Too Faced Naked Eye Kit

Too Faced Naked Eye Kit
Naked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye KitNaked Eye Kit

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have a love/hate relationship with this palette. It's not very pigmented except for stiletto, which I feel that color transfers. Even if I put on a primer it still muddied the other colors somehow. I guess I like this palette for those rushed mornings where I don't have alot of time. And I've worn this palette for two interviews and got the jobs. So it's office appropriate

Overall, I really like this palette.
It has nice cool tones which can be used for both day and night.
They are nicely pigmented, but also have mattes to create an entire eye look.
I favor this palette over Urban Decay's Naked 2.
I have the old packaging, which was much too big, but I know that now the packaging is skinnier (who needs a tiny makeup brush anyway?).
Overall, it's a great palette for those that love cool shades.

on 10/9/2012 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is my GO TO makeup. Every day. I never really like to splurge on expensive makeup, but last year my fiance let me go on a shopping spree in Ulta. I bought tons of expensive makeup, this palette being one of them. I don't like to wear heavy makeup, I like to look more natural, and out of all of the makeup I got that day this is the only one I still use, not to mention I use it daily and still haven't run out.. totally worth the money. Anyway, I don't really go by the suggestive way to use it that is labelled on the palette. I use the light color on my brow bone, and the medium tan one on my lids every day. I use the top non shimmery one as my eyeliner, and my eyebrows. I love that there are non shimmery matte shadows on the pallette, and then below there are shimmery ones for going out and more dramatic looks. Also, the pinky shimmery one is really pretty. This palette is very neutral, and I love it and will be repurchasing, if I ever run out.

on 6/18/2012 12:04:00 AM

The colours are so beautiful, nothing is left wasted. The balance is perfect. And the instuction cards are really handy for the first application.

on 5/29/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been gravitating towards large palettes where you make your own combos and eyeshadow singles lately. But I just started a new job where I have to wake up at 6:45 AM to make the commute and believe me, coordinating and expertly applying makeup is simply not happening. For instance, this morning I tried double hard to do a good job on my appearance and when I went to the bathroom at work saw a big stripe of sunscreen in between my eyebrows. So while normally I relish the opportunity to spend 20 minutes expertly applying some cool color combination, before work is not that time.

Enter the Naked palette. This palette has the trios already picked out and arranged (I don't use the cards, but they might be good for some). I can do the whole thing in under 5 minutes including primer. Even if I screw up a little, it's not noticeable because the colors are so natural and go together so well. The lasting power is stellar. By the time I get home I've been gone upwards of 12 hours and there is never any creasing and barely any fading (with a primer, and a cheap ELF primer at that).

The look is really beautiful and subtle. Perfect for the office. The top two really can't be overdone even if you apply them wet and the bottom fashion look can be dramatic or toned down. I feel very professional when I wear anything from this palette. While I like very pigmented and dramatic eye makeup a lot of the time, a lot of the time I need to look more conservative at the office, want a bright lip, or want to wear something a little crazy clothing-wise. When I want a neutral eye that is dramatic and noticeable (hey I'm wearing makeup!), which I do love to wear sometimes, I go with my Nude 'Tude palette from TheBalm.

I have no problems getting this to actually show up though. It definitely doesn't look like you're actually not wearing eyeshadow. I've found that if I just apply the trios as are, they are a little faint (except fashion). The way I get it to look much more dramatic (but still office-appropriate) is to put a LITTLE bit of the color "stiletto" in my outer V with all the looks and use the darkest colors from the other two to do my whole crease.

I have both the naked and natural palette and I vastly prefer this one. While the natural palette is very nice and is definitely more pigmented, it's very warm and doesn't contrast well with my eye color. If you are cool toned and wanting a good neutral palette, this one is fantastic! I bring it to travel a lot as well.

Update:
I've found that if I use a bit more of a heavy hand to apply this, it shows up BEAUTIFULLY. Not faint at all, I simply wasn't using enough color! The pans are kind of small, so it's easy to not get enough color on your brush since you can only pat them, not swirl or brush. So just go over it a few times and you'll get that vibrant gorgeous cool-toned neutral eye you're after.

Also my most recent early morning debacle? I got to work and saw a big spot of matte bronzer on my lower cheek, totally unblended, just sitting there all orangey-brown. I think I need a new schedule!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love love love this! The package is soooo cute! The colors are amazing. I love the names. It's perfect for everyday use. Everything blends so beautifully.

on 5/11/2012 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love love love this palette. The packaging is sooo pretty! Even though I don't use it like everyday I always use at least one eyeshadow from this kit.

on 3/23/2012 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a beautiful palette but I have a problem, 2 of the prettiest colors wont show up on my lids. Im NC15.
I love how pillow talk and lap dance looks in the pan but I hate them on the lids. I have to layer them 4times to see some color.
The rest of the colors are really pretty but I dont think that this palette is worth the price.
But the packaging is just too cute to resist so Ive picked up romantic eye, natural at night and natural eye. I hope those are better than this.
I recommend this to someone that is new to eyeshadows and dont want super pigmented colors. My search for the prettiest taupe will continue :P

on 3/1/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love these palettes. They last forever, pretty colors that go easily from day to night. You can't mess up the application either. Cute names and packaging. Price isn't dirt cheap exactly but you'll never run out. Some of the shades have a lot of shimmer so watch for fall out. But otherwise, love it!

on 2/12/2012 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love almost every palette that Too Faced has come out, and this is probably my favorite everyday eyeshadow palette of all time. I first got the 500-point sephora palette (which contains 2shades from 4 of thier palettes) and I found myself using it more and more often, especially with the 2 shades from Naked Eye kit (Satin Sheets, Like a Virgin). Satin Sheets now becomes my absolute favorite eyeshadow ever, if I could only wear one color in my entire life that would be it.
It is a very cool-toned palette, even though my skin tone is more on the neutral-warm side, I always tend to like cool-toned blushes and eyeshadows. I also got the Natural Eye kit, but I still love this one a little more. It gives you the perfect "Naked" looking, an illusion of not wearing any eye makeup, so it makes sense to be not too highly pigmented, and the colors are mostly very light and subtle to begin with. By the way they changed all the packaging (without the little drawer and the now) so it is very sleek and travel friendly.