BH Cosmetics 88 Matte Palette

BH Cosmetics 88 Matte Palette

2.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ADORE this palette! Compairable to Morphie, I'd say better, since the entire thing was $12.99. I see the bad reviews: PRIME AND SET PEOPLE! Brights are usually hard to get pigmentation with, unless it's NARS or Makeup Forever, and that's just not affordable. Sometimes it helps to scrape the top off of pans to get the pigmentation, and wet application helps with mattes too.

The entire palette is all matte shades.
So versatile, even includes red and red-violet shades, super hard to find. I was actually looking for a Green shaded palette and fell for this because of the wide shade range, look at all of those greens! The pigmentation is strong even with the bright blues and citrus shades, which is rare. I always use primer underneath them, but I think they would do well without. Impeccable blending, and the palette has so many transitional shades.

If you want alternative or special effects, this palette can do it. I have gotten more tame looks from it also.

On stage they do well (Green Marble setting spray ya'll) and are clear and bright. I wear them day to day also, because I roll like that. They stay put, very little fall out or fading.

I love packaging, and this one is more professional looking. It's a fairly good size and the black plastic case has good weight. I love how a professional palette got a mirror. Most don't have them, and ofcourse sometimes you want to use it on yourself. Good call.

Never looked at BH Cosmetics before, but will be shopping them a little more. Very impressed with the quality and price.

on 12/24/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The color payoff in this palette is horrible, and not all the colors are matte either. I didn't care for this at all. I used it with a primer I have been using for years and the colors barely showed up. Tried it quite a few times and then ended up tossing it. Cheap price, but there are better products out there for the same price.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

With the right primer, this palette is absolutely perfect. It's not my first choice of their palettes, but it hardly deserves the hate reviews. Over NYX white primer or over any number of paint pots by MAC or even with Fyrrinae's pixie epoxy, this palette is absolutely fab. It's also on sale right now, so I'm not complaining; mine was $10.

on 2/18/2014 11:03:00 PM

I was really disappointed in this palette. The colors aren't as vibrant as they appear in the package and the texture is a chalky and dry. Idk if it's because the oils of my fingers dried them out but I wouldn't repurchase nor would I recommend this to anyone.

on 11/22/2013 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I don't know why I had high expectations for this palette. It's not very pigmented but it was affordable.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this palette after seeing it being hyped everywhere. I have very oily skin and wanted a nice selection of matte eyeshadows. So I bought this.

But it's crap. I can not understand why anyone would want to say that it's a good thing to buy.
The eye shadows are not only matte in this palette, some of them are shimmery, I was a bit disappointed with that, but they also smell very wierd, like really cheap water colors I used to have as a kid. I'm not even sure all of the colors are safe to use on the eyes either.

And they are not that good pigmented. I didn't pay a lot for this... but I won't recommend anyone to use it. I only use it for playing around with so I won't waste other products.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with some things, lacks amount... some are more pigmented than others.

But i guess to each their own, because i love the colors, i dont mind using a BASE, which i prefer becuase it will show up better, and i personally like this product.. soo... yeah. lol

on 7/7/2013 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Waste of $! Colors look great in package but show up on eyelid very well.

This is honestly one of the worst palette's I own! If you're thinking of purchasing this palette, please rethink it! The shadows are so flakey, dry and has NO COLOR PAY OFF! You can even say that the shadows were chalk-like. Even with a ton of primer, I still get little to no color pay off.. I love BH Cosmetic stuff, but this palette was a complete disappointment!

on 10/29/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I have very oily skin so it was important to me that the shadows where matte. It's advised as "matte" but it's not! NOT AT ALL! It does however have a variety of very pigemeted colors. I think I'm gonna have this forever so that's a plus. But I would not buy it agAin.