MAC Satin - Cork

MAC Cork EyeshadowSatin - CorkSatin - CorkSatin - Cork

4.5

on 7/7/2016 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Cork is a matte medium neutral brown shade which works great for everyday looks.

The one I got was Extremely stiff and I had to scratch off the top layer of the eyeshadow to get pigment EVERYTIME I used it. I made sure and 'hit pan' until 3/4 of the way finish to get my monies worth until I finally said Enough is Enough! I threw it away!!!

The shade is great, especially on my NC35 complexion but the formula I got was horrible. MAC really needs to improve the quality consistency of their eyeshadows!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Cork is a matte medium neutral brown. I'm a natural redhead but my hair isn't bright orange. It's like like a medium auburn. Anyway, cork is the best brow shade for me with my invisi-brows. Totally ashy colors don't work on me but warm colors look weird, so this neutral brown is perfect. It also works in eye looks but I pretty much only use it for my brows.

To Read all 201 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I originally wrote a review for Cork way back in 2010 and at the time, I wasn't very happy with it. Now, 6 years later, MAC has had the wisdom to drop the price of their Pro Pan shadows considerably and I decided to repurchase Cork and give it another try. I think my "expertise" (I use the term loosely, believe me) and understanding of how to use different tones of eyeshadows has improved a lot in the past 6 years because I am really enjoying using Cork now. It's really nice for my brows - not too dark, but, like Omega, it gives some definition and fills in without looking like too much for day. It really does work nicely as a crease/transition colour, and I think that I just hadn't mastered the technique for how to use it when I first tried this shadow. I have several "dupes" for Cork, shadows I like, and I suppose it's that fact that really tipped me toward trying it again and I'm glad I did. I am using it almost daily, either for my brows, as a warming transition shade or for a natural looking, "no makeup" contour on a nude eye, which is often what I'll wear for day/work when I'm in a rush.

on 2/29/2016 10:52:00 PM

I love this product!!! I don't really use it as an eyeshadow but more as a contour color for my cheeks, forehead, and nose (although I'm sure it is lovely on the eyes). It is VERY pigmented, and looks super natural. The price is a little ridiculous considering the eyeshadow is small itself, but honestly i say its worth it.

on 9/11/2015 8:25:00 AM

I was unsure about this at first but it goes really well with wedge (another Mac eyeshadow).

on 3/2/2015 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

On me, this is a medium golden brown. It's a good staple and a workhorse. Works great as a crease color in so many looks. Lovely satin finish (almost matte) but not dry or flat. Can be built up or applied lightly. On me, it's darker and more golden than Wedge, though similar. It's very versatile as I can also use it as a liner or brow powder (though a bit too warm to consider my go-to brow powder).

LOVE LOVE LOVE this color! So versatile. I use it for contouring on my jawline, cheeks, and eyes. Also great for helping to shape my eyebrows, leaving them looking natural since it's a powder.

on 11/1/2014 1:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I do use this as a cooler-toned crease color for a neutral eye, but Cork gets far more use as a brow powder. I use this daily for the outer half of my brows (with MAC Omega on the inner half) and have received several compliments on them over the years. I apply with an angled brush.

Pros:
* amazing brow color for darker blonde brows
* smooth application
* blendable on brows
* very long-lasting
* generous amount of product
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* a bit dry; can be harder to blend as a crease color

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The eyeshadow itself is great, it's creamy and pigmented. However, it turned orange on my eyes and that isn't a look I'd want on an everyday basis. $16 for an eyeshadow I won't wear is too much for me to not take it back. I would recommend this to some darker skinned warm toned people, my lighter skin just made it pull a weird color.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Good basic staple eyeshadow tang everyone should own! I use it as a crease color for an everyday natural look, also works good for eyebrows. I just hit pan recently and will repurchase.