprofessional or over the top. I use the lighter colors to create a soft, neutral eye for during the day, but the darker colors are perfect for creating a more dramatic nighttime look.

on 1/24/2012 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great eyeshadow palette that I use everyday. It can be subtle enough for day, or you can glam it up for night. I usually use the fashion eyeshadow to highlight my browbone, or if I'm feeling in a hurry, I sweep this across my whole lid for a little shimmer. Then there are darker shadows for the crease of the lids. A very beautiful makeup kit for sure, and since I see that one of my eyeshadows is getting low, I am preparing to replace this essential for me :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like too faced packaging because it is very feminine and cutesy. Pink is my favorite color and they are heavy on the pink in their packaging. I love this kit because it is for creating exactly what it is supposed to which is a naked eye. If your looking for bold, standout or dramatic eyes, this kit will disappoint you and I would aim for the smokey eye kit instead. I love a natural yet feminine and soft pretty look for every day eyes, and so this kit is ideal for me. For the record, I use either the too faced shadow insurance or the udpp and it lasts until I remove it at the end of the night. I also find that even though a couple of the shadows have shimmer and a touch of glitter, it does not give a metallic or overly shimmery look. It is definitely more toned down.

on 9/28/2011 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Finally, I found it! I found a neutral eye palette designed for fair, cool toned women. I have wanted to do a neutral eye look for years, but could never hit into the right combination of colors. Nearly every palette I've come across had clearly been designed for warm toned ladies. I just can't do bronzes and browns. They make me look dirty and tired. They look amazing on others, but awful on me. This palette has an array of blush colored shadows and taupes as well as a dramatic black for lining. I love it. No, the color payoff is not tremendous. It is subtle, but that is exactly what I wanted. If I want to jazz it up a bit for an evening I just pack on a bit more color. I'm thrilled that I can use each and every color in the palette, the lasting power is great, especially when worn over Shadow Insurance. Honestly, I'm not crazy about the bulky Benefit-like packaging. I usually apply my makeup after I shower at my gym, and the bulky packaging is annoying. However, I will suffer this small inconvenience because I love the palette that much.

I love absolutely love this palette! All the shadows apply quite sheerly, so if you are looking for major color payoff, this might not be for you. The shadows stand out from many of my other shadows, because there is no super obvious shimmer or glitter to them. Rather, it has almost an irridescent shimmer effect that is very subtle and flattering for day looks. This is a great palette for those that look good in cool/neutral shades. I have to admit that the one con is the bulky packaging. It is a major pain and I rarely travel with this for that reason.

on 9/5/2011 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love all of Too Faced Palettes. The instruction cards make application a breeze.

Really liked this palette. Works well for fair, cool-toned skin like mine (NW20). Makes a great travel palette, since you can do both daytime and evening looks. Would have been even better if a couple of the shadows were matte or less shimmery (one lippie off for that.) Also the drawer and sponge brush were a waste of space. Would have preferred a thinner palette.