L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes

3.4

Aqua / Water / Eau ; Paraffin ; Potassium Cetyl Phosphate ; Cera Alba / Beeswax / ; Cire Dabeille ; Cera Carnauba / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba ; Acacia Senegal / ; Acacia Senegal Gum ; Glycerin ; Cetyl Alcohol ; Hydroxyethylcellulose ; Phenoxyethanol ; Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone ; Steareth-20 ; Phenethyl Alcohol ;Sodium Polymethacrylate ; Propylene Glycol ; Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil ; Hydrogenated Palm Oil ; Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate ; Disodium Edta ; Polyquaternium-10 ; Soluble Collagen ; Silica ; Panthenol ; Silica Dimethyl ; Silylate ; Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate ; Atelocollagen[+/- May Contain / Peut Contenirci 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides ; Mica ; CI 75470 / Carmine ; CI 77288 / Chromium ; Oxide Greens ; CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green ; CI 77007 / Ultramarines ; CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide ; CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

One of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. I love big lashes (one of my favourite mascaras is False lash effect by Max Factor).
My main complain is that it is not buildable at all. I'll keep trying - maybe after some time the formula will dry a little. As of now, it does nothing for my lashes. After the first coat, my lashes are separated, but it makes them look sparse. Adding more coats doesn't help, just makes them look spidery. I don't like it neither for natural nor dramatic looks.

on 6/29/2016 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A pretty good mascara here! The wand is awesome- it applies the product evenly and leaves few clumps if any. There is some volume, which can be built up. The reason I didn't give five stars is because I found it to be better at separating lashes than providing volume. I wouldn't recommend the waterproof version of this though- it crumbles like crazy!

To Read all 972 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/23/2016 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Here I go again, trying to save money -- this was on sale at Rite Aid in NYC for $6.99 -- and not having it work out very well. Well, I'm happier with the product now than I was the first time I took it out of the package.

The good part is the brush is pretty nice. Lots of bristles, and you can really get to the root. My lashes are medium length and extremely fine. The color is nice and the texture is not clumpy.

The bad part is that it just doesn't build up. You can put coat after coat and your lashes don't get stiff and thick. I think the formula is just too wet. It also doesn't dry quickly. Meaning that if you get one (thin and skimpy) coat on one eye, then do the other eye, the first eye is still wet when you go back in for another coat. Even if you wait, your lashes just look kind of meh.

If I added one coat of another brand as the final layer, my lashes actually looked really good. (In this case, Rimmel, which I thought was the worst mascara until I tried this. Everything is relative, I guess.) But this is the mascara that was old and used up that I need to throw out!

All that said, now that I've had this about a week or so, it's drying out enough to be looking better without too much doctoring.

Even for the price, I'm not sure it's worth this much work.

I really like this mascara!!! My HG is voluminous, so when I saw this product, I went after it. When I first got it, I didnt like it, because I thought the brush should have had more product. However, I began to use it more, and it became better. My lashes are long, but thin. They need a nice fat sized brush, but a good separator in one. That's what you get with this mascara! I nice, fat sized brush, with separation!!! My lashes love it! I get beautiful, drama sized, separted lashes!!! A couple of times, I've had to comb through them, but I don't know if it was the mascara or the amount of oil deposited from the baby oil I used to remove previous makeup.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've used Voluminous Original forever and while I like it quite a bit, I wish it gave just a little more length. But I'm very sensitive and it's the only mascara that doesn't cause me any grief. I tried this, hoping it would give more length, but it was very irritating, and really didn't do much for me at all. The smell of this is quite strong and it has different ingredients than the original, so it's a no go for me.

on 5/12/2016 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The only mascara I run and thus compare other mascaras to. It does what it says plain and simple

on 4/23/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I wouldn't call this the perfect mascara, however, this is the best I've found. Wish I could give it 4.5!
Packaging: It's a gold packaging, which is really pretty, and doesn't look cheap like great lash. The letters are black, which goes with the gold really well, and makes it look luxurious.

Wand: THIS WAND! I love it! Some say the wand looks like YSL Babydoll, I think it's pretty close. There are no bristles on the very inner part of the wand, so I do have to go back and apply to my inner lashes using the middle sections. There are many bristles and there are no chunks of mascara stuck to certain parts of the wand, like the supersizer does. I do wish it was just slightly smaller for people with smaller eyes, however, I do not have a problem with it. It's hard to get mascara on your eyelid with this wand, although it's bigger than what I prefer. I prefer the wand size of the roller lash mascara. This wand separates super well, and is flexible, but not to the point where it's hard to apply the mascara. They include long AND short bristles so it's easier to coat each and every lash.

Formula: I love this formula as well. It does lengthen, and if I curl well, it will hold a curl. If you put on too much at the tips of your lashes and not the base, it will for sure just fall. I have to curl extremely well, because I have very straight Asian lashes. It gives okay volume, but this is more like a natural mascara. If you are someone going for more length and separation with a little bit of volume, this is for you! I wish it held a curl better, but I'm sure it will for others. One thing I hate about this formula is that it smells terrible! I'm not sure if I got a bad batch, but it smelled terrible. I got used to it, and the more I used it, the scent started to disappear. The formula is not wet or dry, it's in between leaning a little bit more to dry. That's just what I prefer! Very wet formulas tend to not hold a curl well. I've been using this for more than 4 months, but the results are still the same.

Results: Nice! I like the length and if you place more product at the roots of your lashes, it'll hold a curl. It has okay volume, as I've said before. It's super natural and non clumpy. I've never had a single clump with this. Impressive! If you are someone who goes for dramatic lashes you can see from miles away, this isn't for you! But if you are someone that is just going to work, school, or a nice casual brunch with friends, this is good. I found this to be better than the buxom lash mascara, which is more expensive.

Price: The price is okay. The tube, I think, has the same results even after 4 months. Ops, I know it's bad for my lashes but this one is doing just fine! I just purchased a new one yesterday though. Haven't opened yet. The price, is around $8/9, I believe. Expensive for drugstore maybe, but definitely saves more money than high end. I think you should give it a shot if you like how it sounds, and when it's on sale or something.

Lasting Power: I have a tiny bit of flakes when I comb through my lashes after applying this mascara, but other than that it doesn't flake. If I'm not combing through them, I never get flakes through the whole day. I'm happy with that! It doesn't have terrible smudging, either. I sometimes have a little on my lower lash line but it's unnoticeable and i can easily wipe it off. It's apparently ophthalmologist and allergy tested. I have allergies and I don't notice irritation.

It's hard to wrap it up short, but this is my overall:
4.5/5! Natural and nice. No crazy flaking or smudging and doesn't disturb my eyes. Nice black color, and pretty packaging. Okay price, and pretty good results. I do think it's underrated, because my friend has the same mascara (i told her to get it) and she gets so much better results than I do! If you tried it and liked it, message me! Also, message me for any questions about this product.
Love, @tbhaudios on instagram.
I post beauty videos on there every once in a while. But if you post videos like makeup videos on instagram, I post audios for everyone to use! Go check it out :))

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love this mascara makes my eyelashes look super good and long.

on 4/7/2016 6:04:00 PM

I really like the formula of this mascara! The mascara is not clumpy at all. The brush is a bit thicker than usual mascaras, which! I love I also like how the applicator is not too long.

Although this mascara is not waterproof, I think the formula does a great job at keeping the mascara in place. Don't take this the wrong way; I don't think you can actually go swimming with this on, but it definitely stays in place when sweating, and it lasts quite long.

I really like this mascara in black brown. It gives me the lashes I want. Length, volume and no clumps. And I only have to use one coat. Sometimes I will do another if I am feeling a bit frisky.